Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2018 7:54:22 PM EDT
Linky

This thing looks interesting.  If you watch the video it's unbelievably quiet.  I would use it for filling up tires (truck and bike) and random little things compressed air is nice for.  I don't make my living with air so it'll just be a convenience item.  I have one of those God awful 3 gallon pieces of total dog shit and I hate it.  That one would get relegated to the shed for lawn mower tires.
What does ARF think of this thing?  The video says it has an aluminum tank so no rust.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like California air tools. I have a small one on a band saw at work. It has run at least 40 hours a week for approx 16 months before giving up the ghost.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe it is a California Air Tools product, or a copy. I have had one for a few years. Still going strong but do not use it every day. They are somewhat quieter than other compressors, but still loud enough.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe it is a California Air Tools product, or a copy. I have had one for a few years. Still going strong but do not use it every day. They are somewhat quieter than other compressors, but still loud enough.
View Quote
I can easily have a normal conversation while standing directly over ours while it is running
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope HF comes out with a higher tier air compressor, 30+CFM because I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the same though, California Air Tools, bought one as an occasional trim gun/tires. Works great, be sure to get the AL tanked model for longevity.

ETA: This one is almost identical for significantly less.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/California-Air-Tools-2-0-Gal-1-0-HP-Ultra-Quiet-and-Oil-Free-Aluminum-Tank-Air-Compressor-2010A/205910463

They have models that look the same as the HFT with a slightly smaller tank at HD but it'll be cheaper there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Chinese compressor with that same pump although mine has a much larger tank. It's perfect for a homeowner but I would not depend on it to make a living.

PSA: We all need to try to preserve the hearing that we have.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I was seriously looking at that one but read a bunch of reviews, and decided against it - mostly based on price.

I ended up buying this one (for a gift)
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-QUIET-TECH-2-Gallon-Portable-Electric-Hot-Dog-Air-Compressor/1000405185

Primarily based on two things:

1.  Price.
2.  Warranty.

The Kobalt compressor was $99 and I used a 10% off coupon, so $90.

The Kobalt compressor comes with a 3 year warranty, vs 90 days for the HF, and 1 year on California Air.  I know my buddy wont use it much, and if it dies 2 years from now, it's nice to know he can get it swapped or repaired.

It was super quiet, surprisingly quiet.... it made me a bit jealous since I have a Harbor Freight 8 gallon oil lubed pump that is incredibly loud by comparison.    It pumps up to 125 PSI in about a minute, which is nice for what my buddy will use it for.... small jobs, inflating tires, blow stuff off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top