Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/4/2013 10:36:46 PM EDT
I keep seeing stuff on forums about the guys who never leave their house without one of these things and I'm curious?

The concept to me seems absolutely disgusting, and while I'll freely admit to being a bit of a germaphobe this just goes above and beyond. Is a hold over of old timey stuff where people think it's classy or what? To me it's about as white trash as anything I can think of so is there a reason for these disgusting rags full of germs and bacteria stuffed in pockets?
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I keep seeing stuff on forums about the guys who never leave their house without one of these things and I'm curious?

The concept to me seems absolutely disgusting, and while I'll freely admit to being a bit of a germaphobe this just goes above and beyond. Is a hold over of old timey stuff where people think it's classy or what? To me it's about as white trash as anything I can think of so is there a reason for these disgusting rags full of germs and bacteria stuffed in pockets?
View Quote

lol When you get older it will all make sense.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Always carried a few when camping, hiking, hunting, etc.  Handy for things.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
To give to the ladies.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's referring, of course, to incontinence.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
A bandanna and a SHARP knife constitute First Aid Kit.
I have not  left the house with a  bandanna since about age 9
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I use mine to wipe my face in summer more than anything else, it only gets used as a snot rag as a last resort.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
You're showing your ignorance.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Reminds me of an old riddle:

What does a rich man save that a poor man throws away?

His snot.

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use mine to wipe my face in summer more than anything else, it only gets used as a snot rag as a last resort.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a time when people didn't waste money on paper products. There was no paper napkins and paper towels. And you couldn't always run to or find a bathroom to get TP. If you needed to wipe anything (face, hands, nose) you just used your hanky and threw it in the hamper when you got home. No big deal. Few years back, almost everyone carried a handkerchief.  

Also, do you think germs and bacteria show up after you blow your nose? You know that shit is inside your head, right now. Right?

<edit> There is more bacteria 1 inch below your chicks snatch than is EVER in your nose. Think that one over....

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]
When I was a little kid snot would run down to my lip so I could lick it off. Do you think I should go back to doing that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

One question, seriously.

How old are you?
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wipe your fingerprints off the gun before you drop it?

Clean your glasses?

Offer it to a lady in distress?

Use it to pick something up when you aren't carrying surgical gloves and you really don't want to touch the object?

Diversionary piece of cloth?

Distress or truce signalling device?

Emergency bandage?

Emergency fire air filter?

Etc, etc, etc. It's like what can bandanas be used for........such as three of them making a terrific emergency halter top.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
("My friend, do you wrap up the waste from your body when you use the rest room and carry it around with you? Of course not. Hence, no hanker chief but a small package of Kleenex. You are Japanese, now."--Tiger to 007, (w,stte), Book: You Only Live Twice by Ian Fleming)
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
My dad uses one. It is kinda gross - but you can use it for other things.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#15]
And it is properly "handkerchieves",  though parochial American spell checkers don't recognize it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I have allergies like a mother fucker, I also use snuff so ya I have one or two on me at all times while out and about.

Also much easier on the strolls and skin as papper products tear up the skin.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I like having a kerchief, for wiping sweat if nothing else, usually I carry a large Neckerchief (Bandana) but folder in my back pocket, in a pinch if it gets windy and dusty out I can tie it around my face (Do this alot out hunting and on the motorcycles) in a pinch it also will make a touniquet, sling, or bandage
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Daily carrier. I can't tell you how many times it's saved my ass, or someone else's.

I'm guessing OP doesn't work with his hands.  If you think snot on a rag is disgusting, you'd hate the flight line.  Also, when my nose runs in the woods, I don't take a box of tissues out with me.  When I work outside, I don't let snot run down my face. It's pretty basic, really.  I do grimy, nasty things on a daily basis: I never once worried about my snotty handkerchief.

You probably meant to post in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#19]
What does White Trash have to do with it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Lots of uses for one besides just blowing snot on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What does White Trash have to do with it?
View Quote

Nothing, OP is retarded.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I've carried one ever since I was a kid, two when my allergies are really full blown.  

Life saver.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:49:21 AM EDT
[#24]
A real man has a red or blue bandanna in his back pocket. An orange one during deer/turkey  gun season is acceptable...
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:52:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I thought it was obvious.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:52:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A real man has a red or blue bandanna in his back pocket. An orange one during deer/turkey  gun season is acceptable...
View Quote

Be careful.........

.......or does one not know of the Hanky Code?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Be careful.........

Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful.........

Thats for queers and sissies. I'm talkin' manly men...
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:57:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's a bandana, goddammit.
View Quote

Grouchy old Floridian.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:20:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

One question, seriously.

How old are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One question, seriously.

How old are you?

Post cursive, and an admitted user of the Italian handkerchief.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:31:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Be careful.........

Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful.........

