Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/6/2005 11:57:07 AM EDT
So, a family friend has left the country and has left behind a few items including a S&W 5904 9mm pistol. This person will not be returning to this country. What is to become of the firearm in question? Can I have it transferred to myself? Someone please clue me in, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:58:20 AM EDT
you live in FM? where is FM? in most of the commonly considered "free states" you can own that pistol presuming that it is not stolen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:58:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SexualChocolate:
So, a family friend has left the country and has left behind a few items including a S&W 5904 9mm pistol. This person will not be returning to this country. What is to become of the firearm in question? Can I have it transferred to myself? Someone please clue me in, thanks!

If I had any idea where "FM" is, I might be able to help. Generally speaking, there's no issue unless state or local law restricts private transfers.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:59:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2005 12:08:25 PM EDT by SexualChocolate]
I live in California.

How can I have it transferred to myself when the person that owns it is not present?

And to be honest, I dont even know if the gun is regestered to the person that left it here.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:00:56 PM EDT

Sorry, I live in California

The user name gave it away
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:44:08 PM EDT

In order to "transfer" the pistol to you in CA, you'll need to take the gun to a gunshop and do a Private Party Transfer. CA requires that both parties are present to fill out paperwork so they can do background checks on both, so this lets you out.

Personally, I'd just take the S&W home with you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:55:41 PM EDT
finders keepers..............................
life in the peoples republic,,,not their concern what is in my safe as long as i dont invite em in....
just my Humble O.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:01:10 PM EDT
I dunno about there, but here I'd call the ACIC (state version of the NCIC) and say, "hey I want to buy this gun, I'm not sure that I trust the guy so can ya'll run the serial" and they will do it. If that's clean, then a bill of sale would appear. Otherwise, if it's clean it'd stay under the bed. If it's dirty you can do the right thing and turn it in, OR be a dirty bastard. fuck it up where it can't ever fire in a way you can't tell by looking and sell it to some thug.
Top Top