Posted: 3/14/2006 9:48:45 AM EDT
...like THAT'S going to happen.  

HH

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Politics & Government  

Mofaz: Hamas Acting Responsibly; Hamas: Israel Must Change Flag
15:22 Jan 30, '06 / 1 Shevat 5766
By Scott Shiloh

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz told the Israeli cabinet on Sunday that since the election Hamas was acting responsibly. Shortly afterwards, a senior Hamas official called on Israel to change its flag.  

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz told the Israeli cabinet on Sunday that since Hamas won a sweeping victory in last Wednesday’s PA parliamentary election, the extreme Islamic terror group was acting “responsibly.”

Mofaz also said that in the short term, he thinks Hamas will refrain from terror attacks.

He added that it was likely that the Hamas will also attempt to block the Islamic Jihad from carrying out terrorist attacks against Israel. Islamic Jihad, trying to portray itself as more radical than Hamas, boycotted last week’s election. They claimed that the elections were based on the Oslo accords and played into the hands of the United States.

Shortly after making his comments about the Hamas, Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar said from Gaza that Israel must change its flag. "Israel must remove the two blue stripes from its national flag", said Zahar. “The stripes on the flag are symbols of occupation. They signify Israel's borders stretching from the River Euphrates to the River Nile."

Israel’s national flag, a blue Star of David set between two blue stripes, was designed to resemble a Jewish prayer shawl which traditionally has stripes.

When asked whether the Hamas would renounce terrorism, Zahar said in a CNN interview, "What is the international definition of terrorism? When (Israeli planes) attack houses by F-16, just when they are using helicopters, when they are killing people and children and removing our agriculture system, this is terrorism."

Mofaz said the government’s policy towards Hamas must be clear. The Hamas, he said, “must annul their charter and disarm, and then we'll be facing a clearer reality," Mofaz said. The Hamas charter calls for the destruction of Israel.

An Israeli government official said that Egytian President Hosni Mubarak and Jordan’s King Abdullah are worried that the Hamas electoral victory might encourage radical Islamic groups in their own countries.

The Hamas’s ideology is based on that of the Moslem Brotherhood, a radical Moslem sect based in Egypt.

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni (Kadima) said she would be travelling to Egypt next Wednesday to discuss the Hamas victory with Mubarak.

As for the future of ruling PA chief Mahmoud Abbas, Zahar said the Hamas planned to work with Abbas, also called Abu Mazen, the name he used as a PLO terrorist.
Abbas, who heads the Fatah party, was elected head of the Palestinian Authority in a separate election. Legally, he can retain his post until finishing out a four-year term.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
"from the Nile to the Euphrates"...eventualy...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Too bad the "stripes" on the Israeli flag have NOTHING to do with a retarded urban legend about rivers, spread by anti-semities/anti-zionists.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Reminds me of those "American flag with fringe" nutjobs
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#5]

When asked whether the Hamas would renounce terrorism, Zahar said in a CNN interview, "What is the international definition of terrorism? When (Israeli planes) attack houses by F-16, just when they are using helicopters, when they are killing people and children and removing our agriculture system, this is terrorism.

In other words: NO

Without money coming in from the U.S. and Israel, Hamas is screwed.

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Israel to Hamas --
(((((( BOOM!! ))))))
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#7]
But their flag is so offensive to them. Israel needs to be more PC!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#8]
"What is the international definition of terrorism? When (Israeli planes) attack houses by F-16, just when they are using helicopters, when they are killing people and children and removing our agriculture"

No mention of guys boarding busses wearing bombs huh?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#9]
It's like a boiler waiting to explode over there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey now...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's like a boiler waiting to explode over there.

Sooner the better...I know whose side MY shekels are on!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#12]
It might be just the right time to let them take the initiative and let us back them up...the sooner the better.  Go after Hamas and Iran and don't mess around.

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe old but h.gif

Just to add couple more words with pics of middle-east : http://www.faithfreedom.org/gallery.htm
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Maybe old but

Just to add couple more words with pics of middle-east : http://www.faithfreedom.org/gallery.htm

Link is dead?

