Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 11:48:29 AM EDT
My wife and I think Jordis is 'da bomb'. Her voice is amazing.

By far, imho, the best on the show. However, I don't think she would be the best fit to cover the original INXS music that they will inevitably have to cover. I think she is better suited as a solo artist or as the front person for an all original band.

With that said, I think it will come down to Marty or Mig. My wife doesn't see Mig in the running. Ty was impressive at the beginning, but after a few weeks, all his performances seem the same. They are very theatirical and 'canned'.

Jessica rocks.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

That's about all I can say here w/o getting too nailed by the wife.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Found a couple of videos. Not the best, but good.

LINK
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
yay reality tv
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Where's the BOTD?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

z.about.com/d/realitytv/1/0/X/N/rockstarjordis.jpg

www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/shows/ep02/photogal/slide_show2/18.jpg

www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/shows/ep03/photogal/slide_show2/03.jpg

I'd bet her dreads smell REALLY really bad.  WTF?  WASH YOUR HAIR.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

z.about.com/d/realitytv/1/0/X/N/rockstarjordis.jpg

www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/shows/ep02/photogal/slide_show2/18.jpg

www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/shows/ep03/photogal/slide_show2/03.jpg

I'd bet her dreads smell REALLY really bad.  WTF?  WASH YOUR HAIR.

But when she sings like THIS , who the hell cares????????? The girl is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I like her voice, but she fails to qualify as BOTD in my book.  Hey whatever turns you on though.....to each his own.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like her voice, but she fails to qualify as BOTD in my book.  Hey whatever turns you on though.....to each his own.  

I didn't say SHE was BOTD. I put 'BOTD' in the thread because of the pics of women in general. Had I not, someone would have been screaming that I should have by the 4th post.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Apparently me.  She should have some self-respect and wash herself.  That's just butt-nasty.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently me.  She should have some self-respect and wash herself.  That's just butt-nasty.

her father is from the south pacific maybe thats why she wears it like that, I dont mind the shit-locks she has a damn good voice.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

her father is from the south pacific maybe thats why she wears it like that, I dont mind the shit-locks she has a damn good voice.

Bingo. Her father is from the island of Tonga.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Should have given this thread a SOTD warning (skank of the day).
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Should have given this thread a SOTD warning (skank of the day).

To each his own I guess......................
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
yay reality tv

yup
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yay reality tv

yup

You guys crack me up. This is as close to 'reality tv' (in the context it is most used) as is the NFL. It sounds as if you think that sitting in front of a keyboard on ARFcom is somehow more soically or morally redeeming than watching live music.

I have always been a dreg of society and I guess next week will be no different.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#15]
i've been enjoying that show.  you're right about her voice.

the show is entertaining.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#16]
what is this? American Idol with rock?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sort of. It's really bad when you are competing to replace the guy that died while jerking off and choking himself.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

INXS is looking for a new singer for the band. The band has been pretty much 'defunct' since the death of Michael Hutchence in Nov 1997.

The show started about 3-4 weeks ago with 16 singers from around the world (Canada and US really + 1 guy from down under). Each week, there is a song list. The performers choose from the songs that are provided. It is a good mix of stuff. There has been Queen, 10,000 Maniacs, REM, Nivarna, David Bowie, Ozzy, The Mama and the Poppas, Alyanis Morisette, etc.

It is a pretty good show. Really cool to see how some bomb and some shine.

The winner will be the new singer and will go straight into the studio to record the next INXS album. Then, its off for a world tour.

ETA: OR, you could look at it like ChainSaw does.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yay reality tv

yup

You guys crack me up. This is as close to 'reality tv' (in the context it is most used) as is the NFL. It sounds as if you think that sitting in front of a keyboard on ARFcom is somehow more soically or morally redeeming than watching live music.

I have always been a dreg of society and I guess next week will be no different.

it is just that some of us find better things to do with our spare time than waste it in front of the idiot box watching some focus group designed mass marketed drivel passed off as entertainment.  want live music?  go watch some local bands.  
and is that show really "live"?  I seriously doubt it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yay reality tv

yup

it is just that some of us find better things to do with our spare time than waste it in front of the idiot box watching some focus group designed mass marketed drivel passed off as entertainment.  want live music?  go watch some local bands.  
and is that show really "live"?  I seriously doubt it.

and this from a guy with 14K posts.............

I hear you. I love live music, espeically acoustic. My wife and I go check out live music and stand up comedy all the time. But, we can't always get out every night of our lives.

I just don't see the difference in going and seeing live comedy and that being considered entertainment and watching "Last Comic Standing" and that somehow being a waste. It's the same thing with this show.

It's not like its MTV Road Rules or Laguna Beach. Shessshh.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#21]
The show disgusts me.
Proof positive INXS has sold out IMO. Which is a damned shame, I *really* like them.
Well, used to. I'll still listen to the old stuff but there new stuff is gonna have to be something truly amazing for me to buy it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]
INXS sucks shit.
80's new wave shit music.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I post from work out of a general lack of anything better to do.  what's your excuse?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice couple o'skanks. So, you're into hippy/lib looking trash? You can keep'em.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#25]
... I like her music too - even though I've never heard it

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#26]
You had to go there Winston_Wolf?
I can sense a 40 page Alizée thread...

She's been bred by the way.

Alizée married fellow French singer Jérémy Châtelain in 2004. The couple had their first child, Hannah-Lili, in April 2005.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I post from work out of a general lack of anything better to do.  what's your excuse?

I actually work while at work so I guess I don't have an excuse.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Nice couple o'skanks. So, you're into hippy/lib looking trash? You can keep'em.

Nah, I have one better than these two put together.

I was commenting on their MUSICAL talent (well, all except the par t about Jessica).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top