Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 7:27:31 AM EDT
When is it appropriate to put them up?

Wife wants to put them up tomorrow, I think it's a little to early.

What's the hive think?

Fury.

Also.....lets see some pics of your set ups, I know some of you guys get really into this.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Uhh... about the beginning of October?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
little early....but hey....at least you'll beat the Christmas decor....
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Unless you live in a Wal Mart tomorrow is kind of early.

I know, that's what I thought to.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Unless you live in a Wal Mart tomorrow is kind of early.

Even then you're late....break out the Thanksgiving stuff and have Christmas and Valentines next up and tell the Easter Bunny to get ready
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#6]
***UPDATE***

Mrs_Fury:

1st: if the stores are selling the stuff what am I supposed to do, buy it and let it sit in my house until October.
2nd: I like Halloween and I think it will look cool
3rd:  I'm sick of going through all the work to set decorations out for them to only be out for a month, I think I will have my Christmas decorations out in November through January too!

Eat It!

Also, I want to be the first one out with my decorations.

R_Fury:

Let the debate continue.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Guess she told us...OP better get to it after all SWMBO has spoken.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Wait, what?

Halloween decorations?  Like lights, jack-o-lanterns, graveyard hands sticking out of the lawn?

That stuff goes out the WEEK before Halloween,  unless you live in a trailer park.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I WOULD tell her to hold off on the punkin though!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wait, what?

Halloween decorations?  Like lights, jack-o-lanterns, graveyard hands sticking out of the lawn?

That stuff goes out the WEEK before Halloween,  unless you live in a trailer park.

I couldn't agree more.  I put this in the same category as leaving your Christmas decorations up until March.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What does that mean?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

***UPDATE***

Mrs_Fury:

1st: if the stores are selling the stuff what am I supposed to do, buy it and let it sit in my house until October.

3rd: I'm sick of going through all the work to set decorations out for them to only be out for a month, I think I will have my Christmas decorations out in November through January too!

Eat It!

Pics or GTFO!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
***UPDATE***

Mrs_Fury:

3rd: I'm sick of going through all the work to set decorations out for them to only be out for a month, I think I will have my Christmas decorations out in November through January too!

Eat It!

Pics or GTFO!

this (of wife)

couple days before is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Just b/c they're selling it doesn't mean it needs to be on your house.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that mean?

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

BTW - PICS!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#18]
She sure seems in a hurry to spend your money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#19]
do it
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
***UPDATE***

Mrs_Fury:

3rd:  I'm sick of going through all the work to set decorations out for them to only be out for a month, I think I will have my Christmas decorations out in November through January too!

Eat It!

R_Fury:

Let the debate continue.

1. I bought some skis in July. Should I have taken them up the mountain then?
2. It will look cool. In October near Halloween
3. Life is tough, and upsetting the holiday calendar is EVIL. It makes them less special.
4. No, you don't want to ever be the first one. It's like being the first girl in your high school class to get pregnant.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that mean?

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

BTW - PICS!

Aka...Household 6.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#22]
To get the most mileage without being asinine: when one holiday ends, the decor for the next one can go up, but no overlap.

So, tomorrow until 1 November, then up goes the Turkey stuff until Black Friday, and then it's tree time.

I haven't had Halloween decorations since I was a kid, I'd kinda like to do some stuff this year, it'd be fun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait, what?

Halloween decorations? Like lights, jack-o-lanterns, graveyard hands sticking out of the lawn?

That stuff goes out the WEEK before Halloween, unless you live in a trailer park.

I couldn't agree more. I put this in the same category as leaving your Christmas decorations up until March.
March?  There is a house a few neighborhoods over from me. They still have their Christmas lights up from last year. I think they never take them down.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Victory is mine!!!!!!!

Mrs_Fury concedes.....

"Halloween decorations will be placed October 1st, no later."

However......if anyone else on the block has them up, she will be putting them up as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I think 9/6 is a tad early, and would wait until about 9/21 myself.

But since Mrs. Fury hath spoken, there shall be no more debate on the subject!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey, It's still summer, for another 15 days anyway.

Halloween is my birthday, and I appreciate the celebration, but now's a bit early!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#27]
How about actual October.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wait, what?

I don't know if you have to wait till a week before halloween to not be considered trailer trash, but at the earliest I would wait till at least October 1st.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Victory is mine!!!!!!!

Mrs_Fury concedes.....

However......if anyone else on the block has them up, she will be putting them up as well.

Is she at any neighboring homes right now, discussing holiday decorations?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Victory is mine!!!!!!!
Mrs_Fury concedes.....

Is she at any neighboring homes right now, discussing holiday decorations?

I hadn't thought of that.   Maybe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#31]
The dead animals and cow guts would all be rotted to nothing if I put them out this early
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Halloween decorations?( UPDATE...Mrs_Fury speaks!!!!!!!!!!)

There better be a laptop in the kitchen, mister.

Joking aside, October 1st, ma'am.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
To get the most mileage without being asinine: when one holiday ends, the decor for the next one can go up, but no overlap.

So, tomorrow until 1 November, then up goes the Turkey stuff until Black Friday, and then it's tree time.

I haven't had Halloween decorations since I was a kid, I'd kinda like to do some stuff this year, it'd be fun.

No joke, last year when taking my daughter trick or treating I saw Christmas decorations gracing my neighbor's foyer when she opened her front door.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No joke, last year when taking my daughter trick or treating I saw Christmas decorations gracing my neighbor's foyer when she opened her front door.

I thought about that a few years ago just for shits and giggles.  Dressing up like Santa and putting up all kind of Christmas decor, and hand out candy canes to the trick or treaters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top