Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 10:41:50 AM EDT
So I bought Half-Life 2 when it was released, but I didn't play it for a long time due to my schedule, etc. Well, I've been playing it a bit this week and I must say it has to be one of the best games ever made.  The story is cool, the graphics are INCREDIBLE, the gameplay is solid, and the level design and enemies are scary. Especially "We Don't Go To Ravenholm...". That chapter was freaky. Especially at midnight in a dark room.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You had to go and do it ... get me started on Half Life or VEPRs and you will have a conversation till 100AM. The first installment of the game was ahead of its time and I can play it today and enjoy it as much as alot of the new stuff out now.

We dont go to ravenholm was kinda like being transfered to a Resident Evil title on steroids. It just makes you feel like "oh f#$k!! let me the hell out of here!" The game's graphics albiet amazing take a back seat to the makers' evident ability to set a mood which range from being caught in a wierd sci fi B movie to viva la resistance fighting to being caught in a nightmare creature feature. Valve's staff is the apitome of computer entertainment talent. This is one hell of a title ... just not long enough IMHO. Enjoy!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but Valve is releasing new content (including Day of Defeat Source and some single player levels) on Steam within the next several months.  A lot of people here hate it, but I like Steam, easy access to new content, and it auto-updates, so you always have the latest version of the game.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The Half Life series is still by far my all time favorite games, especially HL2.

We dont' go to Ravenholm is my favorite part in HL2!  Makes me want to take out the BF2 disc out of my drive and spin it up again.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you liked the "Ravenholm" section of HL2 -- or are just a zombie junkie in general -- be sure to check out the old "They Hunger" mods for the original Half-Life.

Download here, among other places.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
yes,i must agree,ravenholm was fun,very fun.am i the only person who used the grav gun or whatever it was called almost solely during that part of the game?it was just so fun to shoot large hunks of metal at things. not to mention,there wasn't all that much ammo lying around,i don't think? can't quite remember,haven't played in a while.and one other question: did anyone use the weapons much,if at all,after they got the pheropods for the antlions?i'd love to know...they were just so damned fun!!!

oh,and yeah...i consider it on par with HL1,though different in quite a few cool ways. you're right,Valve is GREAT!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top