Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2006 2:06:43 PM EDT

I havn't seen the Mexican border issue covered that much this week just Iran and nukes. What give?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]

I guess so!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I would tend to come to the same conclusion, but I have been out of touch for the last several days.  Today on Fox I have seen both covered.  Both are worthy subjects, but I detect a purpose in the sudden shift by the media.  

I expect to see more coverage on the 1st of May.

-K
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I havn't seen the Mexican border issue covered that much this week just Iran and nukes. What give?

Make no mistake the Mexican border will be back, but the media would like to take our minds off it long enough for a few hundred thousand more illegals to cross the border. It will be back though. How long is the congressional break, or is it over yet?

We shouldn't be so short of memory as to simply forget about the illegal problems, as they are a much more immediate problem to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Iran coverage will be schizophrenic.  Will they have a bomb next month, next year or by 2010?  This allows the media to pick and choose the POV, short term, medium term or long term and criticize our government on the way it decides to do this.  It also allows the UN to never reach the "grave consequences" stage of their rhetoric.  IOW, we're talking so much about it because it's so close to happening but when push comes to shove, it's "we really don't know for sure, it's still likely years away".  Even when they get a warhead the talk will then turn to whether they have the long range missile or something else that puts "action" out into the future.  It's just Iraq WMDs redux with a different heartthrob.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure congress would like our minds to be elsewhere as they slow slip the blade between our shoulder blades.  Misdirection is a tool in every politicians kit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm sure congress would like our minds to be elsewhere as they slow slip the blade between our shoulder blades.  Misdirection is a tool in every politicians kit.

+1
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Iran with nukes  very close to fruition is a far more challenging problem than the Mexicans.  That should be #1 priority.  The border issues are ones we can control if we decide to.  The Iranians are NOT something we can control and have the political will to go way out of control.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe  Iran can just nuke Mexico?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Both issues are coloosal Bush/GOP failures waiting to happen.  I would not expect to see anything else covered.  Liek Rush says "Drive By Media"!  GWB is making it too fucking easy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Maybe  Iran can just nuke Mexico?

We are not that lucky.  Maybe L.A. instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top