Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page General » Books
Posted: 3/13/2011 8:55:12 PM EST

I remember reading these probably 20 years ago when I was a kid, having checked them out from the public library (where I used to spend all of my time).

It's a series of five novels (book five is a prequel to the rest) about the last living inhabitant of the planet Moros, a world on which the society acts as mercenaries for other planets in need of soldiers. The protagonist is Kiell Randor, an unarmed combat champion who only survives the genocide of his planet because he is stranded in space due to a malfunctioning ship upon returning from a mission. He sets out to determine who killed off his people and avenge their deaths.

This is young adult fiction and it was written in the early 1980s, so I can't really say how well it's held up since then. The books appear to be out of print, and the author died in 2007. All I know is I enjoyed the hell out of these books when I read them, and if I can find them again I will definitely reread the series. I don't remember too many specifics, except that one of the prequel short stories is about his time in the military academy as a teenager, when he and his squad were stranded in an outlying post surrounded by killer worms of some sort, and only had a single pistol and some improvised weapons to defend themselves with.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:04:48 AM EST
Looks like it'd be more of an adult theme than a kids' series from the wiki entries.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Page General » Books
Top Top