Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/17/2016 1:17:23 AM EDT
I will admit I supported him strictly on his ability to beat Hillary.

I said he wasn't the president we want, but the asshole we need.

Son of a bitch! Since he was elected he has actually grown on me to the point where I think he is going to do a damned good job! His cabinet picks for the most part are excellent!

He seems better and better each day.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Sort of?  

He's grown a lot in my estimation since the election.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Aye.
The more the Left hates him, the better he seems.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:21:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sort of?  

He's grown a lot in my estimation since the election.
View Quote

Some of his flirting and nominations though,
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:22:28 AM EDT
[#4]
He was not my first or second or third pick, but I think we ended up with the best man for the job. No other Republican would have he spine to make decisions based solely on what is best for managing the country. The key being management, something this country has not had in decades, since all our "leaders" have been lawyers and ideologues. Great things could be around the corner!
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
He had me from "I'm running for President of the United States."
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:23:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quite the opposite, really.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#7]
No. I've always felt he would do a good job. Most people are just incapable of seeing the forest from the trees. Trump does what he has to do to win. If people weren't so gullible then he wouldn't have to act the way he does to stir the pot. Everyone who talked crap about him based on the rhetoric had the wool pulled down over their eyes. They took him at face value instead of understanding the person. That's where most people fail. They can't dig deeper than the surface.

Still, the real difference between most "conservatives" and leftists is that conservatives can learn from their their ignorance and wake up. Libtards cannot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
i love his cabinet picks and i think he can get shit done like none of the other repubs could have. that said, he needs to tone down the bragging at all these rallies. when the election's over stop campaigning so much.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:24:28 AM EDT
[#9]
He has, but my loins aren't going to froth until the swamp is drained, I get a tax cut, and some gun rights restored.  

Donald has some serious issues when it comes to global trade.  But I would accept them if he gets the above 3 things done first.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Jury is still out, for me.

But I like the way he's already doing things... First, because anything he does is getting the heavy negative filtration of the media, celebrities and dreamers. Second, I really don't recall a president-elect hitting the ground running quite so fast. Obama's days were over even though he still had two months to go!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#12]
not digging a few of his nominations.

But overall, I'm feeling more positive than negative
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quite the opposite, really.
View Quote

Me too, and will someone take his damn phone away.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#14]
For as often as he was called out as being the only Republican candidate who could lose to her, I actually think he was the only candidate who could win.  He was and is too far outside their experience to deal with him...that's why they really hate him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
not digging a few of his nominations.

But overall, I'm feeling more positive than negative
View Quote

That's where I am with him.  That being said it has always been his "special snowflake" supporters I've had the real issue with.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:37:04 AM EDT
[#16]
No.

I loved him from DAY ONE.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:40:01 AM EDT
[#17]
A year ago I thought Trump was a joke who wouldn't get more than 5% of the vote.

10 months ago I thought Trump was finished because he couldn't even win Iowa.

8 months ago I thought Trump would fade before the Republican convention.

6 months ago I thought there was no way he would beat Hillary.

4 months ago I began to realize this guy was a serious contender.

2 months ago I began to believe he could pull it off.

1 month ago I started drinking the Kool-Aid.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:44:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Me too, and will someone take his damn phone away.
View Quote

Maybe.

I've always maintained that outrageous behavior normalizes the end goal.  Open carrying AKs makes a ccw handgun seem reasonable to people that don't own guns.   Think about how the left always uses their fringe groups to push leftist ideals towards the middle of the political spectrum.  Pride parades with giant cock floats, 87 gender pronouns, etc.   Today the vast majority of people dont care about gay marriage or trannys.  But they care about 87 gender pronouns, bathrooms, and belligerent perversion.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes.

I was a Cruz guy but as soon as it looked like he wasn't going to make it I was going to vote for Trump because I didn't want Hilary.  As time went on I started to like him more and more.  By late summer I was all in and contributing money.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#20]
energy is going to boom under trump, Ive been buying energy stocks
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:53:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Started off a Cruz/Walker guy, ended up voting for Trump.

