Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 5:09:16 AM EST
Linky

Haley Barbour Enters the 2012 Thicket
While much of the 2012 buzz has centered around Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich, especially over the last 24 hours, here's another name surfacing as a Republican contender: Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour.

The Republican Party of New Hampshire sent out an invitation today promoting an "evening with Haley Barbour" on June 24. The $500-per-person event is being hosted by state GOP party chairman John Sununu, the former governor and White House chief of staff under President George H.W. Bush.

As Chris Cillizza, a.k.a. "the Fix," reported last month, Barbour's reason in going to New Hampshire –– following a trip to Iowa –– is ostensibly to help raise money for New Hampshire Republicans. But the June 24 fundraiser could carry undertones of a you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours arrangement between Barbour and Sununu.

As one GOP operative who forwarded today's invitation to the Sleuth put it, "Here's Haley Barbour making some 2012 moves. When you start going to Iowa and New Hampshire, the writing's on the wall."
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:12:25 AM EST
He's a damn good governor. I don't know if he can beat Obama though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:12:55 AM EST
Don't know shit about him. Awaiting info.

Did Google his image expecting hotness, not penis.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:22:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 5:23:31 AM EST by Rattle_Snake]
Originally Posted By mcooper:

I know very little about the man but if obama keeps up with these fuck ups. I say he has a very good chance if they play hardball with the Democratic party, not the passive BS that McCain did.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:18:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 6:20:47 AM EST by davis9588]
Haley has done more for Mississippi than any other governor in the past. He is a no bull-shit, straightforward kinda guy.

I don't know if the rest of the States will endorse him, he does exhude that "Good Ole Boy" persona.(including the Southern Drawl most of us have down here...)

On a plus side, he did manage to piss off Mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans, and then gov Kathleen Babblin Blanco after Katrina...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:21:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 6:22:00 AM EST by --bullseye--]
I met him back in 2006 when he was doing some campaigning for a Republican candidate for governor in WI. Talked with him for only about a minute, but he seemed like a good guy.

He does have a thick Southern accent though...not sure how well he'll do nation wide.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:23:30 AM EST

Nobody can until the budget collapse starts or fuel prices skyrocket... It's a timing question...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:24:58 AM EST
Seems like a good guy, but in this day and age, he's got no chance in hell on the national level.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:24:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By davis9588:
Haley has done more for Mississippi than any other governor in the past. He is a no bull-shit, straightforward kinda guy.

I don't know if the rest of the States will endorse him, he does exhude that "Good Ole Boy" persona.(including the Southern Drawl most of us have down here...)

On a plus side, he did manage to piss off Mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans, and then gov Kathleen Babblin Blanco after Katrina...

This.

Instead of sniveling and whining like Nagin and Blanco, he took charge and let his state out of that crisis.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:27:58 AM EST

That sums it up.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:57:46 AM EST
I thinking the racial undertones in that campaign will be strong.

-K
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:54:41 AM EST
Obama will not run for re election.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:55:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By Hebrew_Battle_Rifle:

How do you figure that?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:57:02 AM EST

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:58:49 AM EST

HH
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:59:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rattle_Snake:

I know very little about the man but if obama keeps up with these fuck ups. I say he has a very good chance if they play hardball with the Democratic party, not the passive BS that McCain did.

barry obama could be video taped fucking a Fort Worth sow and Haley Barber couldn't beat him.

yawn

5sub
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:02:06 AM EST

i agree...110%
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:03:59 AM EST
Awsome I loved her in Cat women !

Palin 2012!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:04:13 AM EST

barry obama is a liberal ideologue and if he gets his agenda through in the first four years he just may NOT run again.

5sub
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:05:01 AM EST

I believe we'll need a crowbar to get him out of the white house, after he loses an election, or eight years.

He ain't gonna step down voluntarily
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:05:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By morghealbot:

i agree...110%

I like how you think .but I'm not sure it is accurate ,Why wouldnt he run in 2012 ?

Unless he changes the Constitution and does away with Elections .
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:07:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By hotbiggun42:

Palin 2012!

Neither in your dreams nor my nightmares. Fork her......she's done.

5sub
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:07:51 AM EST

Are you banking on his various czars joining forces and corronating a new king or that his adherence to the Cloward and Piven strategy will destroy the country before 2012?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:08:46 AM EST

Are you kidding? That guy is so arrogant he'd probably try to extend Presidential term limits.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:10:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By 5subslr5:

Palin 2012!

5sub

She is the Consevatives choice at this point in time . And the Liberals worst Nightmare !

Palin 2012

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:11:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:

Palin 2012!

5sub

She is the Consevatives choice at this point in time . And the Liberals worst Nightmare !

Palin 2012

I'm gonna hold out for a candidate with an IQ higher than European room temperature in the winter.

5sub
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:15:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By motown_steve:

+

Obama would run for reelection even if he had a 1% approval rating and half the country was demanding his execution. He's just that much of an egomaniac.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:44:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Frost7:

+

Obama would run for reelection even if he had a 1% approval rating and half the country was demanding his execution. He's just that much of an egomaniac.

Laugh all you want. Just book mark or otherwise save the addy for this thread. We'll see.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:58:10 AM EST

+

Obama has used the same game plan as Carter, he will use the same exit.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:02:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 10:03:59 AM EST by Frost7]
Originally Posted By Rabon:

+

Obama has used the same game plan as Carter, he will use the same exit.

