Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2001 10:59:42 AM EDT
That's what the prez sayz.  What does everyone here think?

Yes 49% => 6003 votes

No 41% => 4858 votes

Not sure 10% => 1273 votes
Current vote tally: 12134

[url]http://news.excite.com/news/poll/[/url]

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Russia is not our enemy.
USSR, carefully conceiled under the clothing of Russia, is our enemy.

[i]Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
       Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
       O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
       To Communism's triumph lead us on![/i]

[:D]
Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Nobody likes Americans.  

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit....  it's the only way to be sure."
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Russia is still our enemy.  They just know that they can't beat us on their own, that's why they team up with China on things like opposing Bush's missile defense program.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
HELL YES they still are our enemy!!! WTF are people thinking? As long as they are suppling communist and other anti-American countries with weapons and training, THEY ARE OUR ENEMY!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#5]
russia is our ALLY, therefore NOT our enemy.

BUT, i would keep an eye on them, their "balance of power" maneuvering is highly suspect at times.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#7]
In my simple mind, this is how i figure it:
we (the USA)and them(the USSR/CIS/Russia or
whatever they decide to call themselves) were
pointing guns at each other, waiting for each
other to shoot, undermining each others policies, etc.  Basically, each wanting to kill the other for almost 50 years.  Then, one day,
they decide to become our best buddy.  I don't
think so.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Done.

Do you agree with President Bush that Russia is no longer an enemy of the United States?

Yes 48% => 14988 votes
No 41% => 12872 votes
Not sure 11% => 3420 votes

Current vote tally: 31280

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't like calling people names. But are these people voting, they are our friends, retards? The failure of the Soviet Union wasn't because they wanted to be friendly. [spank]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I miss the cold war. There was never any doubt as to who the bad guys were. We had good slogans too. Remember "Kill a commie for Mommy?"
I love that one.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually- we in the U.S. owe the Soviets alot seeing as they did most of the fightin' and dyin' in WW2. We'd all probably be driving Volkswagens instead of SUVs if the Soviets hadn't kicked the German's butts. They lost 10 million dead and 15 million wounded destroying the Wehrmacht. If not for them the Germans would have won WW2. As far as today, with anticommunism gone as a "cause" the rich people who run things will have to find some other way to create mischief across the world to keep that ol' military-industrial ball rolling. The Soviets were never really our enemies, they just wanted an equivalent to our Monroe Doctrine in Europe so they wouldn't be invaded every 20 years. We were at least as much a cause of the Cold War as they were.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Rent the Brendan Fraser movie "Blast from the Past". The scene at the end where he is explaining to his dad (played by Christopher Walken) about the end of the cold war is hysterical. I think he's right on about it, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top