Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:38:42 PM EDT
It sure seems like a MAJOR uprising all over the planet over a cartoon!!!
How far will this go???
45 dead last I read, riots & fires all over the world.... Is this SHIF time close???? do you think it will come to the US????? They can burn our flag & stuffed Images of our president but one cartoon drawing starts all this!!!!
Discuss please....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 6:40:56 PM EDT by Da_Bunny]
We can always re-issue Sgt Rock and Sgt Fury comics to defeat the forces of evil.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:42:12 PM EDT

While it really only IS a minority of Islam (often organized, and not spontaneous at all - like this entire engineered "outrage") that is demonstrating and being violent, the fact that such a reaction was even possible over something as trivial as these editorical cartoons illustrates how inevitable the violence from the extremist ranks of Islam is.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:42:56 PM EDT
No, it's begun over the LED sign.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:53:15 PM EDT
It is being selectivly provoked. Somewhere I read that the cartoons were published in a Egyptian paper, But surprize, surprize surprize, no one was offended.
Read "The politically incorrect guide to Islam' if you can. This goes into the history of islamic imperialism. A very good read.

I am just starting "Militant Tricks, Battlefield Ruses of the Islamic Insurgent" ISBN 0-9638695-8-2. It goes into the insurgents methods wich puts them in 4th generation warfare ie: fighting in the areas of politics, media, religion, psycology, economics and infrastructure. If you really want to understand why they are doing what they are doing in todays Afghanistan and Iraq, this is a must read. I'm only just started it but I wish I had got it when it first came out in Oct 2005.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:54:02 PM EDT
I was thinking about this exact question as I was cleaning 3 handguns and a rifle a few hours ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:56:17 PM EDT
I continue to think that Islam is not a religion, but rather a totalitarian socio-political system masquerading as a religion so that any opposition to it can be made to seem bigoted.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:58:08 PM EDT
WWIII began awhile ago.

We just weren't paying attention.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:58:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
I continue to think that Islam is not a religion, but rather a totalitarian socio-political system masquerading as a religion so that any opposition to it can be made to seem bigoted.

I think you are on to something there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:01:13 PM EDT
WW-III ended when the wall came down. This is WW-IV.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:02:25 PM EDT

+ 1,000,000 on that one
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:04:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
While it really only IS a minority of Islam (often organized, and not spontaneous at all - like this entire engineered "outrage") that is demonstrating and being violent, the fact that such a reaction was even possible over something as trivial as these editorical cartoons illustrates how inevitable the violence from the extremist ranks of Islam is.

Then why don't the peace loving masses stand up and counter protest? Why don't they rise up and say "look these people protesting over cartoons are animals"? Why don’t we hear their voice say anything other than "Islam is a religion of peace." I want them to really take a stand. Maybe they shouldn’t have to but they need to prove who they are to the world.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:05:14 PM EDT

I have to agree....its more of a social structure than a religion...at least by my standards.
It will be the origin of the apocalypse...I have no doubt of this.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:06:36 PM EDT
Next time we see a group burn our flag should we BURN DOWN their embasy & start killing (be-heading) the immigrants & workers from that country....... Like they do???
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:07:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ardenner:

Then why don't the peace loving masses stand up and counter protest? Why don't they rise up and say "look these people protesting over cartoons are animals"? Why don’t we hear their voice say anything other than "Islam is a religion of peace." I want them to really take a stand. Maybe they shouldn’t have to but they need to prove who they are to the world.

Some are speaking out and they are being beaten and/or killed.

Radical Islam is doing what the Nazi party did to quell opposition
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:09:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Originally Posted By Ardenner:

Some are speaking out and they are being beaten and/or killed.

Radical Islam is doing what the Nazi party did to quell opposition

Well, I really mean the ones in the US and Europe.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 7:11:54 PM EDT by JWCswm]

I have the exact same question?????
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:10:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By macro:

I'm afraid you're right....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:12:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JWCswm:

I have the exact sdame question?????

Dude, I e-mailed them........
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:30:03 PM EDT
I'm just surprised that a CARTOON can start all this..... I'm ready, just surprised a CARTOON is going to start it!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:30:08 PM EDT
Not WW4, but the beginning of the end of many Islamic countries. They can either decide to go secular like Turkey or descend into internecine warfare until a strong man emerges.

