Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 8/19/2006 12:25:47 AM EDT
I just bought 2 Commission 88 rifles (thanks to another thread) and I want to hang them crossed on my wall. It's drywall and the rifles weigh around 9 pounds each.

How would you do this? I'm not fluent in hardware or drywall strength.

Can it be done?

One will need to sit 1 inch to 2 inches off the wall to sit on top of the other to be crossed. If that's not possible I'll have to just hang them leaning towards each other.

I looked at hooks and stuff at chinamart tonight because I was there, but haven't checked the Depot yet. Any recomendations on what type of hardware to look for?

Guns on wall pics are welcome. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:10:29 PM EDT
I have some ideas. Are you wanting to hang them vertically or horizontally?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:25:26 AM EDT
I use a wall board expanding anchor with 1/4-20 thread. I set the anchor where the barrel will be. I bend a 1/4-20 bolt 90 degrees and install heat shrink. This inserts in the barrel and if done properly, hides the anchor.

I next use a metal strap covered with heat shrink and bend it to go around the grip area of the rifle and it also attaches to a 1/4-20 anchor, which is hidden by the rifle stock.

A ST. Louis Hawken and a Kentucky rifle are easily supported by this method.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:25:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wildearp:
I use a wall board expanding anchor with 1/4-20 thread. I set the anchor where the barrel will be. I bend a 1/4-20 bolt 90 degrees and install heat shrink. This inserts in the barrel and if done properly, hides the anchor.

I next use a metal strap covered with heat shrink and bend it to go around the grip area of the rifle and it also attaches to a 1/4-20 anchor, which is hidden by the rifle stock.

A ST. Louis Hawken and a Kentucky rifle are easily supported by this method.

Pictures man.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2006 3:50:11 PM EDT by wildearp]
I thought about mounting these crossed, but one would have the lockwork hidden.

(I have shot both of these, so functional wall hangers)

Top Top