Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2004 3:44:31 AM EST
link

On the eve of a Republican National Convention invoking 9/11 symbols, sound bytes and imagery, half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of New York citizens overall say that some of our leaders "knew in advance that attacks were planned on or around September 11, 2001, and that they consciously failed to act," according to the poll conducted by Zogby International. The poll of New York residents was conducted from Tuesday August 24 through Thursday August 26, 2004. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of +/-3.5.

comment : LUNATIC FRINGE ALERT! ...... Another way to state the data represented by this poll:

49.3% New York Residents are insane!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:49:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 3:49:54 AM EST by StariVojnik]

No! REALLY???
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:08:58 AM EST
Those folks must know something that I don't know. They elected the Hillary Clinton to the USA Senate, that must say something to you?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:12:24 AM EST
I just spent a week in the Hamptons visiting my girlfriend's sister (a shrieking liberal bitch). Any residual sympathy I had for NYC after 9/11 is now dissipated. Those people are all insane, they pathologically hate GWB, to the point where they trust Saddam more than our President. WHen these people speak of the enemy, they mean Republicans, not Islamist Jihadists. We think Michael Moore is a demagogue and a buffoon, but they WORSHIP THE GROUND HE WALKS ON.
Fuck NYC. A cesspool of homos, communists, gun-haters, athiests and God only knows what else.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:14:18 AM EST

Fuck NYC. A cesspool of homos, communists, gun-haters, athiests and God only knows what else.

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:21:24 AM EST
Not surprising, it's NYC after all
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:53:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jeepster:
Fuck NYC.

You've got that right! I had to travel up to NYC several years back to take care of some affairs for
my late fiancee. Damn, I was never so glad to get out of a place before in my life!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:55:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 4:55:33 AM EST by California_Kid]
"You know how dumb the average person is. Well, half of them are DUMBER THAN THAT!"

- J.R. "Bob" Dobbs
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:25:18 AM EST
I don't think they really believe that. They just hate Bush enough to lie and say they do.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:26:24 AM EST
Not this part of NY (and not the part of me that maintains a residence in Manhattan.)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:25:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By renotse:
link

On the eve of a Republican National Convention invoking 9/11 symbols, sound bytes and imagery, half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of New York citizens overall say that some of our leaders "knew in advance that attacks were planned on or around September 11, 2001, and that they consciously failed to act," according to the poll conducted by Zogby International. The poll of New York residents was conducted from Tuesday August 24 through Thursday August 26, 2004. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of +/-3.5.

comment : LUNATIC FRINGE ALERT! ...... Another way to state the data represented by this poll:

Presidents and the media have failed to act before (Pearl Harbor) or even fabricated evidence to drum up support for a war. They have done this repeatedly througout history. Why would it be so unbelieveable that it's happening again? Because it's GWB and Republicans would NEVER lie as politicians have lied to people througout history? I'm not saying I think they DID know about it and consciously let it happen, but it wouldn't surprise me much if evidence surfaced in 40 years or so to indicate that's what happened.

By Jeepster
We think Michael Moore is a demagogue and a buffoon, but they WORSHIP THE GROUND HE WALKS ON.

I'd say many people on this board worship the ground Bush walks on while Democrats consider Bush a demagogue and buffoon. So who's the asshole?

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:31:16 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:31:24 AM EST

By Jeepster
We think Michael Moore is a demagogue and a buffoon, but they WORSHIP THE GROUND HE WALKS ON.

I'd say many people on this board worship the ground Bush walks on while Democrats consider Bush a demagogue and buffoon. So who's the asshole?

-Nick Viejo.

No, we don't worship the ground GWB walks on, we simply regard him with the respect which is properly owed to the Commander in Chief while our Country is under attack.

Hard for some people out there to understand the difference, I realize.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:31:46 AM EST
my experince with new yorkers tells me that they're not very intelligent. they think new york is the only place on earth and they're really disconnected from reality for the most part.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:33:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sierra_Hombre:
my experince with new yorkers tells me that they're not very intelligent. they think new york is the only place on earth and they're really disconnected from reality for the most part.

It is not that it is the only place on earth, just that it is it's center.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:34:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By N_Viejo:

-Nick Viejo.