Hitler and Mussolini rose to power in similar situations, both Germany and Italy sunk into non-functional chaos, a party and leader rises to the top and kills off the opposition. Actually it's very similar to the rise of the Commies in Russia and China also. Non-functional government, etc.

We (includes the Western and Asian world.) need to have the balls to keep the violence from getting out side their borders. You live here you follow our rules, you don't like it leave. Learn from how the Israelis , Russians, Chinese are controlling radical Islam. Learn how Europe is controlling or failing to control it. France is fighting the fight now, assimilation didn't work and now they have the uprisings. Italy has had problems.

We have the problems of integrating the basic freedom foundations of our countries with the need to rein in certain religous groups. But eliminate international travel from certain countries, etc. Control all the borders, etc.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:39:39 PM EDT
Accept Islam for what it is, a vehicle for Terrorism.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:42:23 PM EDT

WWIII began awhile ago.

I concur. Bombing of the Cole. Bombing of our embassies in two African nations. Bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon, etc. 9/11 was just the wake-up call.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:43:05 PM EDT

sig line material?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:48:08 PM EDT
Throughout my service in the IDF, I was face-to-face with radical islam and not-so radical islam. It really is a hard thing to explain. The muslims are a people who have perfected the "martyr" role. They do their best to put on a tired/beaten/"we didn't do anything to deserve this" face to the west and generate a lot of sympathy from super liberals on the west coast of the US who's only experience with a muslim is talking to the guy at the dry cleaners. They feel that they can do whatever they want to each other or non-muslims because it says so in the koran and then can't take the heat when it is brought back on them.

Modern muslims are poor warriors. In fact, "warrior" doesn't even apply to them. The fanatics use a false bravery enhanced by drugs (more often than not). They run their religion/socio-political regimes through fear and hatred and by keeping the populus uneduacated. In this way, much of islam can be paralleled with the inner city ghettos of the US. Uneducated people are more likely to be poor, angry/spiteful of others and easily lead when an ideology is placed in front of them by a manipulative master. Gangs in the US are made up of dumb-as-rocks people who fall instep behind a color or hand gesture, just looking for someone to disrespect what they believe in because they feel so insecure that they must lash out in violence. So, too, is the muslim religion.

Yes, there are many muslims who are not rioting and acting like a bunch of apes who want to get their entire religion wiped off the face of this earth faster than you can say "Dirka Dirkastan." However, they are not standing up for the peaceful muslims. The reason is; they are living vicariously through their violent brethren. They might not fall in step with these thugs, but they do not condemn the behavior either. Given the choice, most of these moderate muslims would most likely side with the radicals.

Like I said before, islam has perfected the sympathy role. They feel that they can do whatever they want to those not of the same faith, but feel wronged when there is retaliation. It is impossible to reason with people like this just as it is impossible to reason with a 2-year-old. Now, I am Jewish. If the muslims want to talk about persecution; they just need to open a history book (which their totalitarian governments usually do not allow) and they will see that my people have probably been persecuted more than any other people since the dawn of time. Yet we don't go out in lynch mobs trying to burn down embassies when we see the Israeli flag being burned by palestinians (a flag, which contains the holy symbol of the Jewish religion!). We understand that the desicration of these symbols does not erode us.

My people have very strong feelings about genocide. We know what it is like to be systematically mudered. We will not attempt to inflict this on any other peoples. It is sad, though, that the muslims have chosen to force the rest of the world's hand.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:50:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lord_Grey_Boots:
I was thinking about this exact question as I was cleaning 3 handguns and a rifle a few hours ago.

Strange, a few hours ago I was thinking who would believe a world war (III or IV depending on your viewpoint) would be started by Denmark with a cartoon!

DK-Prof - while I agree with you that it is a minority stirring things up, the problem is that like communism, the teachings of Islam are to spread the word by the sword (literally or figuratively). IOW, the goal is for everyone to be converted or eliminated, same as communism. But communists aren't ready to die like jihadists, which makes the latter even more dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:20:45 PM EDT

WWIII began awhile ago.

Agreed-+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:33:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By copenhagen:

WWIII began awhile ago.

Agreed-+1

Agreed +2.

I think it started with the USS Cole.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:04:53 AM EDT
This seems to be snowballing pretty quick... Now the Muslims have attacked A U.S. Embassy!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT

WWIII began awhile ago.

+1 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:46:18 AM EDT

What happened?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:51:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TravisM1:

WWIII began awhile ago.

