Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2001 5:23:58 PM EDT
I bought a box the other day and managed to get one mag through my kimber/Ciener before my womanz took over and blasted me into ammo poverty. That stuff is WAY accurate! and runs a lot better than I expected it to. It does have the most unusual smell of any ammo I have ever been around. Whats up with that stuff?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot a bunch through my 10/22T, and it loves it, accurate as hell, with a good bit of ass behind it.  I'd really like to try it through a supressed 10/22 or MKII... I hear it's really quiet, no pun intended.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Like I said,I didnt get much of a chance with it before Jani took it away from me, but I picked up two more boxes today at the Orlando gun show and she doesnt know about them. Its 10/22 time for me now!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
what does the SSS do?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Shooting that SSS out of my supressed 10/22, it works ok.  Sometimes smoke is trailing out the the ejected piece of brass.  Weird stuff.  Aguila has subsonic 38 and 40 grain bullets which work just as good.  I also like Remington's supressed 22 ammo.  

With my supressed 10/22 I really don't need subsonic ammo, they all sound the same.  Super quiet.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
what does the SSS do?
View Quote

Its a subsonic sniper round in .22LR It has a 60 grain bullet. It looks like a .22 short casing with the rest of the LR length taken up by this REALLY long bullet.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
oh, i have seen that. im gonna get some next time i see it. i got a old single shot .22 (for stealth ops, like crows off the back deck) and i need something quiet.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've shot a bunch through my 10/22T, and it loves it, accurate as hell, with a good bit of ass behind it.  I'd really like to try it through a supressed 10/22 or MKII... I hear it's really quiet, no pun intended.
View Quote

It is!!!  I shoot this stuff through my AWC suppressed 10/22, and my SWR suppressed MKII.  The SSS cycles reliably, is very accurate, and has an extremely low sound signature.  The only problem is that out of a standard 10/22 barrel it won't stabilize past fifty yards, but the same company that makes the ammo(Aguila) also makes a barrel with the correct twist to stabilize the round at greater distance.  And you have to take into account that this round has better ballistics than the sub-sonic .223.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#8]
And what rifling twist rate would work best with the SSS 60 grain?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top