The corollary being both men are equal. They are not.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:35:44 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:36:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 6:44:24 AM EST by RikWriter]

Originally Posted By N_Viejo:
Presidents and the media have failed to act before (Pearl Harbor) or even fabricated evidence to drum up support for a war. They have done this repeatedly througout history. Why would it be so unbelieveable that it's happening again?

Because there's very little evidence it happened before and even less that it happened this time. The closest we've come historically is the Maine incident and even that was more of a function of Yellow Journalism exaggerating the story than some presidential conspiracy.

Because it's GWB and Republicans would NEVER lie as politicians have lied to people througout history? I'm not saying I think they DID know about it and consciously let it happen, but it wouldn't surprise me much if evidence surfaced in 40 years or so to indicate that's what happened.

Sure would surprise me...but then I seem to have a firmer grasp on reality than you do.

That would be you. And the Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:45:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 7:46:38 AM EST by ColtM4]

I just spent a week in the Hamptons visiting my girlfriend's sister (a shrieking liberal bitch). Any residual sympathy I had for NYC after 9/11 is now dissipated. Those people are all insane, they pathologically hate GWB, to the point where they trust Saddam more than our President. WHen these people speak of the enemy, they mean Republicans, not Islamist Jihadists. We think Michael Moore is a demagogue and a buffoon, but they WORSHIP THE GROUND HE WALKS ON.

I can see that you are new to this board .

Conduct Code :

General Guidelines
1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

Keep your ignorance and prejudice to yourself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:46:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:47:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By warlord:
Those folks must know something that I don't know. They elected the Hillary Clinton to the USA Senate, that must say something to you?

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:51:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By ColtM4:

I can see that you are new to this board .

Conduct Code :

General Guidelines
1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

Keep your ignorance and prejudice to yourself.

Lighten up, Francis. Jeepster's rant is very mild compared to some we've witnessed here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:02:13 AM EST

I just spent a week in the Hamptons visiting my girlfriend's sister (a shrieking liberal bitch). Any residual sympathy I had for NYC after 9/11 is now dissipated. Those people are all insane, they pathologically hate GWB, to the point where they trust Saddam more than our President. WHen these people speak of the enemy, they mean Republicans, not Islamist Jihadists.

SHAME ON YOU

Why don't you get your facts straight before you start talking shit? The hamptons is on the eastern tip of long island 120 fucking miles away from the city, and is the playground for all the rich assholes from NYC, Jersey, and surrounding areas - . That is the equivelant of me going to Maine and condemning Boston for launching the planes that killed countless friends of mine.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet -

For you to condemn a whole city because of a few assholes is just plain ignorant, especially when you cite an area 120 FUCKING MILES away for reference. Didnt Michael Moore's career jump off in your state (roger & me)? Is Detroit devoid of "homos, communists, gun-haters, athiests and God only knows what else"? - guess what , they are everywhere, wake up.

He started his career in what State? What was that movie that launched this jerkoff into the spotlight? Thats right, "Roger and Me" - MICHIGAN

I'm not going to start a fight on a board, ill hod my tongue.
For the record - I was born and raised in NYC - I FUCKING HATE MICHAEL MOORE, I Support BUSH, I voted for him in 00. Did I mention I am a lifelong member of the NRA and I own alot of Guns?

I may not "like" every state in this country, I feel no need to bash any of them, as they are part of the USA. I think the bashing of any city in the USA is not only disrespectful, but Anti-American. Especially when it is dished by someone who visited an area 3 hours away.

Your post was out of line. Jeepster, you owe all of NY an apology. Everyone in the tri state area should back me up on this, you want to hate the Hamptons? FINE -I cant afford a million dollar house like your girlfriend's sister. Next time, drive 3 hours west before you shoot your mouth off.

I would be dissapointed if every NYer on this board didnt back me up here. Even non NY'ers - You don't condemn a city you have not been to, "Fuck NYC?" Ignorant.

- AND BTW- we dont need your residual sympathy -
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:06:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By swankforce:

I just spent a week in the Hamptons visiting my girlfriend's sister (a shrieking liberal bitch). Any residual sympathy I had for NYC after 9/11 is now dissipated. Those people are all insane, they pathologically hate GWB, to the point where they trust Saddam more than our President. WHen these people speak of the enemy, they mean Republicans, not Islamist Jihadists.

