Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2002 11:04:16 PM EDT
Happiness is putting 700 rounds through the OLY 9mm upper I got from Doug (ILike2Shoot) from CavArms at the BRC!  WHOO HOOOO!!!!!

It takes sten mags, so I got 20 more for $40 at tapco, which gives me 30 all told. I love dirt cheap mags! And it gets better! I went to wally world and they had 100 round boxes of winchester for less than $11!

I got the thing initially cause the girlfriend wanted something a little more 'shoulder friendly' than my other toys, but after I spent a day at the range with it I've decided that she can shoot it all she wants, but that baby is mine!  [uzi]

Thanks Doug!!  Pictures to follow!
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually I was very impressed with it's reliability... there's one mag I've found that it doesn't like, but of the 10 I worked out yesterday only one acted up. 700+ rounds with no cleaning only jammed 3 times and only with that mag.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I got an email from Blaze-of-Glory about this thread.  He wanted to know if it was a full auto upper... He said he'd tried one once with one of his rifles, off paper of course. Wink wink.  

Who the f*ck is that guy? He obviously knows nothing about what makes a gun go full auto...
aside from the M16 bolt carrier, is there anything in an upper that makes it auto?
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who the f*ck is that guy? He obviously knows nothing about what makes a gun go full auto...
aside from the M16 bolt carrier, is there anything in an upper that makes it auto?
View Quote

Gunbert,
He emailed me once, called me a meathead.....I think he's just a frustrated kid...
Anyway, regarding your upper: I have one and think it's great, I liked it so much I bought one in .45 too (though the sten mag prices are hard to beat).
If you have a full auto lower, you need to replace the semi-auto bolt in the upper. Though it operates on blowback as opposed to gas, the semi bolt won't trip the sear, just as a semi bolt carrier won't cycle on an m16 lower.
View Quote

That's what I thought... BOG is either a semi-ignorant kid or a Fed looking for some moron to blurt out "shee-oot yeah we makes them m-16's down in pa's basement, why, you want one?"
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
ilikelegs - I think it was Dean Martin who said the perfect woman is deaf, dumb and owns a liguor store. [beer]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]
...a warm gun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do the sten mags have to be modified?
View Quote

Nope.  The mag block and bolt use the mags as are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top