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#15]
They are using the same BS tactics the Minority groups used trying to get rid of the Confederate flag

Keep it Flying-
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Too bad the "stripes" on the Israeli flag have NOTHING to do with a retarded urban legend about rivers, spread by anti-semities/anti-zionists.  

Actually, I think that has some basis from parts of the Bible (Revelation, I think) describing the boundaries of the future kingdom of Israel.

Not the two stripes thing.  Don't know how they got that.

Not sure why the Palestinians would care either since they never owned part of Egypt or Iraq...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#17]
It's in Deuteronomy (11:24), and it's "the river to the western sea".

Larry
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I think that has some basis from parts of the Bible (Revelation, I think) describing the boundaries of the future kingdom of Israel.

Not sure why the Palestinians would care either since they never owned part of Egypt or Iraq...

The Jews only use the Torah, which are the 1st five books of the Bible.

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Change it to one of these

dropping ordnance on a mud hut.

ETA
Actually, this pic would make a pretty flag all by itself

Weren't there 9 tribes in ancient Israel? Can't remember.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Not true.  They use the entire OT.  The first 5 books are just the Pentatuch. Or something spelled very similarly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Deuteronomy 11:24 Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert [probably a reference to the Sinai desert, some distance from the Nile itself] to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the western sea [i.e. the eastern end of the Mediterranean].

(Similar language is used in Joshua and Exodus; this reference is the most clearly worded.)

It's unlikely Israel would use a New Testament book as a basis for anything.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Not true.  They use the entire OT.  The first 5 books are just the Pentatuch. Or something spelled very similarly.

Yes, you're right.  I was thinking of the Pentatuch, too.

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#23]

When asked whether the Hamas would renounce terrorism, Zahar said in a CNN interview, "What is the international definition of terrorism? When (Israeli planes) attack houses by F-16, just when they are using helicopters, when they are killing people and children and removing our agriculture system, this is terrorism."

WHAT agriculture?

ALL of "Palestine" is totally supported by money from the outside. There's no economy there, and the crops and greenhouses  they took over from Isreali settlers were destroyed by the Paleys when they took over in Gaza in a fit of...something or other. So yeah, they don't have agriculture.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I just did a Google search on that subject, out of curiosity.

Good Lord.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Israel: Hamas must STFU or prepare to be anihlated
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

WHAT agriculture?

ALL of "Palestine" is totally supported by money from the outside. There's no economy there, and the crops and greenhouses  they took over from Isreali settlers were destroyed by the Paleys when they took over in Gaza in a fit of...something or other. So yeah, they don't have agriculture.

Exactly.  They produce nothing but terrorism and misery.  It's their only reason for existing.  They are the leeches of the world, but even leeches had some medical value.  These people have zero.

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Hamas needs to lighten up...
Mall Ninjas have never objected to Isreal using a throwing star in thier flag.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

King David wouldn't approve of calling his Star a throwing star.

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What is the deal with that?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Change it to one of these

i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/callgood/kfir.jpg

dropping ordnance on a mud hut.

ETA
Actually, this pic would make a pretty flag all by itself

i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/callgood/kfir_2.jpg

Weren't there 9 tribes in ancient Israel? Can't remember.

There were 12 tribes.
I'm sure that the Izzy's would be happy to use
those same Kfir fighters in the pic to answer Hamas'
request in a more forceful way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

WHAT agriculture?

The thing is, the Israelis still control the water. The Palestinians may be sitting on the land, but Israel maintains the right to the water that flows from it. The fields and greenhouses are can't get water. The Israelis go in and destroy any Palestinian efforts to irrigate. Israel won't even let them dig wells.

It's the one big bone I have with the whole issue.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Golda Meyer once questioned the "Luck of the Jews" in finding the only oil-free homeland in the region.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Golda Meyer once questioned the "Luck of the Jews" in finding the only oil-free homeland in the region.

Well, Golda, take it up with God.  That's the land He gave to you!

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nah, the Euphrates is ours.[
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#36]
There were 12 tribes, but 10 are "lost."  

