Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 9:05:03 PM EDT
2 of Hank Williams Jr.'s daughters hurt
Associated Press
Mar. 15, 2006

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Two daughters of country music singer Hank Williams Jr. were badly hurt in a one-vehicle crash Wednesday afternoon in northern Mississippi, the performer's publicist said.

Holly Williams, 25, and Hilary Williams, in her early 20s, were en route to the funeral Thursday of their maternal grandfather in Louisiana, said publicist Kirt Webster.

Their vehicle overturned several times on U.S. 61, about 45 miles south of Memphis, authorities said.

The sisters were hospitalized in Memphis, said Scott Swanson, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol. Hospital spokespeople did not return calls for details on the women's conditions.

Webster said Hilary Williams was critically injured and faced extensive surgery Wednesday night. He said Holly Williams was badly hurt, but not as badly as her sister.

Webster said Hank Williams was in Nashville at the time of the wreck, and went to the hospital Wednesday evening.

Both women are also musicians. Holly Williams released her debut album in 2004.

Hank Williams Jr., the son of a country legend, is known for hits including "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight." He has sung the theme for ABC's "Monday Night Football" since 1989.

Williams has two other children, Hank III, 33, and Katherine Diane, 13.

The singer has been touched by tragedy before. In 1975, he fell off a Montana mountain while hunting, suffering head injuries that required a year of recovery. Afterward, he wore a beard and sunglasses to hide the scars.

His father, a star in the early 1950s, had such hits as "Your Cheatin' Heart" and "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry." He died in 1953.

www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/breaking_news/14108664.htm
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont understand how this is news I/we/the people of the world should care about.

My give a fu*k factor is low. Sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top