Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 10:25:50 PM EDT
How many can you eat a day? I hear they are a great source of protein with no cholesterol and you can eat as many as you want a day. I have been eating them as a snack sometimes 9 a day. Is this OK?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
dunno but you might get fat :P
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the cholesterol is in the yolks.  They still have calories though, about a quarter what the whole egg would be (about 20 for a large egg).  Egg substitutes are mostly egg white with additives.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Other than being a little boring, they are a great source of protein.

Nobody can eat 50 eggs!

(Cool Hand Luke, in case you missed it)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as you're doing something to put the protein to good use.

if you're just using it to replenish your spum supply during a marathon spank-fest I'd venture to say it's a serious waste.

A friend of mine ate a ton of hard boiled eggs when he was in Bosnia.... when he came back they gave him a drug test because they thought he was on steroids.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn't cholesterol a precursor for testosterone though?  Dont you want to have a decent intake of it if you're lifting seriously?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Coolhand ate a bunch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top