Agreed-+1

Agreed +2.

What about the 1993 WTC bombing?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:00:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TravisM1:

WWIII began awhile ago.

Agreed-+1

Agreed +2.

hate to say this.. but you weren't paying attention (perhaps before your time?) and neither was carter.. the iranian hostage takeover and 444 days of americans-like-deer-caught-in-the-headlights was the watershed event that showed the islamic world we could be cowed...

but this isn't wwIII.. yet.

winter is coming..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 12:14:53 PM EDT by st0newall]

Originally Posted By clasky:
Throughout my service in the IDF, I was face-to-face with radical islam and not-so radical islam. It really is a hard thing to explain. The muslims are a people who have perfected the "martyr" role. They do their best to put on a tired/beaten/"we didn't do anything to deserve this" face to the west and generate a lot of sympathy from super liberals on the west coast of the US who's only experience with a muslim is talking to the guy at the dry cleaners. They feel that they can do whatever they want to each other or non-muslims because it says so in the koran and then can't take the heat when it is brought back on them.

Modern muslims are poor warriors. In fact, "warrior" doesn't even apply to them. The fanatics use a false bravery enhanced by drugs (more often than not). They run their religion/socio-political regimes through fear and hatred and by keeping the populus uneduacated. In this way, much of islam can be paralleled with the inner city ghettos of the US. Uneducated people are more likely to be poor, angry/spiteful of others and easily lead when an ideology is placed in front of them by a manipulative master. Gangs in the US are made up of dumb-as-rocks people who fall instep behind a color or hand gesture, just looking for someone to disrespect what they believe in because they feel so insecure that they must lash out in violence. So, too, is the muslim religion.

there is a great deal of truth in this analysis.. compare wats riots of the 60s (burn baby burn, move over i will move over onto you) rodney king and in some ways NOLA...

the mindset and actions are so similar its amazing. but islam as a religion that tolerates and extolls violence is an ingredient added ot the mix that takes the attitude to a whole new plane...

indeed .. why do the heathen (savages) rage?..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:10:06 PM EDT

Not according to scripture.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:23:40 PM EDT
Meanwhile, as a people the Islamics put guns and bombs in the hands of their children and teach them to hate us. We on the other hand, teach our children that guns are bad and people who try to kill you are just misunderstood and all they really need is a big hug, some understanding, and lots of American dollars.

There will come a time when appeasement and dollars just won't be enough to keep the violence in check.

When the clash of cultures turns to war, guess who's children will be better prepared to deal with it?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:26:56 PM EDT
Mabey we should stop playing nice & start sending them home by the shiploads
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:28:04 PM EDT
Years from now Historians will call WWIII the Funny War. Its primary cause being a lack of a sense of humor in the Muslim Community.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:34:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 3rdpig:
Meanwhile, as a people the Islamics put guns and bombs in the hands of their children and teach them to hate us. We on the other hand, teach our children that guns are bad and people who try to kill you are just misunderstood and all they really need is a big hug, some understanding, and lots of American dollars.

There will come a time when appeasement and dollars just won't be enough to keep the violence in check.

When the clash of cultures turns to war, guess who's children will be better prepared to deal with it?

pacifism and isolationism have always been part of american culture and politics. review amercian politics prior to wwi and the state of the american armed forces during the depression just before wwII.

as to whose chillin will be better prepared, i would have to say ours since in the end we tend to approach things in logical and scientific ways and once rilled up even the most pacific amongst us tends to be pretty good in war.

the various third-worlders on the the other hand are very good at blowing themselves up and getting themselves killed in large numbers.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:38:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By st0newall:

there is a great deal of truth in this analysis.. compare wats riots of the 60s (burn baby burn, move over i will move over onto you) rodney king and in some ways NOLA...

the mindset and actions are so similar its amazing. but islam as a religion that tolerates and extolls violence is an ingredient added ot the mix that takes the attitude to a whole new plane...

+1
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 12:51:41 PM EDT by clement]
If you think the handful of people killed over a cartoon is significant just wait until Iran gets nukes, if you think Kim Jong Ill is a pretty dangerous guy to have nukes, Iranian clarics have already issued fatwahs permitting the USE of nuclear weapons. A hell of a lot of people ARE going to die, and the rest of the world is too chickenshit to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:56:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 4v50:

WWIII began awhile ago.

