Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2008 6:28:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/11/2008 2:06:41 PM EDT by Bunnyassassin]
This looks like it will be a very good fantasy type movie. Anybody else seen the trailer?
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 7:01:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
This looks like it will be a very good fantasy type movie. Anybody else seen the trailer?

What is his super power?
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 7:07:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pacs:

Originally Posted By Pangea:

What is his super power?

Superman type powers, less X-Ray vision.
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 7:56:46 PM EDT
Actually, I think it's gonna be much more of a comedy/drama than anything else. More focus on the down and out superhero, the nice guy promoter who tries to bring him back from the dumps and get him on his feet, and the semi-triangle between hero, nice guy, and nice guys wife.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 7:37:59 AM EDT
New trailer looks kinda dark.............
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 12:03:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rogue007:

yea kinda
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 9:58:53 PM EDT
I can see this movie either being either riotously funny, or overboard stupid, depending on how it's cut and written.

Here's hoping for the former.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 11:27:25 PM EDT
Another Will Smith action movie, with the same typical Will Smith character.

I'll be sure to miss it.

Link Posted: 4/27/2008 10:38:35 AM EDT

New trailer? I've only seen the one where he tears up the interstate signs, destroys a train and throws a whale on to a sailboat. It there a different one? If so, what site it is on? I checked the official site and the Apple movie trailer site and only saw the one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 11:57:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By USPC40:

New trailer? I've only seen the one where he tears up the interstate signs, destroys a train and throws a whale on to a sailboat. It there a different one? If so, what site it is on? I checked the official site and the Apple movie trailer site and only saw the one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1hsKYtez4w&feature=related
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 9:16:29 AM EDT
Looks like another good Will Smith popcorn movie. I'm in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 9:11:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 9:20:33 AM EDT
I noticed they changed the "feel" of the movie, from the original trailers, many months ago. It looked very slapstickish, and now it seems, much more gritty. Don't know if they changed the movie or the marketing, but it looks more like something I might see, as before, I wasn't interested.
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 12:31:02 PM EDT
I like Will, as long as he isn't ruining one of my favorite classics. I'm in!
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:29:13 AM EDT
Starts today. Might have to pick between this one and Wanted. Both look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:17:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:21:06 AM EDT
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:19:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Anybody have a link to the new trailer on youtube?

Here toy go.

youtube.com/watch?v=WD30p2ZTx48

Looks pretty good. I'll be seeing it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:23:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2008 7:24:30 AM EDT by Another_Dude]

I thought it looked good

So did I, until I read the review from the guy on Foxnews. He blasted the movie, and said the Will Smith/July 4 blockbuster has come to a screeching halt this year.

Reasons:

The earlier movies were family-friendly and it sounds like this one isn't, some little kid is calling someone an asshole in the first scene and it goes downhill from there.

You came to like Will's character in earlier movies...doesn't happen here.

I think the movie clocks in at 80 minutes, and they said it seems too long.

I like WS actionomedies, but either Fresh Prince did this reviewer's wife in the keister or this is one craptacular movie.

Awwwww hell no!
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:31:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2008 7:33:32 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:35:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2008 7:53:27 AM EDT by AKSig]

Originally Posted By Another_Dude:

I thought it looked good

So did I, until I read the review from the guy on Foxnews. He blasted the movie, and said the Will Smith/July 4 blockbuster has come to a screeching halt this year.

Reasons:

The earlier movies were family-friendly and it sounds like this one isn't, some little kid is calling someone an asshole in the first scene and it goes downhill from there.

I like WS actionomedies, but either Fresh Prince did this reviewer's wife in the keister or this is one craptacular movie.

Awwwww hell no!

I tend to not put much faith in movie critics.

As far as Will Smith's 4th of July blockbuster streak coming to an end.

I'm willing to bet on this making 150+million domestically alone.

ETA: Looks like FX has already purchased a 4 year license starting in 2010 in a deal that should be worth $20+million.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:52:33 AM EDT

I thought it looked good

Reasons:

Not a kid friendly movie? Makes me want to see it more. How many people bitch about how movies these days about movies that could have been so much better if they weren't watered down to make them "kid friendly".

