Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/24/2016 11:28:55 AM EDT
Has anybody had years spells of bad luck? If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all. Seems like the devil is got a hold of my soul.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anybody had years spells of bad luck? If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all. Seems like the devil is got a hold of my soul.
View Quote

There is no bad luck, just bad decision making usually.  Sorry OP, hope it gets better.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#2]
My family and thinks I have a devil on my shoulder.  I have been hurt and injured in SO many different ways.  6 surgeries, and so many broken bones it's scary.  Exceedingly rare bones smashed to bits like my scapula.  I've fallen off of 2 roofs and fell through 2 more, fallen twice out of treestands.  Smashed ribs, dislocated shoulders, broken arms had 2 hips replaced been mauled by 2 Rottweilers and had a car crush me and put me in a coma with last rites.

Yet I feel I live a blessed life.  Married 29 years to the love of my life, 2 great kids and fiercely loyal friends.  Live for the moments and find Joy in your life
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]

There are days in everyone's lives where it can feel that way.
It's how we choose to respond to those times that defines who we are.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you mean about bad luck? I'm not superstitious so I'm curious to know what you think bad luck is.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, but I'm finally divorcing her.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes. House broken into, tornado, family falling out, 5 miscarriages,  lost 16 week pregnancy,  and now divorce...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I once woke up with my left sock missing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh yeah terrible luck here. Multiple surgeries/wounds. I keep chugging along though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Have your eyes turned as red as the devil's dick? If not, you are still good.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My condolences.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#11]

You wouldn't even understand
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#12]
mine dont go years, but months at a time...one shit sammich after another
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Thankfully, no. But I know someone who has. It's absurd how much strife and bad luck they have. And 90% of it has nothing to do with their decision making. We're talking random freak accidents. Bizarre medical stuff. You name it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope, We are in a financial bind right now and going through bill consolidation and  possibly bankruptcy. But it is all our fault because of bad decisions on our part. Any injuries/surgeries I've had are a direct result of my own decisions also. I chose to buy a motorcycle knowing accident rates are higher on them. Getting injured on it was a result of that decision. Sorry, no devil or bad luck involved, just me. I do wish you good luck though, and maybe it will turn around for you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Why don't you just come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ for the win Alex?

Then the devil can have your physical life, but he can't have your eternal life (your soul).

Just find yourself an authorized King James Bible and read the following scripture verses:

1 Peter 3:18, Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12; 6:23, Isaiah 53:4-5, I Corinthians 15:3-4, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:16, and Romans 10:9-10,13

Then invite the Lord Jesus Christ into your life, and ask Him to save you, and become your Saviour and Lord.

Then your life truly begins.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I had some very rough times. A few things were my fault but I had an awful stretch of bad luck. I was able to move forward and I'm 87 thousand times better off now. Hang tough.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There is no bad luck, just bad decision making usually.  Sorry OP, hope it gets better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the USA I tend to agree with this. In shit holes like India? Yeah, there are millions of people born into nothing but bad luck.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Says the guy who has never had a frozen piece of shit fall from an airplane and land on his head.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes.
But thete is always someone worse off.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I have found that for the most part that people make their own "luck"..
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why don't you just come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ for the win Alex?

Then the devil can have your physical life, but he can't have your eternal life (your soul).

Just find yourself an authorized King James Bible and read the following scripture verses:

1 Peter 3:18, Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12; 6:23, Isaiah 53:4-5, I Corinthians 15:3-4, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:16, and Romans 10:9-10,13

Then invite the Lord Jesus Christ into your life, and ask Him to save you, and become your Saviour and Lord.

Then your life truly begins.

View Quote

If it worked for you, cool, but religion isn't for everyone.

Hang in there, OP. If nothing else, the law of averages says things will get better eventually
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uummm, there is no Devil, OP.
You are simply not upholding your part of the bargain - with your own demon/s.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My family and thinks I have a devil on my shoulder.  I have been hurt and injured in SO many different ways.  6 surgeries, and so many broken bones it's scary.  Exceedingly rare bones smashed to bits like my scapula.  I've fallen off of 2 roofs and fell through 2 more, fallen twice out of treestands.  Smashed ribs, dislocated shoulders, broken arms had 2 hips replaced been mauled by 2 Rottweilers and had a car crush me and put me in a coma with last rites.

