Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 6:16:05 PM EDT
Why, I'm enjoying one *right now*, and I have to say:
"Yum. Cool and refreshing, like a Florida vacation!"

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:18:17 PM EDT
Where's that WTF cat?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:19:12 PM EDT
I bet it tastes like beer, that is just a can with a long neck.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 6:22:21 PM EDT by xmetalhedx]
Yeah, had one like 2 months ago when they first came out. It's a gimmick. My dad, who works for a local AB distributer said theyre supposed to stay cold longer, I told him he just needs to drink his beer faster.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:22:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LANCEMAN:

Nope, it's different. Just like a can tastes different than a bottle than a keg. It "shouldn't", and yet, it does. This is a little crisper than a standard can, though not as true as a bottle. Next time ya think it all tastes the same, have a Coke in the little bottle. It's different.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:23:22 PM EDT
I got some Coors Light in plastic bottles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:24:36 PM EDT
No aluminum is as good as beer in a bottle.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:24:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Camp_Ninja:

Nope, it's different. Just like a can tastes different than a bottle than a keg. It "shouldn't", and yet, it does. This is a little crisper than a standard can, though not as true as a bottle. Next time ya think it all tastes the same, have a Coke in the little bottle. It's different.

www.wjoe.com/cokbots.jpg

I love Coke in the bottle or the fountain. Way different.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:28:34 PM EDT
Iron City Beer started doing aluminum bottles a couple of years ago. www.pittsburghbrewingco.com
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 6:36:48 PM EDT by gamesniper]
Beer from a bottle-the ONLY WAY whenever possible.

We didn't have our usual pool party last weekend (I was up scouting a hunting area) so for this weekend I ALREADY have 12 Michelob bottles in the bottom of the fridge as well as plenty of Bloody Mary mix, margarita mix, vodka, Grand Marnier and Sauza gold cooling off.

When I was beer shopping I saw the Michelob in aluminum cans bottles and, notwithstanding the fact that aluminum is a can no matter WHAT shape it is, it was $1 more for 4 canbottles than 6 genuine GLASS bottles, BOTH 12oz.

Who the fuck is gonna fall for that ?

I like beer from a bottle so much that I tolerate glass around my pool.

And as you can see from the alky list, we drink DOUBLE FISTED at my pool parties.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:35:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Camp_Ninja:

www.wjoe.com/cokbots.jpg

Probably has something to do with carbonation and the neck vs hole in can flow. Engineers.... this is primo research stuff here! I can see the Nova special now:

Mark was sitting in front of his computer, surfing ARFCOM and having a beer, when he wondered, why does coke taste different from a can than from a bottle? That question sent him on a five year search thay may be the key to getting the Space Shuttle flying again.

I need to stop watching PBS.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:39:52 PM EDT
Tried drinking from them or shooting at them after you are done? Which do you mean? Be fun target at about 200 to 300.

Debo
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:43:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:
Iron City Beer started doing aluminum bottles a couple of years ago. www.pittsburghbrewingco.com

Those bottles are tough SOBs. Got a few laying around I have to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:51:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:51:30 PM EDT
Aluminum bottles are very comonplace already in Japan. Had Coke in the Aluminum bottle in Okinawa.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 7:34:19 PM EDT by cmjohnson]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:09:55 PM EDT
Top Top