Exactly. He'll run for reelection and get his ass handed to him even though the media has proclaimed his challenger to be World's Biggest Dunce and America to be Dead By Way of Nuke within two months of the challenger being elected.

All the media spin in the world couldn't stop people from seeing through Carter's bullshit after four years. I see signs of that becoming true with Obama already. A moderate Democrat family member was just recently voicing how much he hates Obama and that he think if Obama goes much further, we need to start thinking of ways to resist. This from a guy who usually never even talks politics at all.

As another poster's sigline puts it, Obama is burning through political capital faster than weed at a rock concert.

That won't stop Comrade President from running again, though, mark my words. About the only thing I think would dissuade His Egoness from running again would be a rebel army advancing unopposed on Washington, D.C. Barring that, he'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:19:18 AM EST

Obama's win wasn't by a landslide, and I'm guessing there are enough people with buyer's remorse that he wouldn't win if the same election were held today.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:27:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Obama's win wasn't by a landslide, and I'm guessing there are enough people with buyer's remorse that he wouldn't win if the same election were held today.

+1

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:32:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 10:34:19 AM EST by IshootARs]

This.

Dictators reappoint themselves for life.

If there is an election, he will run un-opposed.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:47:10 AM EST
Haley Barber was the Chairman of the RNC during the Klinton years, and was a genuine conservative. Articulate and thoughful in front of the cameras, he's able to give a coherent answer much better than "Dubya" could.

He is most definitely a viable candidate. His performance during Katrina absolutely embarrased the state of Louisiana. MS suffered a ton of damage from that storm, but his response to it was also a significant achievment as the sitting Governor.

Gov. Palin would find a friend in a Barber Administration-perhaps as the Secretary of Energy....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:01:56 AM EST
The GOP and the American people aren't going to snooze through the next election. Obama will have his work cut out for him. Personally, if they ran Charles Manson against Obama, I would vote for him. I really think he would do a better job and has slightly more sense.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:07:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 11:24:00 AM EST by 1776-1865_RIP]
Originally Posted By IshootARs:

This.

Dictators reappoint themselves for life.

If there is an election, he will run un-opposed.

By then ACORN will be able to safely deliver a more substancial victory.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:17:34 AM EST

+

Laugh all you want. Just book mark or otherwise save the addy for this thread. We'll see.

He's saying the President will be assassinated. Read between the lines.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:09:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By dcdreamboat:

+

That is a lie.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:18:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By PantherArms762:
Don't know shit about him. Awaiting info.

Did Google his image expecting hotness, not penis.

same here.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:20:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 1:20:49 PM EST by Frost7]

+

No, read the line itself. I'm saying if Obama fucked up so badly that he had a 1% approval rating and half of the country literally wanted to see him hanged, his humongous ego would still compel him to run.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you were talking about HBR, not me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:27:37 PM EST

+

That is clearly a COC violation . I dislike obama as much as the next guy but Assassination ? No way .

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:40:39 PM EST

+

That is clearly a COC violation . I dislike obama as much as the next guy but Assassination ? No way .

A CLEAR violation huh? Can you FREAKIN READ? Can you think for yourself? If you really think that what I posted is a clear violation of the CoC, then report it. Put your name on it and report it. Don't wait. do it now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:42:13 PM EST

+

A CLEAR violation huh? Can you FREAKIN READ? Can you think for yourself? If you really think that what I posted is a clear violation of the CoC, then report it. Put your name on it and report it. Don't wait. do it now.

+1

I think you guys are taking his remark way the fuck outta context.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:48:11 PM EST

+

Relax I'm just messing around ! I did read your post and I don't understand dreamboats interpetation of what you posted .
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:03:52 PM EST

Haley is well respected here. We don't seem to have the drama

or headache that the rest of the coutry is burden with. The only

time there are any issues and crap is because someone left

the TV on Fox or CNN. As soon as you cut it off, things are

back to normal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:24:50 PM EST
If I could pick and choose my candidates today here's who I would pick:

(1) Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina

(2) Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska

(3) Thaddeus (Thad) McCotter, U.S. Congressman from Michigan

Between now and 2012, the above list will, most likely, grow and retract numerous times but, for now, this is my list.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:32:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By ElevenO:

Between now and 2012, the above list will, most likely, grow and retract numerous times but, for now, this is my list.

Good guy, but I think we're seeing right now why we shouldn't have presidents who came from Congress. Give me somebody who's run a state or at least a business and knows how to organize and delegate.

Serving as the executive and serving in the legislature have practically nothing in common. It's like piloting rotary-wing versus fixed-wing... only thing you really have in common is both take place in the air.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:03:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By ElevenO:

Good guy, but I think we're seeing right now why we shouldn't have presidents who came from Congress. Give me somebody who's run a state or at least a business and knows how to organize and delegate.

Serving as the executive and serving in the legislature have practically nothing in common. It's like piloting rotary-wing versus fixed-wing... only thing you really have in common is both take place in the air.

I just don't want Palin and Sanford on the same ticket in 2012, and I think that's a real possibility.

I have great expectations for a Sanford presidency.

Top Top