Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:58:36 AM EDT
No kidding...today is National Pie Day.

Gonna have to tell my wife that and get some tonight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Your right!

From website:

Hold a pie night. Gather family and friends for a pie celebration. Everyone must bring one homemade pie for the pie buffet. We have heard of events where more than 100 folks come with 100 pies.

Stage kid's pie activities. Have kids compete in pie-making, pie poetry and pie art contests. Show kids how to make pie and then serve it at lunch, preferably a la mode. Teach American and world history, math and science through pie. <- thats just wrong!

Eat more pie. You can always have another slice, preferably warm and a la mode. <- damn stright!

Share pie. If you make or buy a pie, share it. By its very nature, pie is meant to be eaten with others. Have a pie potluck get-together. <-
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I celebrated early and had pie last night.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#3]
WOOT!!!!!
I'll be gettin pie tonight!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Obligatory Weebl and Bob Pie toon

Sheep
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Indeed.  Happy National Pie Day!!

From the Pie Council:

Pass along pie memories. Our pie heritage is slowly fading away. Call older members of the family and ask them for pie recipes. Ask them to teach you how to make them. Talk about your favorite pies and the family history behind them. Publish pie memories and recipes. Make pie often and serve them to the next generation.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Read this thread last evening and told the wifey.  She had tears in her eyes at work as I'm PM'ing her with the details.   "I like Pie" and so on.  So, last night, I baked up a Jack Daniels Chocolate Pecan pie in honor of this great day.  

Oh - and the pie was excellent.  both slices.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Pie for me at about 2 A.M.!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn I need some pie.

Who has some that they want to share??
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Andie MacDowell - The Pie Song

The P
The I
the E
it's yummy
The Pie
The P
The I
The E
It's Pi-ie
Fresh from the oven, it's pi-e

The P
The I
the E
it's yummy
The Pie
The P
The I
The E
It's Pi-ie
Blueberry!
Pie

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey I told the Old Lady it's National Pie Day. So how about some? She told me to forget it. So I guess I'll have to see the mistress!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey I told the Old Lady it's National Pie Day. So how about some? She told me to forget it. So I guess I'll have to see the mistress!

"Husbands are like fires.  They go out when left unattended" - Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top