Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  Just wow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Chu gotta be kideen me meng
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
That would actually be useful if you were in the back country or doing something where you were moving around enough.

If that were the case, I'd be using a holster so...................
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Yikes

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a bad idea until you are pointing the gun at your hand behind your back and trying to manipulate a piece of tubing into the barrel...

But for his efforts I'll give him a hand...that's right, only ONE hand because I might destroy my other one using his product.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Only problem is most gangstas dont wear belts!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, it is pretty imaginative if nothing else.

How drunk was this guy when he thought of that?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Simple and effective. I see no derp.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Have I told you guys about my free-hanging Glock necklace? I'm calling it "Glog Tags"
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Lots of opportunities for a new hole there given the lack of trigger guard coverage.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, yes they do...around their thighs.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

You're kidding, right?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll continue to use a corectly fitting holster for my firearm, BUT....        If someone is really looking to pull off that tucked in the pants look, this is better than nothing.  Both are asking for a negligent discharge, this just supplies negligably better retention.   - Nw -
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll continue to use a corectly fitting holster for my firearm, BUT....        If someone is really looking to pull off that tucked in the pants look, this is better than nothing.  Both are asking for a negligent discharge, this just supplies negligably better retention.   - Nw -
View Quote

Actually... I would say nothing is better than this.

I'd rather have an open trigger guard than an open trigger guard with something shoved down the barrel, my hands awkwardly in front of the muzzle and a rope snagging on things.

But that's just me.

Either way I'll stick with holsters.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Well at least he used a finely tuned state of the art masterpiece S&W Sigma.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'd rather have an open trigger guard than an open trigger guard with something shoved down the barrel, my hands awkwardly in front of the muzzle and a rope snagging on things.

But that's just me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's just me.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Dates back to WW2 OSS.

At least.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#21]
its not really sling

its more like a bungee cord holster
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone else thinks this guy looks like a disingenuous Larry Potterfield?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#23]
If only Plaxico had seen this video twenty years ago...

He would have had a bunch of shrapnel in his back, instead of having an easily treatable GSW to his leg.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow.  At first I was laughing until I realized it wasn't a joke.  Then I was like
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]
So like the same as a pistol lanyard ? Who uses those
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not really sure what question or problem this is answering...?

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#27]
WOW
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But that's just me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's just me.

Isn't pointing a pistol slightly against your back to get it to go under your waistband regardless of the presence of this device just as likely to serve as a one way trip to being paralyzed?  As I said, its stupid due to safety issues, but provides better retention than nothing.  It sounds like we're both sold on actual, fitting, holsters regardless.  We'll both be keeping al of our fingers and our ability to walk.  . - Nw -
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But that's just me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's just me.

Even better with a metal tube stuck in the barrel an ND will probably result in an over-pressure situation that'll blow the barrel or slide open or case failure that'll blow into the magwell causing aditional rounds to detonate.  THAT oughta make for a fun day in the ER!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dates back to WW2 OSS.

At least.
View Quote

Yep. Variations on this theme have been around forever. A section of clothes hanger, one end bent up, the other down (looks like a narrow "S" when you're done), is another one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Holy shit.

Way worse than I could have ever believed

That's literally going to get someone killed
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Time for the Drop-Leg Tactical Handgun Sling
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Isn't pointing a pistol slightly against your back to get it to go under your waistband regardless of the presence of this device just as likely to serve as a one way trip to being paralyzed?  As I said, its stupid due to safety issues, but provides better retention than nothing.  It sounds like we're both sold on actual, fitting, holsters regardless.  We'll both be keeping al of our fingers and our ability to walk.  . - Nw -
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's just me.

Actually in the position he is carrying it he will probably just blow off his asshole.

Unless he has managed to create a bore obstruction already and his whole firearm kablooeys in his pants like the other poster said.

Either way, I would love to tell that guy to his face he is a douche canoe.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm seeing lots of "wow!"  "holy shit!" type comments.

Nobody has bothered saying why it's a bad idea.

Is it because you have to temporarily put your hand in front of the muzzle?  If that's the only reason, its a bad one.

Are you trying to tell me you can't point your gun at ANYTHING without accidentally pulling the trigger?  Jesus.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is it because you have to temporarily put your hand in front of the muzzle?  If that's the only reason, its a bad one.

Are you trying to tell me you can't point your gun at ANYTHING without accidentally pulling the trigger?  Jesus.
View Quote

Really? You can't puzzle out why this is a bad idea?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Actually in the position he is carrying it he will probably just blow off his asshole.

Unless he has managed to create a bore obstruction already and his whole firearm kablooeys in his pants like the other poster said.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that's just me.

This I agree with whole heartedly.  It's been a long time since I laughed so hard I cried.  - Nw -
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#37]
"That's real retarded, sir."
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
for one I'd  prefer not to jam a striker fired pistol in my pants
Its awkward and you cannot watch yourself install it as it is behind your back , plus your hand is in front of the muzzle during all this
it would suck to have the have the string from this  magically get wrapped up around the trigger during install or just during wearing/use  
or if the cord somehow breaks you now  have a barrel obstruction

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Too cheap for a holster?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:34:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Meh, this is better:

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

I really hope he is kidding.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Too cheap for a holster?  
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#43]
WTF is that?  Super ghey all the way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#46]
This
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Jesus H Tapdancing Christ! This is like one of those those shitty "as seen on TV" products.

Do you love concealed carry of your handgun, but find regular holsters too bulky, heavy, and hard to put on?

Well, you're in luck! Because now there's the Pistol Sling (tm)!

But wait, there's more! Order in the next ten minutes, and we'll send you a SECOND Pistol Sling (tm) ABOLUTELY FREE!
View Quote

This might be the dumbest thing I've seen all week.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you can't think of a piece of gear that is a better, safer, solution than the "handgun sling," you need to change the way you think.

Here is a hint; search for Raven Concealment Vanguard.  Even that excellent piece of gear has limited application.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing covering the  trigger  for one. Complex movement to get the gun into action. Small of back is terrible location for primary carry, especially one in a loose fitting carry device.

This is a terrible idea borne of the OSS shoestring holster.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Carrying a gun concealed in a ziploc bag of cold ziti is probably better!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top