Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 5:25:29 PM EDT
I been thinking about ordering a copy,is it a good book.I have'nt read any reviews.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
An awesome read, you'll never look at the Iraqi's the same after you read it. Great accounts of the shoot-outs and attempted E&E's.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second that.  Shows you what savages they truly are.  Also, try Immediate Action by McNab as well.  Gives an interesting account of SAS training and some other mussions he was involved in.

-AO
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a good read BUT try "The One That Got Away" It was written by the only guy on the patrol that escaped. IT is a GREAT read.

Emerson
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Also read McNab's second book...name escapes me (Immediate Action?).

Both good reads.  I would suggest going to a used book store, as the ones around here usually have one or two of the paperbacks available for half price.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Highly recommended.  McNab is now writing Fiction,and appearantly he gives some tradecraft away.  If is the way Marchinco did in the Rogue Warrior genre, then it will probably not be so great.

Just ordered mine from Amazon.  Let you know when I read it.  Pick up a Queen's english to english dictionary before you start.  I got a little confused the first couple of times I read it.

pat
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was a great read.  I heard the movie was excellent too.  BUT, the movie was made by BBC and is not available here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 2:03:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Guys,I just finished BLACKHAWK DOWN and need something else to occupy my mind for a while.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 2:24:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks Guys,I just finished BLACKHAWK DOWN and need something else to occupy my mind for a while.
View Quote

That one together with Bravo Two Zero and Immediate Action make for some great reading. I loved reading each one of them. These are the type of books I re-read from time to time and always pack a copy of in my kit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 2:32:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Absolutely a FANTASTIC READ!  They get compromised right away and everything that can possbly go wrong, goes wrong.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Absolutely a FANTASTIC READ!  They get compromised right away and everything that can possbly go wrong, goes wrong.
View Quote

Ditto to that.  One of the best reads I have done.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top