Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 9:54:25 AM EDT
Just wondering if any big wigs either within the industry or in politics has yet.

How long till someone does?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent an email to cbsnews.com requesting it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Never happen.  (Rather's resignation, that is)

He's a hero to the left.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Since nobody has, let me be the first. Dan Rather, step aside you lyin' sack of shit! News anchors are only suppose to report the news, not attempt to create it. You and those like you are a cancer to journalism.

And BTW, this would not be the first time Dan Rather has manufactured information. He did the same thing when in Vietnam as a reporter. He reported what happened in a village as "criminal like" behavior by American troops. Here's what American troops said realy happened. They entered a ville, took fire, saw a man moving in a hootch, asked him repeatedly (we are talking several minutes of pleading) with the guy to come out, even in Vietnamese. Finally, when he wouldn't  respond and after being fired upon from this same ville, they opened up on the hootch. I can't remember if he was killed or not, but I think they had every reason to do what they did.

Dan puts on his face at work, appearing to actually care and shed his fake tears when he reports a sad story. The soccer moms eat it up. But his act doesn't fool me.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
The Left doesnt pay him

And his fellow lefties at NBC and ABC are in the forefront of tearing him a new one right now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#5]
What exactly is the latest on this story anyway? I haven't heard anything in the last 24-48 hours. Have those documents not basically become proven false?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What exactly is the latest on this story anyway? I haven't heard anything in the last 24-48 hours. Have those documents not basically become proven false?

They have.  The news is now on tracking down the perpetrator, was it CBS or the DNC?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Very interesting.

Let's see where we stand at this point. Ok, we have the SwiftVetsForTruth who blasted Kerry. He has never been able to dispute their claims. We have this set of "documents" show up out of the blue and the blasting of Bush. Within a couple of days they are proven to be fake. In the process, Kerry just comes unhinged and goes off the deep end. Bush remains perfectly calm.  

Hmmmm. It seems the left is wanting to make a big play like the swiftees, except whoever this was wasn't very "swift". LOL. In other words, they wanna play war while they have no ammo. OTOH, the right appears well armed.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. I hope that links turn up between the media and the Kerry campaign. That would completely seal the deal and make my day in the process. Of course I realize that would be too good to be true. Just like the Sandy Berger situation, this will quickly and quietly disappear off the radar.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to know the thought process the person had who
decided to use Microsoft Word to forge documents made
with a 40 year old typewriter.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Omygod,  check out what is being posted on Tank Net

How can you hold Dan Rather responsible for this? All the intelligence sources said the info was correct and Bush still engaged in AWOL related activities. The British stiill have evidence that Bush sought cocaine in Nigeria. CNN, ABC all thought Bush was AWOL as well On the other hand Richard Clarke says that the day after Bush took office Dan Rather came to him and wanted him to find proof that Bush was AWOL

63.99.108.76/ubb/Forum8/HTML/012305.html

It seems that the Euro Trash ALSO dont know how computers work and think a 1971 IBM Selectric can reproduce Windows fonts!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I think he should committ suicide.

Dan Rather is a communist asshat!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think he should committ suicide.

Dan Rather is a communist asshat!

he really is!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm...producing false documents in order  manipulate a presidential election..............

Sounds like that's a crime on order with TREASON!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Very interesting.

Let's see where we stand at this point. Ok, we have the SwiftVetsForTruth who blasted Kerry. He has never been able to dispute their claims. We have this set of "documents" show up out of the blue and the blasting of Bush. Within a couple of days they are proven to be fake. In the process, Kerry just comes unhinged and goes off the deep end. Bush remains perfectly calm.  

Hmmmm. It seems the left is wanting to make a big play like the swiftees, except whoever this was wasn't very "swift". LOL. In other words, they wanna play war while they have no ammo. OTOH, the right appears well armed.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. I hope that links turn up between the media and the Kerry campaign. That would completely seal the deal and make my day in the process. Of course I realize that would be too good to be true. Just like the Sandy Berger situation, this will quickly and quietly disappear off the radar. -CH

Well spoken!

To your statement, "Hmmmm. It seems the left is wanting to make a big play like the swiftees, except whoever this was wasn't very "swift". LOL. In other words, they wanna play war while they have no ammo. OTOH, the right appears well armed."  I have to say, look who's their Commander-in-Chief!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey, wasn't it  Dan Rather-useless  that interviewed Osammie Bin??? Maybe Dan was spirited off to a trainning camp in Afpakistan and brainwashed during that interview. He may be a sleeper agent for the Qaeda.

OR maybe he's not even Dan Rather at all. Osami might have had Rather killed and replaced Rather (after millions of dollars worth of plastic surgery). THAT'S why we can't find OBL, he's hiding right here under our nose posing as Dan Rather.

The tin-foil hat guys'll have a field day with that one!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Resignation?

I bloody well want his SUICIDE by now!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hmmm...producing false documents in order  manipulate a presidential election..............

Sounds like that's a crime on order with TREASON!!

I agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top