Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 6:49:54 PM EDT
Well, today is my birthday...  29 years old!

So, being my birthday, I took the day off.  How did I spend it you ask?  

I spent all morning waiting in lines at motor vehicles to renew my license.  I then met some guys from work for lunch, their treat of course!  Then, I went to the local police department to get the address changed on my firearms ID card which resulted in a one hour wait because the receptionist came back from lunch REAL LATE.

There was one good thing that came out of my wasted day though...  When I finally spoke to the firearms officer and told him I needed an address change on my card, he actually apologized to me for the recent change in the state gun laws that made this process more expensive and a big pain in the ass!  

I was so blown away by this I can't even describe it to you.  He was so polite to me.  (despite the f'in a-hole in front of me who almost got locked up for being a jerk)  Now, as normal people living outside the iron curtain, you would expect a polite LEO in your normal dealings.  Well, let me tell you, this is the first time in the 5 jurisdictions that I or my friends have had to deal with on gun permits that the LEO acted with respect and decency.  It was the first time that I didn't feel like I was in danger of being arrested for asking permission to own a gun.  Now, if we could just straighten out the damn laws in this state!

Oh well, back to blowing out the flag burner, er, candles!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy birthday.
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/party3.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/blcake.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Happy Birthday FM. I remember 29 well, and it was one hell of a good year. Unfortunatly it is now a somewhat distant memory,LOL. I will be 39 on the 23.[>Q] Have a great birthday!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy Birthday FM, and my depest condolences for having to live in NJ.

The money is good in the NE part of the US of America, but the quality of life is urban 3rd world.

Anyway, happy b'day.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
FMJ,
Happy Birthday [beer], so what kind of toy(s) did you buy yourself?

Jamie
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats! [beer]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Happy birhday![bday] 29,eh. Savor your youth.
[beer][beer][beer]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
[bday]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top