Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 1:24:56 PM EDT
OK, this process cannot be legal....Four notarized references, 300+ dollars and THEN a six month minimum wait???!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, no "infringement" there.. please move along. Nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah luckily i got mine in when it was still just 99$.. i only had to wait 3 months though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
My butt still hurts,  if your clean it won't be 6 months.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Can ya date the local police chiefs daughter or something to speed up the process?  Get apointed as a trainer for the dept? Worked for me when I was there.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm so FUCKIN glad I moved
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
In the same amount of time you could try your hand at a law suit againt the state for infringing on your constitutional rights to OWN and bear arms. Hell, id push the issue, thats BS.........
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]

God, I cant believe you guys let your own government do this to you. What a joke. I currently live in Falls Church VA, where you dont even need a permit to carry-openly; which I do all the time and we're across the river from D.C.

Like I said, I cant believe people in NY allow this....
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
$300 Mine was only $85 At least they shot down the bill that would have made you renew every 5 years at $100. I assume it is a restricted permit or are you lucky enough to live in a county where they give out full carry?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
God, I cant believe you guys let your own government do this to you. What a joke. I currently live in Falls Church VA, where you dont even need a permit to carry-openly; which I do all the time and we're across the river from D.C.

Like I said, I cant believe people in NY allow this....

well the majority of people in NY probaly support these restrictions, and its kind of hard to hire a lawyer for that kind of case making a median income
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]

I assume it is a restricted permit or are you lucky enough to live in a county where they give out full carry?

no such thing as open carry in NY.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OK, this process cannot be legal....Four notarized references, 300+ dollars and THEN a six month minimum wait???!?!?!?!?!?!?!

instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ed/smileeek.gifinstagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ed/smileeek.gifinstagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ed/smileeek.gif

Where in NY are you? NYC?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
not even - LONG ISLAND.

McCarthy is my congressmoron.

whooooodathunit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#13]
That's bad news!

McCarthy got elected BECAUSE she promised more gun control! Didn't she run for congress after he husband and son were shot in that Subway Massacre?

You're WAY behind enemy lines soldier!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Actually, they are supposed to complete the process within six months, not a minimum of six months. It does run over quite frequently..then of course you have the waiting period some judges impose every time you buy one while they decide to approve the purchase coupon........
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I assume it is a restricted permit or are you lucky enough to live in a county where they give out full carry?

no such thing as open carry in NY.

He didn't say open carry, he said full carry, as compared to getting a permit thats overstamped with limitations such as hunting and target practice only.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought mine was bad and it was under $100, don't remember the references having to be notarized, issued for life, no restrictions, and I got it in less than 4 months
although that was also done about as far from NYCity as one can get while still being in NY
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#17]
nope, this license is restricted.  alot.

and mccarthy is SUCH a failure in office.  Nothing she's proposed has passed due to her inability to compromise.

In fact as a puppet for a pro-israel district, she ain't half bad, but MAN do me and her differ on my rights.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy mother of God!

And people bitch about the PRK requiring a Handgun Saftey Certificate to buy one (good for 5 years, simple written test, $25 bucks) and then you can by as many as you want.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Outside of Nassau County and NYC the application fee statewide is $10 + a $99 DCJS fingerprint fee.  The four references which must be notarized has been part of the application process for at least 30 thirty years.

There are several gun friendly counties in NY that routinely issue unrestricted carry permits.  Before NYS raised the age to 21 (discharged military is an exception) some counties were issuing permits to 16 year olds.  My friend had an unrestricted CCW permit when he was 18.

Carolyn McCarthy has been elected to the House four times and is up for reelection this year.  It appears she has a lifetime seat.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#20]
You poor fuckers.  18 is the age for a carry permit in Indiana, and damn near everyone I know has had them since their senior year in high school.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
That's bad news!

McCarthy got elected BECAUSE she promised more gun control! Didn't she run for congress after he husband and son were shot in that Subway Massacre?

You're WAY behind enemy lines soldier!

The LIRR massacre wouldn't have been as bad if someone was packin
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Think of it as $300 worth of love.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You poor fuckers.  18 is the age for a carry permit in Indiana, and damn near everyone I know has had them since their senior year in high school.

Yeah, I realized Indiana is about as good as it gets for CCW when I read this:

Indiana lawmakers have been reluctant to expand gun control.
In 1993, lawmakers debated a measure that would have barred guns from many government buildings, including the Statehouse. It was killed after a show of hands in one committee hearing revealed both lawmakers and spectators admitted they were carrying guns. Lawmakers might have been worried about the spectators -- but they didn't want to disarm themselves.

Source: www.indystar.com/articles/7/172435-4847-009.html
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Carolyn McCarthy is a Democrat and U.S. Congresswoman. She has no direct effect on Nassau County or NYS law.  NY's Republican Governor Pataki supported raising the permit age to 21, ballistic fingerprinting and NY's AWB in 2000.  Unfortunately  his Democratic rivals are far worse.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Think of it as $300 worth of love.

I feel it!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#26]
WHY THE NEW YORK STATE SYSTEM FOR OBTAINING A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL

After I found that I got myself a copy of the Fordham Urban Law Journal that it was published in.  They may still have some copies and the guy was very happy to forward one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:47:44 AM EDT
[#27]

There are several gun friendly counties in NY that routinely issue unrestricted carry permits. Before NYS raised the age to 21 (discharged military is an exception) some counties were issuing permits to 16 year olds. My friend had an unrestricted CCW permit when he was 18.

I hear dutchess county is good place.  With me, I'll tell you the truth, I love my state.  It's history, diversity, natural parks, shore, etc.  I love the outdoors, I love guns, etc.  BUT I have to live close to a synogogue cuase I can't drive there on saturdays.  So I'm really limited as to the rurality (?) of my domocile.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Mine was $96, four references, and 9 months = no restrictions

S.O.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top