Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/30/2002 12:59:07 PM EST
I got it bad for some tasty chili! What's your favorite recipe?
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 1:07:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:55:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: You need to do a search for my chili thread. It was called "none of your ass's can handle my chili." It so damn hot it deforms my wife's Tupperware. I use habanera's when I brown the meat, then more habanera's, banana peppers, jalapenos, unions, garlic. Then black beans and habanera hot sauce, pico de gio, and a lot of chili powder. It will set your soul and your ass free.
View Quote
Your chili sounds like my chili's younger brother. [:D] the_reject
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:57:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: You need to do a search for my chili thread. It was called "none of your ass's can handle my chili." It so damn hot it deforms my wife's Tupperware. I use habanera's when I brown the meat, then more habanera's, banana peppers, jalapenos, unions, garlic. Then black beans and habanera hot sauce, pico de gio, and a lot of chili powder. It will set your soul and your ass free.
View Quote
Sounds like it needs some cumin. [}:D] Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:44:54 PM EST
1.Kill bambi, bring home the deer meat. 2. Ask wife to make Chili.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:58:16 PM EST
You're all going to thank Astrogoth for this post. The best prize winning chili cookoff ingredient is....peanut butter. Try it and see.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:52:56 PM EST
my favorite 1 pound of beef 2 tablespoons of flour Marinage 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce 2 tablespoons paprika 1 jar of tabasco sauce( I really only use a qtr of the bottle) 1/2 teaspoon chinese hot oil 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper prepare the marinade first mix thouroughly. trim fat from the beef and save. cube beef into 1 inch squares and marinate overnight. place meat and marinade in a pot or dutch oven, but I have used a crock pot. Put it on ow heat for 2 hours. Stir to keep it from sticking. rend fat to liquid in a frying pan over low heat to use it as roux. If it is tool ean to produce fat, use bacon grease or lard. Mix with 2 table spoons of flour. After meat has stewed remove 1 cup of liquid from the pot and add slowly to the roux blending it with a whisk. Pour thickend sauce over the meat and blend. transfer to a bowl to eat. They recommed a lime wedge and sour cream. And I like a bit of corn bread to go with it.
Top Top