Posted: 8/3/2005 6:16:05 PM EDT
Why, I'm enjoying one *right now*, and I have to say:
"Yum.  Cool and refreshing, like a Florida vacation!"

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's that WTF cat?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet it tastes like beer, that is just a can with a long neck.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, had one like 2 months ago when they first came out. It's a gimmick. My dad, who works for a local AB distributer said theyre supposed to stay cold longer, I told him he just needs to drink his beer faster.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Nope, it's different.  Just like a can tastes different than a bottle than a keg.  It "shouldn't", and yet, it does.  This is a little crisper than a standard can, though not as true as a bottle.  Next time ya think it all tastes the same, have a Coke in the little bottle.  It's different.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I got some Coors Light in plastic bottles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
No aluminum is as good as beer in a bottle.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, it's different.  Just like a can tastes different than a bottle than a keg.  It "shouldn't", and yet, it does.  This is a little crisper than a standard can, though not as true as a bottle.  Next time ya think it all tastes the same, have a Coke in the little bottle.  It's different.

www.wjoe.com/cokbots.jpg

I love Coke in the bottle or the fountain. Way different.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Iron City Beer started doing aluminum bottles a couple of years ago. www.pittsburghbrewingco.com
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Beer from a bottle-the ONLY WAY whenever possible.

We didn't have our usual pool party last weekend (I was up scouting a hunting area) so for this weekend I ALREADY have 12 Michelob bottles in the bottom of the fridge as well as plenty of Bloody Mary mix, margarita mix, vodka, Grand Marnier and Sauza gold cooling off.

When I was beer shopping I saw the Michelob in aluminum  cans bottles and, notwithstanding the fact that aluminum is a can no matter WHAT shape it is, it was $1 more for 4 canbottles than 6 genuine GLASS bottles, BOTH 12oz.

Who the fuck is gonna fall for that ?

I like beer from a bottle so much that I tolerate glass around my pool.

And as you can see from the alky list, we drink DOUBLE FISTED at my pool parties.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.wjoe.com/cokbots.jpg

Probably has something to do with carbonation and the neck vs hole in can flow. Engineers.... this is primo research stuff here! I can see the Nova special now:

Mark was sitting in front of his computer, surfing ARFCOM and having a beer, when he wondered, why does coke taste different from a can than from a bottle? That question sent him on a five year search thay may be the key to getting the Space Shuttle flying again.

I need to stop watching PBS.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Tried drinking from them or shooting at them after you are done?  Which do you mean?  Be fun target at about 200 to 300.

Debo
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Iron City Beer started doing aluminum bottles a couple of years ago. www.pittsburghbrewingco.com

Those bottles are tough SOBs. Got a few laying around I have to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Aluminum bottles are very comonplace already in Japan. Had Coke in the Aluminum bottle in Okinawa.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top