Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 6:35:05 AM EDT
Hooked on Phonics.

Smoke-Away.

Lipitor.

Do any of these actually work?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Lipitor is a cholestrol-lowering drug that a Dr. prescribes for high cholestrol.  My Dr. has me on it and it has reduced my cholestrol dramatically, from a high of 194 to a present 136.

He does regular tests to prevent liver problems (a simple blood test) and says it will drastically reduce my chances of heart problems.  He said he gives it to a lot of patients and has never seen a problem with it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Zap we purchased the Hooked on Phonics set that included the Hooked on Math when my son was four. We have used them as prescribed and practice allot with him on reading and math. Our school is small and uses phonics and teaches the old fashion way. He has just graduated from the second grade and is reading on a 5.4 grade reading level on the Star test. He scored a 96 in math and 98 in reading on this year Terra Nova test. I do believe that the Hooked on Phonics is part of his success that and the fact that he is smart and we read with him and he reads to us most of the time instead of watching TV. You can pick up the hooked on phonics on ebay sometimes for a good price. The most important thing is to get them reading as much as possible and keep their interest up. Something else that we really have fun with and learn allot from is the ElectroWiz book/kit these are fun and great for learning about science. Here is their website [url]www.electrowiz.com[/url]  
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Hookd on foniks workd for me
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lipitor is a cholestrol-lowering drug that a Dr. prescribes for high cholestrol.  My Dr. has me on it and it has reduced my cholestrol dramatically, from a high of 194 to a present 136.

He does regular tests to prevent liver problems (a simple blood test) and says it will drastically reduce my chances of heart problems.  He said he gives it to a lot of patients and has never seen a problem with it.
View Quote

I think I may have messed the name up. I meant the weight-loss thing they advertise on TV for $153 per bottle (!!!).

Thanks, Shooter, for the input...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I used Lipitor for 30 days, I went from 386 to 185 in that time. Now I'm on it forever. It's good to go!
AB
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I think I may have messed the name up. I meant the weight-loss thing they advertise on TV for $153 per bottle (!!!).

View Quote

I saw that ad on TV. As a Director of Maketing, it caught my attention. They basically said "IF you're a little bit fat, this isn't for you because it's TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE FOR YOUR POOR ASS. But if you're a big fat bastard, it might be worth dropping big bucks on this."

Amazing. Marketing by telling people it's too expensive.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I saw that ad on TV. As a Director of Maketing, it caught my attention. They basically said "IF you're a little bit fat, this isn't for you because it's TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE FOR YOUR POOR ASS. But if you're a big fat bastard, it might be worth dropping big bucks on this."

Amazing. Marketing by telling people it's too expensive.
View Quote

If you think about it, it's $5/day or so right?  How much do you think one of the lard-asses has to spend every day to stay that damn fat?  All that extra food has got to be expensive, and surely they put away more than one additional extra-value meal a day right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top