Israel was given the land from the Nile to the Euphrates.  I am a little fuzzy on the northern and southern borders.  Israel is supposed to own Bagdad.

One of the reasons that some Jews and Christians get upset with the "land for Peace" deals are that the land is for Israel to occupy, not to give away.  God did not give them permission to sell any of the Promised Land.

The Pallestinians, known in the Old Testment as the Philistines, are the desendents of Ismiel, who sold his birthright to Jacob for some soup.  God gave them some land, too, but they aren't in it now.  The Pallestinians are also thought to be the desendents of the people that Israel was supposed to wipe out when they took possession of the Promised Land.  Because they didn't kill them all thousands of years ago, the Jews have problems with them today.

The Old Testament is full of stories in which God told people to do something, and because they did not follow his orders, the situation was screwed up.

Please forgive the spelling errors.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I like Israel's flag.   it's pretty,  yet simple.

Then again, I also think Japan's WWII flag is pretty....

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#38]

"Bring it you assclowns!"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Israel was given the land from the Nile to the Euphrates.  I am a little fuzzy on the northern and southern borders.  Israel is supposed to own Bagdad.

Why would you post this after two of us have provided the quote, with citation, that says "river to the sea"?

Just curious.

Larry
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]
"We'll get right on that"

Israel----> <-----Hamas

GM
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm a bit surprised that Mofaz didn't specify the Jizya that Isreal is required to pay HAMAS each year. What kind of Caliphate is this anyhow
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I think you mean Esau, who was impersonated by his brother to gain his father's blessing for the firstborn.
     As for the Philistines, I have read where archaeologists speculate that the Philistines came across the sea from places like Crete..........hence the idol they worshipped called Dagon, with the upper half of a man and lower half of a fish.
   I have heard my grandmother say many times when I was a kid that because Saul refused to wipe out those who God told him to, Israel would have trouble until the End Times    

Quoted:
There were 12 tribes, but 10 are "lost."  

One of the reasons that some Jews and Christians get upset with the "land for Peace" deals are that the land is for Israel to occupy, not to give away.  God did not give them permission to sell any of the Promised Land.

The Pallestinians, known in the Old Testment as the Philistines, are the desendents of Ismiel, who sold his birthright to Jacob for some soup.  God gave them some land, too, but they aren't in it now.  The Pallestinians are also thought to be the desendents of the people that Israel was supposed to wipe out when they took possession of the Promised Land.  Because they didn't kill them all thousands of years ago, the Jews have problems with them today.

The Old Testament is full of stories in which God told people to do something, and because they did not follow his orders, the situation was screwed up.

Please forgive the spelling errors.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

You are forgeting the Talmut
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

You are forgeting the Talmut

You're probably right....I knew it was one of those words!

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#45]
The flag is fine.         Rivers..... my D#ck wants to laugh.    
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

God gave Israel that amount of land.  If they have a problem with it, they can take it up with Him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Ishmael lost out, and Israel was the inheritor.

That's why this problem exists still today and will until the Lord returns.  

HH
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#48]
How much you want to bet that within the next 3 months the Bush administration finds a way to circumvent US law and get money to the Palestinians?  I personally think it will happen in the next 30 days, but I give it 3 months at the outside.  They'll find some excuse, some middle man, that will follow the letter of the law but not the spirit.  So will the Euro's.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#49]
How do you say "MOLON LABE" in Hebrew ??
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Torah and Pentatuch are referring to basically the same thing...

The Torah (Hebrew, "law" or "doctrine"), in Judaism, is the Pentateuch, especially when in the form of a parchment scroll for reading in the synagogue. The Torah is the cornerstone of Jewish religion and law.

The Pentateuch is the five-fold volume, consisting of the first five books of the Old Testament. The books composing the Pentateuch are properly but one book, the "Law of Moses," the "Book of the Law of Moses," the "Book of Moses," or, as the Jews designate it, the "Torah" or "Law.

UNEDITED TO ADD...
I hope that Israel tells the Pallies (and the terrorist group Hamas) where they can put that request
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top