Yet I feel I live a blessed life.  Married 29 years to the love of my life, 2 great kids and fiercely loyal friends.  Live for the moments and find Joy in your life
View Quote

You sir - unlike many members here, need to stay in the basement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Luck is probability taken personally. If we consider "positive" and "negative" outcomes as a normal distribution, you simply found yourself on the wrong side of the bell curve, OP.

No god(s), devil, or any other supernatural hocus pocus had anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously. And maybe consider bubble wrap. Like...everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in this category and then some. Minus the wife and kids, I newer married. Financially doing good but the ole body is just beaten to hell. It just beat you down physically and mentally anymore.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#28]

No shit!!! I need to get this tattoo on my forehead and on my chest.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#29]
It's a matter of perspective OP. You have your problems, but they're not trapped in a gulag in best Korea kind of problems

*edit for schpelling.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#30]

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who sleeps with socks on?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#32]
No. I made some piss poor decisions when younger, and I've worked hard to get where I'm at. Luck is a fairy tale.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he was masturbating in it and it slipped away in the night. No note. No kiss goodbye.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah.   I had a Chaplin come see me in the ICU unit of the local hospital.   I didn't really talk to the the other ones they sent,  couldn't relate to them.   They were healthy and I was a medical disaster on the verge of death.  

I really liked the last guy they sent. Grew up in a orphanage in post war South Korea.   Got Polio.   Managed to survive it only to be crippled for the rest of his life.   He read some stuff from the book of Job and I realized how similar my life has been to that story.  

Considering everything,  I figure all of this is a divine test of some sort.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

nah,  like everything, it'll pass....
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.   Pretty much one blow after another since May of 1999.   Things have to turn around eventually.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPNI, take life by the horns but understand everyone faces adversity.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#38]
What doesn't kill you make you stronger. I sincerely believe this.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah.   I had a Chaplin come see me in the ICU unit of the local hospital.   I didn't really talk to the the other ones they sent,  couldn't relate to them.   They were healthy and I was a medical disaster on the verge of death.  

I really liked the last guy they sent. Grew up in a orphanage in post war South Korea.   Got Polio.   Managed to survive it only to be crippled for the rest of his life.   He read some stuff from the book of Job and I realized how similar my life has been to that story.  

Considering everything,  I figure all of this is a divine test of some sort.
View Quote

I've thought about that.

But imagine this.  Imagine you were in a relationship with someone who treated you like that, and felt the need to "test" you constantly.   I think that would be considered abuse by nearly any definition of the word.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why don't you head on down to the cancer-wing of your local children's hospital and repeat that crap?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#41]
just had my 20th anniversary last week.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

We must be kin.

It's not that we have bad luck, it's that we use are good luck not dying.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't tie off after falling more than once? There's a word for that...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Says the guy who has never had a frozen piece of shit fall from an airplane and land on his head.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad luck would be the turd thawing out on the way down.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

dude, spell out what things have happened to you to make you think you had "bad luck".  for a lot of people finding the candy machine is out of their favorite candy is "bad luck"

let GD determine if you had "bad luck", not just say it and then having condolence heaped on you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Only the last eight years.

Long-term unemployment
Marriage implosion
Lost my house
Medical issues including nearly dying in June
Seemingly everything I try to do fails the first time, requiring a shitload of extra work to get done

Shall I continue?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why don't you head on down to the cancer-wing of your local children's hospital and repeat that crap?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why would I do that?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#48]
You know this commercial?

Honest.  To.  God.  My.    Luck.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#49]

My luck runs along the lines of "Geeze, you're lucky it wasn't worse".
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Only the last eight years.

Long-term unemployment
Marriage implosion
Lost my house
Medical issues including nearly dying in June
Seemingly everything I try to do fails the first time, requiring a shitload of extra work to get done

Shall I continue?
View Quote

yes, continue
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top