Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 5:18:56 PM EDT
I bought a set of HID's for one of my vehicles and am having a problem with something.

I have repeatedly called and emailed with no luck

So much for a lifetime warranty on the bulbs and ballasts
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, to be honest they're junk.  They will make you ship the defective ones on your dime and pay to have the replacements shipped as well.  As far as bulbs it usually ends up being cheaper to just buy a new bulb not to mention it takes forever to receive your replacements.  I had several issues out of 2 sets and ended up giving them away, guy put them in his polaris rzr.  What are they for and what wattage/temp?  I probably still have some bulbs and ballasts left over both sets were 55w...I should still have some 5000k, 6000k, and 3000k bulbs
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got zero experience with DDM.  That said, there was a long thread a few months ago on ih8mud.com (the arf of Toyota Land Cruisers)...search for "hid lights" and you'll find it.  Iirc, issue was quick order shipment for a while, then either hard to get parts from China, or not enough workers to fill orders, or both.  They did have 'cheap' goin' for them.

-hanko
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've got zero experience with DDM.  That said, there was a long thread a few months ago on ih8mud.com (the arf of Toyota Land Cruisers)...search for "hid lights" and you'll find it.  Iirc, issue was quick order shipment for a while, then either hard to get parts from China, or not enough workers to fill orders, or both.  They did have 'cheap' goin' for them.

-hanko

Theres a few threads on t4r.org, and ttora.org about them. I think a bunch of people have them. I have no experience with them though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Have seen a set of them in a friends taco.  Seemed to function well and he said they were easy to put in.  But I have heard others did not have this type of experience......
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Updated 2 autos w/DDM HIDS. No problem, except they like to send you the wrong items for shipping costs, Last order came direct from china. try www.HIDgeeks.com
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Updated 2 autos w/DDM HIDS. No problem, except they like to send you the wrong items for shipping costs, Last order came direct from china. try www.HIDgeeks.com

The adaptors that convert their universal bulb to all the different types all leak.  This is the main reason that I'm having problems.  Also their wiring harness that was sent with the kit sucks royally!  The weather pack connectors are junk and the ballasts are falling apart after six months on the truck!

Never again!

FUCKING JUNK is the only statement to cover their products!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top