SHAME ON YOU

Why don't you get your facts straight before you start talking shit? The hamptons is on the eastern tip of long island 120 fucking miles away from the city, and is the playground for all the rich assholes from NYC, Jersey, and surrounding areas - . That is the equivelant of me going to Maine and condemning Boston for launching the planes that killed countless friends of mine.

For you to condemn a whole city because of a few assholes is just plain ignorant, especially when you cite an area 120 FUCKING MILES away for reference. Didnt Michael Moore's career jump off in your state (roger & me)? Is Detroit devoid of "homos, communists, gun-haters, athiests and God only knows what else"? - guess what , they are everywhere, wake up.

He started his career in what State? What was that movie that launched this jerkoff into the spotlight? Thats right, "Roger and Me" - MICHIGAN

For the record - I was born and raised in NYC - I FUCKING HATE MICHAEL MOORE, I Support BUSH, I voted for him in 00. Did I mention I am a lifelong member of the NRA and I own alot of Guns?

I may not "like" every state in this country, I feel no need to bash any of them, as they are part of the USA. I think the bashing of any city in the USA is not only disrespectful, but Anti-American. Especially when it is dished by someone who visited an area 3 hours away.

Your post was out of line. Jeepster, you owe all of NY an apology. Everyone in the tri state area should back me up on this, you want to hate the Hamptons? FINE -I cant afford a million dollar house like your girlfriend's sister. Next time, drive 3 hours west before you shoot your mouth off.

I would be dissapointed if every NYer on this board didnt back me up here. Even non NY'ers - You don't condemn a city you have not been to, "Fuck NYC?" Ignorant.

i don't know, i think he's pretty much dead on here. i visit nyc frequently. the people there don't have a clue. of course there are exceptions, but the majority i barely consider american.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:07:47 AM EST

Lighten up, Francis. Jeepster's rant is very mild compared to some we've witnessed here.

No need to call the prinipal, I agree, but jeepsters rant obviously hit a nerve. Those of us that were there that day and lost love ones don't appreciate people using 9-11 as a pivot point for a rant.

Coupled with that nonsense he spewed about the jihadist, I dont blame ColtM4 for throwing that in his face.

again - he drew conclusions from visiting an area 3 hours from Manhattan, that would explain alot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:13:13 AM EST

i don't know, i think he's pretty much dead on here. i visit nyc frequently. the people there don't have a clue. of course there are exceptions, but the majority i barely consider american.

You are entitled to your opinion, Im sure if I visited Arkansas I would find everyone there "has a clue?".

I just saw a great documentary on HBO, it was the follow up about gang banging in Little Rock, I guess all of Little Rock is made up of gangs. What set do you roll with homie?

WEST SIIIIIIDE -lol

Last time i checked, there are people everywhere that - "don't have a clue" -
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:16:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By hielo:
(and not the part of me that maintains a residence in Manhattan.)

And how big is the shitter there?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:20:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By CavVet:

Originally Posted By hielo:
(and not the part of me that maintains a residence in Manhattan.)

And how big is the shitter there?

All rather small, but completely servicable. Nothinglike being home for a good soak, a few laps and then a steam.

But when you gotta take a dump, it really doesn't matter, as long as it goes away when you are done. Right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:20:20 AM EST

You are entitled to your opinion, Im sure if I visited Arkansas I would find everyone there "has a clue?".

I just saw a great documentary on HBO, it was the follow up about gang banging in Little Rock, I guess all of Little Rock is made up of gangs. What set do you roll with homie?

WEST SIIIIIIDE -lol

Last time i checked, there are people everywhere that - "don't have a clue" -

actually it's eastside, motherfucker. j/k

i'm speaking generally here. as far as reality goes, yes, you would find that people in arkansas have more of a clue than the ultra-liberals in nyc who forget there are forty-nine other states and a whole 'nother world out there. the hatred of bush and the absence of logic in nyc is disturbing and sad.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:22:13 AM EST

... as far as reality goes, yes, you would find that people in arkansas have more of a clue than....

Stop right there.

You're just being silly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:23:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

... as far as reality goes, yes, you would find that people in arkansas have more of a clue than....

Stop right there.

You're just being silly.

lol, in most cases you'd probably be right.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:27:13 AM EST
I am a life long resident of NYS & I have lived a 10-minute drive from the Manhattan for most of my life. I have spent LOTS of time in NYC proper, and I am constantly exposed to its media outlets.