Like him more and more all the time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:55:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm right there with ya, OP.

However, I'm still fairly nervous and cautious, part of that due to the fact that I'm still a bit stunned that he actually pulled it off.

I truly hope Trump does great.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I just got home from the Orlando Trump Thank You Tour and I have to say I'm smitten !!! 

Trump is fantastic !!!! I have so much hope, after having hope ripped away the last 8 years it's unreal.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Trump is exactly what this country needs
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:09:29 AM EDT
[#25]
He wasn't my first pick, but I voted for him. If he does half the stuff he says he's going to do it'll be great. To answer the question, yes, he's growing on me. I'll feel even better with some great SCOTUS appointments and tough border enforcement.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Meh.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:10:57 AM EDT
[#27]
My intellect said that Trump was bad bet. He was going to loose because he was a big loudmouth who kept doing stupid things and couldn't stay off of Twitter. I wanted someone with detailed plans on how he was going to build the wall, renegotiate NAFTA and tear up the Iran deal...etc. I wanted a Ted Cruz-ish (although not Ted Cruz) kind of guy.

My emotions were like 'FUCK YEAH! WOO! THIS GUY IS TELLING IT LIKE IT IS! YEAH! U-S-A! WOO! FUCK THEM CHINESE! FUCK THEM MESSICANS! FUCK THEM A-RABS TOO! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! PRAISE KEK MOTHER FUCKER!!! YEAH! WOOO!'

I voted against Hillary in my mind, and voted for Trump in my heart. 

And now, I see the genius of Trump. He inspires people to want to be great and he choses great people to surround him. His cabinet is all people who are best at the job that they've been chosen for. Who knows better how to rebuild the military than Mattis? Who knows better how to negotiate international deals than Tillerson? Who knows better how to fix the black community than Carson? Who knows better how to fix energy policy than Rick Perry? Trump doesn't know how to do any of this shit...but he doesn't have to. He picked the best people for each job, and he will clear the way with popular support for them to work out the details of getting shit done. And the people will get behind him. 

So, Yes, he's grown on me. 
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:11:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I supported Trump from the very beginning because he was the only one to talk about the real problems facing the country.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:15:51 AM EDT
[#29]
I like him more than the start.  I'm afraid for him though.  I'll just leave it at that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:15:56 AM EDT
[#30]
I supported him soon after hearing a few of his campaign speeches telling it like it is.  His stance has just continued to grow stronger.  Now if he can just follow through on those promises and being who he is I think he will succeed bigly!  
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:17:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I like him more than the start.  I'm afraid for him though.  I'll just leave it at that.
View Quote

I think the vast majority of us are.  He has made some very powerful enemies
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:23:43 AM EDT
[#32]
He grew on me last January as a candidate when I started researching him and actually spent time looking into things he really said versus lies that were posted here.  If you had actually paid attention and watched his rallies, watched his body language, and saw how much energy that 70 year old man who is rich enough to buy anything he wants or do whatever he wants put in on the campaign trailer to suffer insults from everyone; that right there would have shown you what you are seeing now.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:31:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Jury is still out, for me.

But I like the way he's already doing things... First, because anything he does is getting the heavy negative filtration of the media, celebrities and dreamers. Second, I really don't recall a president-elect hitting the ground running quite so fast. Obama's days were over even though he still had two months to go!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I voted against Hillary, but I'm becoming more comfortable with the idea that I voted for Donald with each passing day.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Unfortunately he seems like he is still campaigning.   A lot of the " I'm going to do so much you won't believe it"  and it sounds shallow and without substance.

I have hopes he can accomplish some of what he is saying, but i think he's going to find himself hamstrung by reality.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I supported Trump from the very beginning because he was the only one to talk about the real problems facing the country.
View Quote

this right fucking here
I wanted along time for someone to approach issues like illegal immigration and say it like it is, no sugar coating
that initial comment regarding illegal immigrants, I was 100% sold
he had the BALLS to say what mattered, what the rest of us were thinking, as someone who competes directly with illegals for employment, suffers diminished wages from them and understands that I PAY for their fucking children to go to school and welfare they shouldn't be collecting, trump train 100% at that fucking moment
but at the time I was confused if he could pull it off, he did

before the election I barely knew who he was, now I damn near idolize the guy
MAGA baby
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:38:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Supreme Court

That's the only reason.

