Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 7:58:18 PM EST
If so what should we do about it??
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:59:29 PM EST
No - I think most people recognize FOX news for what it is.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:59:33 PM EST
Yes...Change the channel
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:00:30 PM EST
DOnt mess with the biased ones that you dont care for.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:00:34 PM EST
Kill your television.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:00:47 PM EST
The internet has ended the news dictatorship the big networks once had. Now people can look at news that suits their own agenda instead of some network bigwhigs agenda.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:00:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By ar50troll:
Yes...Change the channel

to what other channel they are all Biased
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:01:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:

Yes...Change the channel

To the OFF channel
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:02:41 PM EST

Yes...Change the channel

To the OFF channel

what channel is that?? JK but the spew that is getting thrown out there nowdays is really starting to piss me off
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:02:51 PM EST
Let them prattle.

Anyone that depends on broadcast "news" in this day and age as their only source of information is a terminal sheeple and unlikely to be swayed by other voices.

There's an "OFF" switch and many channels on TV for a reason... USE THEM!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:04:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 8:04:59 PM EST by ar50troll]

Yes...Change the channel

To the OFF channel

what channel is that?? JK but the spew that is getting thrown out there nowdays is really starting to piss me off

I agree. It a shame because I really do like current events. But you got to run everything through your bullshit filter first these days.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:07:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By WI_Rifleman:
The internet has ended the news dictatorship the big networks once had. Now people can look at news that suits their own agenda instead of some network bigwhigs agenda.

This is the truth. And not only for agenda based news.

How fast was that AP story about people booing Bush's "Pray for Clinton" statement debunked? 15 minutes?

I mean, why ask CNN about Iraq (hint: Their reporters don't leave the Green Zone, and their station head is on his FIRST overseas assignment after doing fluff human interest shit) when I can read, online, what's going on from Iraqis and soldiers right there on the ground.

I get most of my Iraq, Politics, War on Terror news from Command-Post.

Mass media has seriously underestimated the "information superhighway". They bullshit us, we know. Fast.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:09:05 PM EST
Personally, I hate an TV show/movie that try to preach something to me, whether is guns, AIDS, etc. I just can't stand them advertising their beliefs disquiesed entertainment. Some of those shows are pretty blatant about and show no restraint what they are trying to pass along to their audience, kinda of a little brain washing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:12:49 PM EST
The internet has made it alot easier for people to get more sources for news, without alot of the bias. Theres about 3 major news networks, run out of choices there fast, easy to find another internet site or 20.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:17:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Kill your television.

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:07:33 AM EST
Yes, this is the most-biased I have ever seen them. There is a reason I don't watch broadcast TV or get a newspaper anymore. Don't they realize their bias is wrecking their business?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:17:47 AM EST
Most of the "media"are simply the "House organ"of the American Communist Party,aka the DU,aka the dimokratic party.What is so surprising.The kommies allways go for control of the media first.It makes spreading the "New truth" soooooo much easier and many people do not know what to think until they are given thought instructions by their masters.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:41:59 AM EST

If so what should we do about it??

Realize that objectivity as an ideal is dead. At least in the eyes of (most of) the news media. My view is that the Left fired the first shots in politicizing the media, and the Right has had to relucatantly respond, or get steamrolled. It's likely to get even more partisan, soon.

Examine all sides, learn to detect BS, and pay more attention to (local) news that you can more easily observe first-hand. It takes time and effort, but it's probably all you can do.
Top Top