Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:42:34 PM EDT
If so, please let me know if they are any good.
I am about to order them and would like to know if i am wasting my mula.

The Black Arrow: A Tale of the Resistance- Vin Suprynowicz

Unintended Consequences- John Ross

The Ballad of Carl Drega- Vin Suprynowicz

Send In The Waco Killers: Essays on the Freedom Movement, 1993-1998- Vin Suprynowicz

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

I just finished Unintended Consequences and Send in the Waco Killers and The Black Arrow.

UC was different than expected. Waco just got me mad, but wish it had more references. Black Arrow was way different and more bloody than expected.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read UC by JR.  Excellent read.

Gives you a step by step rendition of how the slippery slope that we are on happened.  When you read the book it is actually kind of scary.  You'll also become somewhat of an expert on gunlaw history when you read the book and realize how the second amendment has been used, abused, and trashed by those that oppose it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you TRW. I think i am going to go ahead and just order that one and wait on the others. thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes to everything but the Black Arrow, which I have now.

+1 to all
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have not read Enemies Foreign and Domestic you might add that to the order. Hell of a book.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for UC I stole someone else's copy and have read it 4 times. I think this should put me on every fed list available.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Can someone shoot me a digital link to UC at [email protected]   remove nospam
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I've read all of them.  Suprynowicz's columns are IMHO excellent.  A few are focused on extremely local Las Vegas issues, but most are about national issues.  He also goes into rant mode every now and then, doing little more than tearing a new asshole for some left-wing weenie who made the mistake of sending him a letter opposing something he wrote in an earlier column.

Black Arrow is so-so.  Very cartoonish.  It's worth a read if you like that sort of thing, but you'd probably be better off checking it out of your local library.

Unintended Consequences is, of course, a classic among gun nuts, and deservedly so.  The only negative, IMHO, is that the sex scenes make it inappropriate as a gift for some of my more religious friends.

ETA: if anyone has a way to get a digital copy of UC, I'd appreciate a link, too.  I've been wanting to reread a few parts of it but my copies are in storage.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
read "unintended consequences". comes from the tom clancy school of fiction where the hero never messes his har up and never misses and the bad guys are oily greasy cretins who scurry in the shadows and have bo. the first 2/3 of the book are also historical drivel. they don't get into the actual story until real real late in the book.

you know, i actually put a copy out into the arf.com pop to pass around. dunno whatever happened to it...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you have not read Enemies Foreign and Domestic you might add that to the order. Hell of a book.

+1 Billion, i'm currently reading Molon Labe, and it doesn't hold a candle to Enemies Foreign and Domestic. Unintended Consequences is next
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...snip...
ETA: if anyone has a way to get a digital copy of UC, I'd appreciate a link, too.  I've been wanting to reread a few parts of it but my copies are in storage.

Me too, please
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:43:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

kinda amateurish but definitely readable! a good read!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If so, please let me know if they are any good.
I am about to order them and would like to know if i am wasting my mula.

The Black Arrow: A Tale of the Resistance- Vin Suprynowicz

Unintended Consequences- John Ross

The Ballad of Carl Drega- Vin Suprynowicz

Send In The Waco Killers: Essays on the Freedom Movement, 1993-1998- Vin Suprynowicz

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, all of them

Best is Unitended Consequences.  Some people get bored by al lthe setup and gun culture, but I loved it.

2nd is Black Arrow, it's a fictional book (well, maybe not soon) and it's a little odd in parts, but it's a page turner, i was up til 2am one night reading it.

the other 2 are essays, they are real life, they are well written and you will be pissed reading it. I love giving them to my friends to get them upset too
Order one of those and if you like it order the other one.

definately buy UC.
Also, there is Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Mathew Bracken, I would put that one #2 ahead fo Black Arrow.

Brian  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top