Well, if "the guy" on Fox News said it was bad, that's another reason for me to want to see it. People on a news network giving movie reviews... they're so out of touch with reality that they have turn to fiction to try to regain some credibility.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 1:02:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By guns762:
I noticed they changed the "feel" of the movie, from the original trailers, many months ago. It looked very slapstickish, and now it seems, much more gritty. Don't know if they changed the movie or the marketing, but it looks more like something I might see, as before, I wasn't interested.

The first trailers I was expecting to be an ad for an energy drink or something
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 1:13:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:

I thought it looked good

Reasons:

Not a kid friendly movie? Makes me want to see it more. How many people bitch about how movies these days about movies that could have been so much better if they weren't watered down to make them "kid friendly".

Well, if "the guy" on Fox News said it was bad, that's another reason for me to want to see it. People on a news network giving movie reviews... they're so out of touch with reality that they have turn to fiction to try to regain some credibility.

+fucking 1!!! I dont want to go see a die hard apocolypse movie and end up with a PG-13 rating on it...

Link Posted: 7/2/2008 2:21:51 PM EDT
I like the movie. I think it could have been longer, it felt a little rushed, but it did not ruin it.

In one of the scenes I thought "What is that gun? This feels like HEAT." While watching the credits I saw that Michael Mann produced the film

At one point the chief of police says "They have some sort of artillery, .50 cal or greater." Do they even make .50 cal artillery?!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:23:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2008 5:24:58 PM EDT by raven]
I read a review. The movie is an allegory about world opinion of America. The world is the people and city of Los Angeles, and Hancock is America: a powerful entity but dumb, sloppy and creates so much havoc whenever he tries to do good that people resent and have scorn for him. Hancock feels that if he tries to do good, he ends up being hated and if he does nothing he ends up being hated so he's developed a 'fuck-the-world-i-don't-give-damn-what-people-think-of-me' attitude.

What a lovely movie for the 4th of July.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:29:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:25:06 PM EDT
Just got back... I thought it was a great movie. Will Smith delivers again. I don't care what anyone says. He makes good movies.

I'd rather have a Will Smith summer blockbuster over moon-bat Tom Cruise. Is this the first summer he hasn't shat one out?

Originally Posted By raven:
I read a review. The movie is an allegory about world opinion of America. The world is the people and city of Los Angeles, and Hancock is America: a powerful entity but dumb, sloppy and creates so much havoc whenever he tries to do good that people resent and have scorn for him. Hancock feels that if he tries to do good, he ends up being hated and if he does nothing he ends up being hated so he's developed a 'fuck-the-world-i-don't-give-damn-what-people-think-of-me' attitude.

I figured someone would make some sort of political thing about it. I was expecting something more along the lines of "there were bad guys with guns... this movie is so ANTI-GUN". Isn't that what someone posts after seeing every movie released?

I think it's a good "allegory" though. Pretty much nails it right on the head... right down to the name "John Hancock"/

Originally Posted By xdalfalkif:
I like the movie. I think it could have been longer, it felt a little rushed, but it did not ruin it.

In one of the scenes I thought "What is that gun? This feels like HEAT." While watching the credits I saw that Michael Mann produced the film

At one point the chief of police says "They have some sort of artillery, .50 cal or greater." Do they even make .50 cal artillery?!!!

I thought it was JUST long enough. Any longer it would have really dragged.

Michael Mann made a cameo as well. Check out the credits on IMDb.

Artillery... people just say that... kind of like "hand cannon". Ya know?

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 7:17:00 PM EDT
Just saw it and I liked it a lot
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:49:36 PM EDT

Look raven, we have all come to grips with the fact that there has not been a movie made in the last 25 years to your liking.

In this case it doesn't even come down to that.

You're taking a critics word for it and running with it. That's pretty sad.

I ask you this once again for I believe the third time. What was the last movie that you ACTUALLY saw and enjoyed?

On topic: I just finished watching the film and found it entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 9:21:05 PM EDT
i'll watch it this weekend and give you an honest review
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:11:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 556A2:
Another Will Smith action movie, with the same typical Will Smith character.

I'll be sure to miss it.

I won't.

Will Smith shits gold. This will be a steaming pile of gold.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:29:55 PM EDT
The two reviews I read were VERY negative. They said it was painfully bad. I think they also said it was only 82 minutes long or some such, 100 minutes being the traditional minimum length for a feature film.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:53:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AKSig:

Look raven, we have all come to grips with the fact that there has not been a movie made in the last 25 years to your liking.