I buy mine at Hobby Lobby. They come in Woodland, Desert, and other nice patterns. I also have some Mossy Oak I picked up at the local feed store. I also have basic red and blue. I do not know, nor give a fuck about the "Hanky Code,"  For I, EDC: a bandana, lighter, knife, 1911,and spare mags.
I present myself like an apex predator and radiate awesomeness and purity of essence. Woman sense my power and are attracted to it.

But seriously, as Snow said earlier, there are 10,00 things a bandana is good for. Probaly the least used of these is "snot rag."  I use them for head bands, face masks, sweat wiper, glass cleaner, bandage, sling, gun rag, you name it b
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:31:52 AM EDT
[#32]
It's for saving a snack for later in the day.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Multi-purpose piece of kit, everyday carry.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:10:11 AM EDT
[#34]
How else will rival gang members know they've just come into the wrong hood?

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't recall recently where a hanky would have come in handy for me.  

As for the snot, I sniff that up my nose and swallow it.  I don't want to waste precious bodily fluids.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#36]
I sneeze a lot. A  hanky is more convenient than carrying a box of tissues with me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:39:45 AM EDT
[#37]
I have bad allergies and work in a hot, dusty environment. Kleenex doesn't do well in a sweaty pocket, nor does it clean sweat, or dust from your face. Like previous posts mentioned, it is primarily to clean my face, snot rag as a last resort. Have you ever had snot running down your face, and nothing but your shirt to wipe it with? I have, that's why I always carry a bandanna or handkerchief. It has also been used to tie up bleeding fingers, cover my head in the sun and face when dust is blowing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
There was a time when people didn't waste money on paper products. There was no paper napkins and paper towels. And you couldn't always run to or find a bathroom to get TP. If you needed to wipe anything (face, hands, nose) you just used your hanky and threw it in the hamper when you got home. No big deal. Few years back, almost everyone carried a handkerchief.  

Also, do you think germs and bacteria show up after you blow your nose? You know that shit is inside your head, right now. Right?

<edit> There is more bacteria 1 inch below your chicks snatch than is EVER in your nose. Think that one over....

View Quote

You missed the MRSA class, didn'tcha?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:43:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Useful for many situations, cheap, reusable and easy to carry. Why not carry one or two?

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#40]
They are fuckin disgusting!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:06:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Supposedly,when they first met Jimi Hendrix asked Ted Nugent if he had any weed on him.

His reply was " I only carry things a man needs: a pocketknife,a handkerchief and a pistol".

That's the only reason I have one folded inside the IFAK in my trunk
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:37:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Supposedly,when they first met Jimi Hendrix asked Ted Nugent if he had any weed on him.

His reply was " I only carry things a man needs: a pocketknife,a handkerchief and a pistol".

That's the only reason I have one folded inside the IFAK in my trunk
View Quote

Nugent is a chump.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I buy mine at Hobby Lobby. They come in Woodland, Desert, and other nice patterns. I also have some Mossy Oak I picked up at the local feed store. I also have basic red and blue. I do not know, nor give a fuck about the "Hanky Code,"  For I, EDC: a bandana, lighter, knife, 1911,and spare mags.
I present myself like an apex predator and radiate awesomeness and purity of essence. Woman sense my power and are attracted to it.

But seriously, as Snow said earlier, there are 10,00 things a bandana is good for. Probaly the least used of these is "snot rag."  I use them for head bands, face masks, sweat wiper, glass cleaner, bandage, sling, gun rag, you name it b
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful.........

Pretty much this. Should be a part of every persons EDC. If need be, one can improvise one hell of a sap with a kerchief and...
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:07:05 AM EDT
[#44]
I carry one all the time.  Extremely handy, even if I don't have a runny nose.  Utility-wise, it's on par with carrying a pocket knife to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:08:54 AM EDT
[#45]
It's a great sweat rag, if you are getting those little beads of sweat on your brow during a hot day, its nice to be able to wipe that off and not have it run down your face.
I'm not going carry around a Giant towel or an extra T-shirt over my shoulder like...some people...

I keep a nice handkerchief in my back pocket!

It also comes in handy for a few other things if needed too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Pretty much this. Should be a part of every persons EDC. If need be, one can improvise one hell of a sap with a kerchief and...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful.........

Makes a very effective garrote, also...see Thuggee

Also see Confessions of a Thug, by Philip Meadows Taylor. Confessions of a Thug
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Be careful.........

Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful.........

So let's see.  I carry a white handkerchief in my left back pocket.  Which means I'm a top masturbator.  Lol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#48]
My grandpa taught me that a man always carries a knife and a kerchief.

OP, you know they're washable, right?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#49]
I've always been drippy and sneezy because of alergies so I always carry one.

Where I grew up, the old farmers always had a red/blue paisley one poking out of the rear pocket of their overalls. I got rid of mine when the gangs hijacked them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#50]
You wouldn't believe a tenth of what I'd tell you about what I used to fix or clean with a handkerchief.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top