Every thing else is a bonus.

Maga or die. Just give the supreme and nothing else. I'll consider it a victory.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:41:29 AM EDT
[#38]
My dad is a big fan. My mother was as well.

FHRC

and FBHO.

I hope that this country gets set back on the right track.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:43:55 AM EDT
[#39]
He is the God Emperor
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Yep.

I've thought he was a douche since before the Apprentice. It took a really long time for me to change that view.

I still think he's very flawed, but everyone is. If he fucks up I won't make excuses for him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I was and am a Cruz supporter. And like OP my vote was more anyone but FHRC.

But yes, Trump is saying the right things, nominating mostly the right people.

And his constant trolling of the alt.left is glorious!

I still don't think he'll do 87% of the things he's said, but maybe. Just maybe he'll at least try.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:51:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I supported and still support Cruz.

I said, repeatedly, that I felt the GOP would be wise to replace Trump at the Convention and nominate a candidate who would win.

I loathed the fact that Trump didn't build a ground game (that I could see), that he was not raising money, and that he was not running ads.

He was saying the right things but had enough red flags and issues in his past that made me question the man.   He wasn't Hillary so I was going to vote for him but I was going to have to get shit faced to do so (gave up drinking long ago).

I voted for Trump and took others with me to do so not just because he wasn't Hillary but because of what I saw in him.

Has anyone noticed that Trump likes to steal stuff?   He stole FDR's "forgotten man" language.   He stole Obama's "Hope and Change."   He stole Bill Clinton's "It's the economy STUPID!"

These thank you rallies?  Do you know what these are?   These are his version of FDR's fireside chats.   I bet you Trump will continue to do something like this to reach the average American throughout his term.

Trump learned all the right lessons and he is far more intelligent than he first appears.

Never in my life have I been so happy to be wrong.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:51:58 AM EDT
[#43]
I've liked home the whole time but he dumbed it down a little too much for my tastes.

But the way he's deftly navigated this firestorm he's unleashed unscathed while only hurting his enemies has truly been a sight to behold.

He's what we need in Washington a businessman who keeps it real.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:58:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Meh.
View Quote
Did he grab your pussy?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:02:17 AM EDT
[#45]
I hope he can make Reagan look like Obama by comparison!  Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I said he wasn't the president we want, but the asshole we need.
View Quote

Been saying for a while that he's not the president I wanted, but he might be the president we need.

I still don't like how vague he is about actual policies, but I've gotta admit that he has more balls than the entire rest of the Republican party put together for probably the last 20 years or so. Waiting to see what his administration actually does, but he's done a hell of a job already just by proving that you don't have to kowtow to the radical Left and their ridiculous identity politics obsession to get elected.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#47]
How he deals with Congress and getting things through that swamp will be a big part of how I look at his presidency. He needs to follow through on the 2A.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How he deals with Congress and getting things through that swamp will be a big part of how I look at his presidency. He needs to follow through on the 2A.
View Quote

SCOTUS, 2A, immigration, FBHOcare, trade, those are how I will judge him.

I have my hopes. We will see.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A year ago I thought Trump was a joke who wouldn't get more than 5% of the vote.

10 months ago I thought Trump was finished because he couldn't even win Iowa.

8 months ago I thought Trump would fade before the Republican convention.

6 months ago I thought there was no way he would beat Hillary.

4 months ago I began to realize this guy was a serious contender.

2 months ago I began to believe he could pull it off.

1 month ago I started drinking the Kool-Aid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:56:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did he grab your pussy?
View Quote

She's very pro-choice. Trump is pro-life. She doesn't want him to take away her right to kill an innocent human being due to being irresponsible. At least she gets to keep her gun rights though. Bigeasy doesn't have to worry. I doubt Roe v. Wade will be over turned.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top