I liked Sex and the City
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 2:04:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tim_the_enchanter:
Will Smith shits gold. This will be a steaming pile of gold.

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 6:41:12 PM EDT
Saw it today. I REALLY enjoyed it. Good humor, action and it threw me for a swerve
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 6:46:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FieroLoki:
Saw it today. I REALLY enjoyed it. Good humor, action and it threw me for a swerve

It really gives you a WTF! moment at one point.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 6:48:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2008 6:54:15 PM EDT by AmericanPatriot]

What is his super power?

As if by magic, he can make the ticket price for the movie go directly into Barack Hussein Obama's campaign fund.

Sorry, but I'll pass.....
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 7:42:16 PM EDT
I'm indifferent. If someone wants to pay for my ticket I'll go...I'll just wait for the dvd.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 7:58:14 PM EDT
Saw it with my wife tonight and we both enjoyed it. Worth seeing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 7:59:20 PM EDT
Wife and I enjoyed it, decent action flick for the money...with a good twist. Great supporting work by Bateman and Theron, great cast just missing a named villain.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 8:11:53 PM EDT
I liked it, and after seeing so many trailers, preferred the twists of the 2nd half.

Interesting back story.

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 8:24:30 PM EDT
I just wanna see Batman!

...Ill probably be in line for Hancock in a day or two. Tuesday night is looking like a good time for me.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 8:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2008 9:36:40 PM EDT by guardian855]

Originally Posted By AmericanPatriot:

What is his super power?

As if by magic, he can make the ticket price for the movie go directly into Barack Hussein Obama's campaign fund.

Sorry, but I'll pass.....

Better turn off the tv then, a lot of people support his campaign fund.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 9:15:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SS109:
I liked it, and after seeing so many trailers, preferred the twists of the 2nd half.

Interesting back story.

Had they just stuck to the theme of the first part of the movie and had a decent bad guy I would have liked it. I found the back story to be rather stupid.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 10:24:18 PM EDT
i went and saw it today. as long as you turn off your brain for a few, its really not too bad. dont worry about the plot or a good character study (in other words this is no thinking man's movie) and it wasnt bad at all. just mindless entertainment
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 10:41:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FieroLoki:

Same here. I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 4:15:58 PM EDT
I thought the movie went from pretty damn good, to totally predictable lameness towars the end.

Wait for the DVD.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 4:26:20 PM EDT
Heard from a trusted source it wasnt good. I might watch it bootleg if I get bored
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 5:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2008 5:54:33 PM EDT by AKSig]

I thought it looked good

Reasons:

Awwwww hell no!

Yup. As predicted, That reviewer was a dumbass.

'Hancock' sparks $18.8 million Friday
Sony, Will Smith film tops Fourth of July B.O.
By ANTHONY D'ALESSANDRO

In its third day, Sony's "Hancock" reeled in $18.8 million, giving the thesp his highest grossing B.O. for the holiday. Smith's previous July 4th record belonged to "Independence Day" which racked up $17.3 million in 1996.

In its first three days, including Tuesday previews, "Hancock's" $60.1 million haul is currently pacing behind the $63.6 million cumed by "Independence Day" over the same frame, but ahead of the "Men in Black" films. "Hancock" is playing at 3,965 theaters.....

www.variety.com/article/VR1117988496.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Link Posted: 7/5/2008 6:02:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AKSig:

I thought it looked good

Reasons:

Awwwww hell no!

Yup. As predicted, That reviewer was a dumbass.

'Hancock' sparks $18.8 million Friday
Sony, Will Smith film tops Fourth of July B.O.
By ANTHONY D'ALESSANDRO

In its third day, Sony's "Hancock" reeled in $18.8 million, giving the thesp his highest grossing B.O. for the holiday. Smith's previous July 4th record belonged to "Independence Day" which racked up $17.3 million in 1996.

In its first three days, including Tuesday previews, "Hancock's" $60.1 million haul is currently pacing behind the $63.6 million cumed by "Independence Day" over the same frame, but ahead of the "Men in Black" films. "Hancock" is playing at 3,965 theaters.....

www.variety.com/article/VR1117988496.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Well even if its shitty alot of people will still go see it due to marketing and name, IJ4 is one that comes to mind
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top