I concur. Bombing of the Cole. Bombing of our embassies in two African nations. Bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon, etc. 9/11 was just the wake-up call.

Unfortunately, the majority of the country (not all) have hit the snooze alarm.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:58:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 1:05:55 PM EDT by Rich_V]
Tomorrows history

In the 1930s the Nazi party hijacked Germany and many Germans were either openly in approval or silently agreed with them. Some spoke out against this radical group but they were few and easily silenced. In 1945 Germany and its people were in total ruin and over 20 million had died world wide all because a minority of Germans were Nazis and the majority were either silently in agreement or to fearful to stop them.

In 2006 the radical Moslems hijacked a religion and many Moslems are either openly in approval or silently agree with them. Some spoke out against the radicals but they were few and easily silenced. In 20?? the Moslem religion and its followers are in total ruin and over ?? million will have died world wide all because a minority of Moslems were radicals and the majority were either silently in agreement or to fearful to stop them.

Silence does kill.

Rich V
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:46:05 PM EDT

Yes, there are many muslims who are not rioting and acting like a bunch of apes who want to get their entire religion wiped off the face of this earth faster than you can say "Dirka Dirkastan." However, they are not standing up for the peaceful muslims. The reason is; they are living vicariously through their violent brethren. They might not fall in step with these thugs, but they do not condemn the behavior either. Given the choice, most of these moderate muslims would most likely side with the radicals.

Like I said before, islam has perfected the sympathy role. They feel that they can do whatever they want to those not of the same faith, but feel wronged when there is retaliation. It is impossible to reason with people like this just as it is impossible to reason with a 2-year-old. Now, I am Jewish. If the muslims want to talk about persecution; they just need to open a history book (which their totalitarian governments usually do not allow) and they will see that my people have probably been persecuted more than any other people since the dawn of time. Yet we don't go out in lynch mobs trying to burn down embassies when we see the Israeli flag being burned by palestinians (a flag, which contains the holy symbol of the Jewish religion!). We understand that the desicration of these symbols does not erode us.

My people have very strong feelings about genocide. We know what it is like to be systematically mudered. We will not attempt to inflict this on any other peoples. It is sad, though, that the muslims have chosen to force the rest of the world's hand.

Tag. Extremely insightful / pregmatic evaluation.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:51:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:52:09 PM EDT
Anyone who still believes this is truly about the cartoons is a fool. The cartoons were just another convenient excuse. Anyone who believes that many in the western press are not complicit, even at their own peril, is also a fool. The Muslims will do anything for an excuse to lash out at the West. They will do anything except try to improve their lot in life by anything other than barbaric means. The press will do anything for a story. The marriage of the two has spread this thing nearly to the point of no return.

I was appalled to read in today's BBC story their descriptions of the events. The second paragraph states "several" people had been killed in the "protests" thus far. Yet in the very next paragraph they tell of at least 15 Christians dying when churches in Nigeria were burned in the last day alone. The press is out of control and no one can stop them. I never would guess that our very First Amendment would be the cornerstone of our contribution to armageddon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:56:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BenDover:

Not according to scripture.

Someone else's scripture is what's fanning the flames. If we fall back on God's book instead of the brain He gave us then we will fail.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:58:44 PM EDT
its all ok "BATMAN " is on it...................no worries lol
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:09:22 PM EDT
Truth be told, we are indeed in the opening days of World War 4.

As previously mentioned, WWIII ended with the collapse of the Berlin Wall.
But no shot were fired you say? Think again, and then thank the vets of Viet-Nam, Korea, Grenada, and many other nameless battle fields.

World War IV has seen it's beginning with a series of "hit and run" type attacks, The first major event of this type being the US Marine barracks bombing in Beirut, Lebanon.

Other attacks, such as the US Embassy Bombings in Afrika, the USS Cole, the WTC '93 bombing, PAN-AM 103 over Scotland, and many other events, some officially reported by governments as accidents or mishaps.

Make no mistake, however, that the events of September 2001 were a FORMAL declaration of war by the muslim world against the west.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:20:07 PM EDT

I am not even a religious man, but I also agree.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:29:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedAggie:
Anyone who still believes this is truly about the cartoons is a fool

I DO NOT beleive this started over a cartoon, but the press and media do and one day the History books WILL!!!
I really don't care what started it.... I'm more concerned that IT'S STARTED!!! and will Quickly snowball into a full time GLOBAL war!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top