Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 6:01:22 PM EDT
When i ordered my DSA SA58 it did not come with a handle. I think it has the slot for one it just did not come with one. I kind of want one.. Are they hard to install? Can i install one on this set up?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Your upper doesn't have a slot.

Upper with a slot:

Upper without a slot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh.. when that makes sense why it does not have one then doesnt it..

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!

You should take this as a hint that you need to order another one with a carry handle... you know, for comparison.  

Enjoy your FAL.. I promise you'll never want to part with it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!

You should take this as a hint that you need to order another one with a carry handle... you know, for comparison.  

Your a evil evil man.. I dont need a reason to buy a second one... Ive had this more most of a year and it is one of my favorites...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Some folks say that the FAL shoots better with a solid receiver––––-
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!

Your a evil evil man.. I dont need a reason to buy a second one... Ive had this more most of a year and it is one of my favorites...

Sorry, you cannot put one in due to the difference of the receiver.  On the other hand, other than cosmetic, there is not much use of the carrying handle, just like the M-16s.  The weapon is horizontal when you are carrying with the carrying handle, that means you can easily sweep someone else.  I would save the money and get yourself either a single or 3 point sling.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#7]
You could have the receiver machined to take the handle but it would be a waste of money. The FAL handle is really not very useful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top