Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 7:47:20 PM EDT
Need advice as to which of these two is the better. Harris has name brand recognition for quality. But I can't remember hearing any negatives about the Versapod. Plus Versapod is a bit cheaper (yeah...). Opinions? I'm fixing to order one or the other shortly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Harris.  Anything else would be...uncivilized.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've the series 'S' Model BRM on my Remington 700 and wouldn't recommend any other. Harris all the way!

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd get both. I use the Versa on my AR's and the Harris on bolt actions. The Harris offers a lot more stability, I think.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Harris is the only way to go, the swivel model
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd get both. I use the Versa on my AR's and the Harris on bolt actions. The Harris offers a lot more stability, I think.
View Quote

By your logic would it not be wise to use a Harris on your Ar-15 as well.

BTW, I use a Harris coupled with a Badger Arms free-float tube.

Alex
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
.... Harris, hands down
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 3:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The Versipod is made in Communist China, and as such, should be beneath the notice of those who would rather not support slave labor, among other things.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:16:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Versipod is made in Communist China...
View Quote

I was going to ask if anyone had any critiques of the Versapod until I saw this. Harris it is!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Harris.  Hated my VersaPod, very unstable.  Sold it to an officer with the Dallas PD.  Go figure.

shooter [sniper]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I LOVE the harris on my 700.

Getting the picture yet?

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#11]
The Harris bipod is lighter than the Vesra-pod.  The Versa-pod is a copy of the Parker-Hale bipod.  I may add that it is not a good copy at all.  You could get the Parker-Hale model unless you want to pay 2x more than a Harris.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

By your logic would it not be wise to use a Harris on your Ar-15 as well.

BTW, I use a Harris coupled with a Badger Arms free-float tube.

If I were shooting what you're shooting, I would use the Harris too. But I like the fact that I can take whatever AR I want out of the safe and swap over the bipod right then and there w/ the Versa. For a plain jane rifle they work just fine.

Alex
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Harris, no question.  I have two and love them.  One for shooting bench and prone and the other more for field use to get up over brush.  They are awesome.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I LOVE the harris on my 700.

Getting the picture yet?

Nuckles.   [smash]
View Quote

Yep. Real quick, do I need an adaptor for the 700 or will the Harris fit it without one?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Harris...  I didn't know there was another brand of bipod out there... humm.  Did I mention Harris is a good choice?

Ok, have a Harris... Err, I mean great day.

Harris

I mean WG.

PS. Get a Harris, they're the best out there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine mounts onto the eye where the sling adapter would normally go.  As far as the sling, the harris has a sling mount on it.  If you are going to be taking the bi-pod on and off alot, you might consider seperate mounts on the rifle for the sling and bi-pod.

Nuckles.  [smash]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the replies. A Harris swivel model is on the way. This being my first bipod, I'm glad I asked.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Go with the harris. The Versa-pod is a cheap copy of the Parker-Hale. Its main problem is that is has poor mettalurgy and the legs will break...its just a matter of time and stress.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#19]
What about the Parker-Hale? Anyone got one? I've got a Harris on my 700 Police, but is the P-H better? Thanks. Jason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top