Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 6:32:36 PM EDT
I believe both are similarly priced, I'm interested in (a couple of) 6-9 swivel versions.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
because i used harris on my rifle in iraq and it held up. thats good enough for me
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
THANK YOU!
You have a see results option!

I get really tired of having to vote in a poll to see ther results, and potentially skew the poll.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The ones sold at WalMart seem to be exact copies of the Harris. I have both a Harris and a WalMart bipod and the only difference is the price.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The ones sold at WalMart seem to be exact copies of the Harris. I have both a Harris and a WalMart bipod and the only difference is the price.

You got lucky! Mine shot loose all the time, It was a piece of crap! I prefer my Harris to it any day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
THANK YOU!
You have a see results option!

I get really tired of having to vote in a poll to see ther results, and potentially skew the poll.

You can just hit vote on any poll to see results don't even need to vote.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Only ever used Harris...but have no complaints...guess I'm biased
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Harris, in my opinion, without question.  Here is why, comparing a Harris S-LM 9"-13" vs. a Versapod 9"-12"

Weight:  Winner is Harris.  14 oz versus 30 oz.  The VP weighs a whole pound more!
Stability:  Winner is Harris.  Maybe the VP I checked out was bad, but it was real loose, and almost impossible to hold in a steady position.  Get a Harris swivel model and a Pod-Loc and you are ready to go.  It doesn't have a transverse capability, which would be nice.
Compactness:  Winner is Harris.  It folds up much tighter to the firearm than the VP, which looks like a big wart hanging off the front.
Structural:  Winner is Harris (completely subjective.)  It just feels like it is made better to me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
In my own personal experience Harris is by far the best.  Also, I have yet to see any professional sniper/marksman using anything other than a Harris.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top