Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/22/2004 9:19:57 AM EST
One of the guys I'm in the academy with mentioned something about it and i was just wondering if there was any truth to this at all. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:02:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 4:03:42 PM EST by Dru]
Right Here.

$ Looks good........ But I don't think Iraq is ready for me......
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:35:23 PM EST
My Captains brother in law is there right now...making a BUTTLOAD of money, doing NOTHING.

He is actually in Kuait, staying in a compound that was built by OSAMA BIN LADEN's daddys construction company.

The upsides:

Great money, little work.

The downsides:

One of the big suicide bombings that made the news a while back, happened there...he sent back pics of the dormitory building next to his...leveled.

He was under the impression (I dont know why)...that his money would be "tax free", as long as he stayed a certain amount of time....WRONG....as he recently found out.

I think I recall him saying something about never being allowed to leave the base.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:28:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 4:29:06 AM EST by N2DFire]
1) Wackenhut is not the only FF contractor (not saying they're are bad, just wanting to let you know it's not the only company in the sandbox)

2) If you REALLY want to know what it's like & what to expect - try talking with some folks who are there.
http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61281

This is an ongoing thread that has a few FF in country now talking about conditions & such. Should be quite informative.

Best of luck to you.
Top Top