Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 4:23:55 AM EDT
I am wondering. This is preaching to the choir-  but if this guy has been virtually invisible as far as any distinguishing accomplishments in 2 decades of service - what makes him presidential material now?

Do you promote the 20 year middle -management "Yes" man to CEO?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:24:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, he married rich.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Edwards' record is even more un-inspiring.  The people of North Carolina should be pissed off because all this guy did was bs his way into the Senate and one term later he is running for President and gets the VP nomination.  The only nice thing I can say about him is at least he has the good sense not to run for the Senate concurrently like that fool Lieberman did.  

Sadly, the people of NC seem to really like Edwards even though no one can name a single one of his accomplishments.  They just love that he is from "humble beginnings" which, as it turns out, is also pretty much untrue.  I guess for DC, "humble" equates to merely "upper middle class."  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:35:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Does being named the most liberal Senator in Washington count?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#4]
He carries the distinction of being the only current senator from Massachusetts who has not drowned anyone in his car.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]
The main accomplishments flipper has made in the Senate in the last 20 years is to make sure that all our Vietnam POW's and Mia's have died or been killed of at the hands of his comrades.That and to "open up"Vietnam for his family's investment brokers.The pukeshitstain.

These and being a "Naval Hero" and a V.V.A.W. are all he has.Aside from marrying money.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:42:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He carries the distinction of being the only current senator from Massachusetts who has not drowned anyone in his car.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:54:44 AM EDT
[#8]
He voted to ban guns and raise taxes a bunch of times, does that count?  He also voted against liberating Kuwait from Sadaam.  I would not call him a smart man.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:22:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah like GunLvrPHD said He did help to fuck up the 2nd Amendment!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top