Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 5:32:52 PM EDT
While out riding today I meet a girl on a Triumph.  When I stoprd to talk to her I killed my engine but forgot to turn my key off so my headlight and other electrical stuff was still on. 45 minutes later my battery was dead.

Several HD riders and a BMW rider at the bar helped me.  We tried to push start it several times but no go.  Finally, the girl gave me a ride to a gas station so I could purchase jumper cables.  One of the HD guy jumped  me and I was on my way.

I was good to see folks riding different types of bikes helping out. Yes I did receive a ration of shit from all the HD riders but  I was glad they helped.  I guess I got some payback for giving  my friends that ride HD shit about there stuff always needing work.

BTW you can't push start my bike.  A Yamaha shop guy at the bar told us that if the computer doesn't get 12 volts the bike won't start.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the brotherhood of motorcyclist!

We help all riders (except maybe mopeds)!

The guy was right, if you have a computer on your bike, it won't start unless it has 12 volts (can be as low as 9-10 volts depending on the system). Sucks, don't it?

So next time you see another rider on the side of the road, return the favor!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you were able to get back on the road with a little help from you friends.

Last time we were sitting on the side of the road we got into a group participation act also.

My dumbass friend topped off his Harley with Diesel down at Daytona.  Luckily, we figured it out before he rode anywhere.  He has a diesel truck and I guess force of habit took over.

Some folks at the station went to a nearby Wally World and brought back a gas can and some hose and we drained the tank on the spot.

Can you guess what my buddies nick name is now? (Besides Dumbass)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top