Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/14/2007 7:14:52 AM EDT
I really would like to get one of Nokia's smartphones (E70, probably), but I want to make sure that it would work on Verizon's network.

I know that the phone would work, but I'd hate to shell out $400 only to find out that the internet features won't work.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:26:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCynic:
I really would like to get one of Nokia's smartphones (E70, probably), but I want to make sure that it would work on Verizon's network.

I know that the phone would work, but I'd hate to shell out $400 only to find out that the internet features won't work.

Anyone?

Howard's Forums are your friend...

In a nutshell - the phone stuff might work, but internet probably won't. Verizon is notorious for locking down/crippling their phones in new and interesting ways, in an effort to extract the most fares for usage. I was a vVerizon customer for a long time until I got sick and tired of watching other carriers zoom right on by with capabilities and features. If you want to use the Verizon network, your better off getting a Verizon phone, and living within their framework...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:37:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
If you want to use the Verizon network, your better off getting a Verizon phone, and living within their framework...

That is what I was afraid of. Too bad Verizon has the shittiest selection of phones.

Thanks for the help.

I wonder why the rest of the world has kickass phones and we have the three-year-old shit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:47:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCynic:
That is what I was afraid of. Too bad Verizon has the shittiest selection of phones.

Thanks for the help.

I wonder why the rest of the world has kickass phones and we have the three-year-old shit.

Now you know why after 4 years I left Verizon for AT&T

Hey, look...I get the internet on my phone now!

Like, ALL of it

Just wait until they run another promo; scan HowardForums for promotions. I found one they were having; a new 8525 + service, through the Premiere Account setup (corporate customers). Phone was free with voice and data plans. They run unannounced deals all the time...

Top Top