Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2002 5:09:16 PM EDT
[url=]www.democraticunderground.com[/url]

Check out the forums, something aint right there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That is funny!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool Man
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I am undercover there, and trying to log on, but I can't.  Either they banned me within the last few days, or the hack has really f'd up their system.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#4]
HAHAHA Clean Slate[:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Same here, i was going over to watch KBaker argue with the gun grabbers and I thought i was banned already.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
WAAAY TOOOO FUNNY!

From DU BEFORE they clean up...

[b]
Are the forums disappearing one by one?
Discussion started at 08:51 PM May-10-02 by WilliamPitt[/b]

Just like a liberal, they don't even realize they are getting their asses kicked.

Nice Hacker Note:
We r00ted y0 aR53s m0fuckahZ

Goddamn....Now that was some fun shit....maybe you dudes need to look into tighter security on the webserver your running....Apache isnt it?....
Next time you wanna start some shit with someone...make sure you know what your getting yourself into!
TaGGed By Proxykillah
CIAO

Seems like these boys cleaned house over there LITERALLY. The forums are just GONE.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Equal Time with Bob Boudelang
May 10, 2002 · At Last We Have An Attorney General Who Stands For Guns and Not Silly Laws!!

YAY!

ProxyKillah, you know it's not nice to hack boxes, now don't you?[;D]

Wahahahahahaha!

Oh, God! I love it! Smackdown, DU! [:D]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok Juggy where were YOU between the 5 and 9pm?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Now it won't even load the main page.

eXXXcellent!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]
here is what the hacker put up before they yanked/crashed the whole sight

[i]censorship...a rant

U know what, u people here need to learn to play nice----I dont care if ur liberal, conservative or green---banning people because u dont like their politics is a no-no, and if u continue this practice of banning people that u dont like...then we will continue to hack ur server and take ur board away from u till u learn to play nice---K?

Elad or whatever the hell ur name is ur an idiot!!! - there is no such thing as "unhackable" - if u patch ur server then we hack ur board - its much easy to play nice and allow all people to post---K?

also who is skinner??-ive read some of skinners private mails and is lying to u people - it's actually not the "greens" on the board that he wants gone - but u democrats - the only reason he tolerates u dems is that u donate more money to his board than greens do - so he taking ur money to advance his green/naderite agenda-if u all read the private mails that I was able to read - I guarantee ur perception of "skinner" and board would be 180 degrees different - wake up SHEEP, UR BEING USED!!!

u do with skinner what u like...he is using u though, but if we find out u are still banning people u don't like - then we take ur board away again and do real damage-K?[/i]

Sounds like they they ticked off somebody, then made the unhackable claim, OOPS
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Can you say "Freedom Fighter?"

I love this guy. Way to "out" the subversive agenda.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#14]
that brought a tear to my eye...
wish I had a screen shot of that ,,, It would be framed....

edited to add......

Im sure someone got it... like the guy said[b]  PLAY NICE [/b] and forward to to me.... no better yet post it on the AR15.COM photo albums....
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#15]
They're trying to deny it. It's back up
now.

[b]
ATTENTION: As a lot of you are probably aware, we had an incident tonight. Forums disappeared and a message appeared with someone claiming to have 'hacked' DU's server.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS NEXT PART:
HE IS LYING. IT IS NOT TRUE.

The perpetrator succeeded in doing nothing but exploiting a loophole in our forum software which enabled him to create the desired effects on the forums. He never gained access to our server. This means, in a nutshell, that this is no big deal and the perpetrator will be dealt with, since all evidence is in tact.

I REPEAT: THIS IS NO BIG DEAL - OUR SERVER IS FINE AND WAS NEVER COMPROMISED. THE PERPETRATOR IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL.

The forums will remain closed at least until Saturday, probably longer, while I plug the hole and investigate the incident.

Please do not spam us with email. All updates will be posted here as they come.[/b]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like a dare...
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok Juggy where were YOU between the 5 and 9pm?
View Quote

I know Nutzzing![:D]

I plead Ye Grande Olde Fifth![:)]

and unfortunately, I did not deliver the bushwhackery to DU, though I wish I had...If I had would I tell you though?[;)]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I have seen what determined hackers can do.  If the hacker is any good at all, the DU will not be able to trace him.  BTW: most people that call themselves hackers are really idiots.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]
You know there is a software program that will track what site your coming from.... This was used on me by another site...This maybe why so many people are banned before ever signing up...
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#21]
The DU must be thinking...

"Why we better contact the FBI, the IBF, the state department, big government, and Al Gore."
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#22]
The site does make for some interesting reading [smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top