The statement "Fuck NYC. A cesspool of homosexuals, communists, gun-haters, atheists and God only knows what else" does not offend me in the least. It is very much based in the TRUTH, and it one of the primary reasons why my wife & I are looking to move out of this seriously screwed up state!

As long as NYC dominates the politics & purse strings of this state, I will strive to raise my family elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:30:02 AM EST

actually it's eastside, motherfucker. j/k
LOL

i'm speaking generally here. as far as reality goes, yes, you would find that people in arkansas have more of a clue than the ultra-liberals in nyc who forget there are forty-nine other states and a whole 'nother world out there. the hatred of bush and the absence of logic in nyc is disturbing and sad.

You see that, now I agree with you - The ultra-liberals are here. and they suck. Notice how conveyed that thought and a Ny er agreed with you. What does that tell you? We arent all bad -
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:30:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 8:32:29 AM EST by Cincinnatus]
I wish people would remember a few things:

1) Most people who own their own homes in NYC are Republicans.

2) Most cops and Firefighters in NYC are Republicans.

3) There are still a couple of million MORE Republicans in NYC than there are in AR, AL, and ID.

It's a shame that Republicans are the minority in NYC, but that's life.

Someday, Little Rock will be a much bigger city. Then AR will be a Liberal State.
Same with AZ, NV, CO, NM, etc.
As these urban centers grow, these states and others will become Liberal.
So what will you do, leave?
Then bad-mouth the state of your father and ancestors from afar?
Or will you stay and fight?

So much for "States Rights" folks, huh?
Pack up and leave when Hillary wins POTUS, or stay and fight?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:37:58 AM EST

I am a life long resident of NYS & I have lived a 10-minute drive from the Manhattan for most of my life. I have spent LOTS of time in NYC proper, and I am constantly exposed to its media outlets.

The statement "Fuck NYC. A cesspool of homosexuals, communists, gun-haters, atheists and God only knows what else" does not offend me in the least. It is very much based in the TRUTH, and it one of the primary reasons why my wife & I are looking to move out of this seriously screwed up state!

As long as NYC dominates the politics & purse strings of this state, I will strive to raise my family elsewhere.

So you aren't offended that he went and partied in the HAMPTONS and drew conclussions to NYC? I am empathetic - Hell - I moved to Connecticut last year. I still think his statement was out of line. I think making a generalization like that is ignorant.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:42:59 AM EST
I agree.
NYC is great, if you know it and use it well.
Best food, best culture, hottest women.

Sure, there is bad food, vile culture, and sneering elitist dykes, TOO.

But we just avoid that. It's not too hard.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is the World's greatest.
Then stop at Katz's for some Pastrami. Later we'll go to Peter Lugar's for the best Porterhouse the world has to offer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:05:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 11:05:47 AM EST by Helldog40]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:11:11 AM EST
Half of New Yorkers Believe US Leaders Had Foreknowledge of Impending 9-11 Attacks

Half of New Yorkers are urine colored geeks who got onto the country the same way shit gets under a door when the toilet backs up. No surprises here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:13:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By Helldog40:

Later we'll go to Peter Lugar's for the best Porterhouse the world has to offer.

Hey Cinci, while I agree that Lugar's has DAMN NEAR PERFECT Porterhouse, next time you're in the 'burbs, give me a call....I know a place in Port Chester that gives them a run for their money AND the wait staff is actually attentive AND pleasant.

Now, as for Jeepster:

Going to cavort with the glitterati in the Hamptons (which, by the way, is NOT in NYC but on the East End of LawnGuyLand) and extrapolating to presume that all of the metro area is similar is akin to going to Booger Holler, Arkansas (which, I believe, is a location as "real" as the Hamptons) and spouting off that ALL of Arkansas is a bunch of inbred hicks with an average IQ of 70 and an average dental endowment of 14.

Generalizations are simply that. They are also painfully ignorant.

Now, that being said, in as polite a manner as I know how, I will address your comment regarding your personal "residual sympathy for 9/11".

Speaking as one who was there for ten weeks, I'll just try and be brief and to the point:

Take your "sympathy" and shove it as deep up your stupid ass as you possibly can.

Fuck you.....fuck you where you fucking breathe you flaming asshole.

