Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2010 6:03:56 AM EDT
Not sure if this has been around too much or how legit it is.  I just got this in an email.  If this is real it is absolutely pathetic and disturbing!
Imam Ali flew one of the planes into the World Trade Center towers.
What are you thoughts?

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
what store is that?

was this forwarded from someone who's STILL on AOL?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Ok I'm getting my gear, my car, be gone for a few days, will post an AAR.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Brick INBOUND
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
what store is that?

was this forwarded from someone who's STILL on AOL?

Not sure of the store, looks to be a luggage store of sorts.  But the email said it is a Muslim family that runs the place, obviously.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Imam Ali was born in 600 and died in 661.  he is a famous Imam and his birthday is celebrated the same day every year.  The day just happened to fall on September 11th the last time.

It has NOTHING to do with the WTC attack and no one named Imam Ali was aboard the 911 flights.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#6]
perfume planet

lots of biased shit to read here:

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Perfume.Planet.832-251-1786

looks like a lot of shit in google points to this place being of no good

eta: just practice your own capitalist beliefs, don't shop there and spread the word
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice of them to put it in Spanish as well.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Imam Ali was born in 600 and died in 661.  he is a famous Imam and his birthday is celebrated the same day every year.  The day just happened to fall on September 11th the last time.

It has NOTHING to do with the WTC attack and no one named Imam Ali was aboard the 911 flights.

Thanks for the info, like I said I wasn't sure of the legitimacy of this picture.  Thanks for clearing that up.
False alarm ARFCOM!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

thanks for doing what should have been done up front.

ok, my next question will be, does this particular store practice this every year, or just because it was "convenient" ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Just some old dude who died a long, long time ago, and folks celebrate his death (I think).  Just happened to fall on that day.  Not a bid deal unless you want to make it a big deal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok, my next question will be, does this particular store practice this every year, or just because it was "convenient" ?

Every year.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Culture failure on their part.   I still think its awfully convenient to pick that date and for them to put that sign up and think nothing of it

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:47:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every year.

ok, since or before 9/11 ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every year.

Just like this POST comes up every year...

I'm amazed at you guys, this thing is like number three after the DEA guy shooting himself in the foot in front of all those kids.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow....
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Culture failure on their part.   I still think its awfully convenient to pick that date and for them to put that sign up and think nothing of it

The third Monday in February is President's Day.  Used to be George Washington's B'Day, but I digress.

It fell on February 15th this year.  All the banks and stuff were closed this year.  Awfully convenient?

Loosen your tin foil.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every year.

Every year before and since.  To them it's just like President's Day for us.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every year.

I bet they never thought to display that sign and close the store until after 2001
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every year.

Every year before and since.  To them it's just like President's Day for us.  

ok, then I don't have a beef with THAT.

now, lets talk about intolerance, support and all the shit that goes with 9/11 (and all the other jihad shit before and since) and the ROP........
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I bet they never thought to display that sign and close the store until after 2001

EVERY YEAR!

And, no.  I'm not an apologist and have every reason not to be...

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
now, lets talk about intolerance, support and all the shit that goes with 9/11 (and all the other jihad shit before and since) and the ROP........

Have at it, buddy.  I'm behind you on that one.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/08/2781556702_87741895f1_o.jpg

EVERY YEAR!

And, no.  I'm not an apologist and have every reason not to be...

http://www.fototime.com/25616D854548089/standard.jpg

Those people at that particular store?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every year.

So what if they did?  It's a free country...implying anything else makes you a communist.  You don't want to be a communist do you?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Those people at that particular store?

Yes, the people at that store.  Every 21st day of Ramadan.  Before 2001, the Year of 2001, and every year since.  There will likely be a sign there this year, too.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every year.

Clerk: When is your birthday?

Cust: July 20

Clerk: What year?

Cust:  Well......every year...fuck man.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top