When the NEXT attack happens, stay safe in your little shit hole, don't light a candle, don't shed a tear, and most of all, don't even think of donating blood or money or anything else. Just sit back and watch how all the liberals get pushed to the side and men with bigger balls than you go in and get the job done.

There, I think that about sums it up.

damn, take that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:31:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:40:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 11:42:45 AM EST by THEMURPH]

damn, take that.

+1

Word advice, keep your ignorant 9-11 remarks to yourself. There are people here like Helldog and others who dug through the ruble trying to save people, and later find bodies. There were some like me who lost dozens of friends that day, and but for the grace of God, I left NYC around 6:30 that morning. I was staying in the WTC Marriott and my meating at 9:00 was in the conference room one of the jets struck. We finished early the day before, so I left early to get back to the office in Albany. When I walked into the office my staff looked at me like I was a ghost because they thought I was in the tower when it was hit and calls to the WTC office obviously did not go through.

I was down there two days after helping our employees' families with the transition of accepting their loved ones might not come back, providing for their needs while having the secondary duty of establishing auxilary offices because we still had a responsibility to serve the people and businesses of NYC. I haven't forgotten the smell from burning flesh and buildings... and I don't have a fucking clue how people like Mark went there say in and day out for months on end.

So I echo Mark when I ask you to kindly shut the fuck up.

+2

YEA HE DEF. NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:51:14 AM EST

I work in the Hamptons everyday and these people you speak of do not in any way shape or form represent ANY part of this or any other state in the union. The Hamtonites who by the way come from NYC, NJ, CT and many other states and contries are only interested in where the next party is and where the next opportunity to get photographed might arise. Next time you visit a location and decide to make ridiculous inane generalizations I suggest you get out and see some of the genuine locals who actually live there YEAR ROUND. Now as for your inbred gin soaked mongoloid statement that your residual sympathy has dissipated........well SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO AWAY! We don't need your sunshine sympathy and I'm proud to know that if the SHTF here again there are plenty of real men and women ready to respond as they did so selflessly on 9/11/01
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:56:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By Petruchio:

Half of New Yorkers are urine colored geeks who got onto the country the same way shit gets under a door when the toilet backs up. No surprises here.

Dude - read the CoC now, or just leave and save the staff the trouble of locking your account if you cannot behave.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:57:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Originally Posted By Petruchio:

Dude - read the CoC now, or just leave and save the staff the trouble of locking your account if you cannot behave.

lol, the european guy said dude!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:08:24 PM EST
I'm a NY'er and damn proud to say so also. There might come a time when I leave NY. But i will always be a NY'er. Its a great state with great people in it- Helldog and the rest of the NYAR15 CREW come to mind. As a matter of fact if the SHTF I wouldn't wanna be with a different bunch of guys!! I'm sure we'll kill more martians than you guys anyway
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:13:21 PM EST
When do we get to start bashing Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:13:25 PM EST

SHAME ON YOU

+1 from an Upstate New Yorker
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:43:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By Helldog40:

Later we'll go to Peter Lugar's for the best Porterhouse the world has to offer.

Hey Cinci, while I agree that Lugar's has DAMN NEAR PERFECT Porterhouse, next time you're in the 'burbs, give me a call....I know a place in Port Chester that gives them a run for their money AND the wait staff is actually attentive AND pleasant.

Brother, I was RAISED on Lugar's Porterhouse.
"Pleasant" service will detract from the flavor of the dry-aged goodness, as far as I'm concerned.

I like to do a tour of "surly" NY eateries.

Katz's
The Oyster Bar
Lugar's
etc.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:45:05 PM EST
COC rules prevent me from repying to this post the way I want to......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:49:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 12:54:15 PM EST by swankforce]
There is something about those 100 year old oven at Lugars, they age the steak just right.

Cincinnatus - if you want better service, ask for a menu - the waiters love that .

Did you here about that Lugers waiter, costantine, worked there for 30 years, and just opened a steak joint on Park Ave South. My pop told me it was a dupe of lugers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:53:50 PM EST

Half of New Yorkers Believe US Leaders Had Foreknowledge of Impending 9-11 Attacks

Petruchio -
You are one of the dumbest people I have yet to come across on the entire internet, ever. You are a fucking faceless copy & paste robot.

Why dont you add somethingoriginal you fucking jack ass
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top