Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/19/2004 6:40:46 PM EST
Has anyone used any sort of hair regrowth products?
My fiancee's cousin used Nioxin and had good results. I heard that if you use rogaine, as soon as you quit using it, you lose the hair you regrew.
Anyone ever used any?

Yes, my hair is thinning, I'm still young (24 in 3 weeks) and it's a little embarrasing. Any body that's used it care to share?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:41:16 PM EST
Shave it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:51:56 PM EST
+1 for shave it.....I have shaved my head since the 8th grade and my hair falling out would only help me out
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:58:15 PM EST
Bald is beautiful unless its your head.

We went to he beach and I had a splitting headache. I couldnt get rid or of it. I took motrin and nothing. I went inside and looked at the top of my head and the balding spot was sunburned!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:04:11 PM EST
Buy a Wahl.

Attach the #1 or #2 comb.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz­zzzzzzzzzzzz

You will love it. She'll love yu.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:05:12 PM EST
I dont know if I'll even run into that problem, Im pissed my hair to too thick.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:09:09 PM EST
How do I stop hair growth, tired of shaving my melon everyday
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:14:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2004 7:15:17 PM EST by MT_Pockets]
You don't need hair...I haven't needed it for almost 10 years.

I wish it would never grow back.

MT
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:24:14 PM EST
Rogaine and similar products will, at best, slow down hair loss. Rarely if ever do they regrow any hair. Once you stop using those products, your hair will start to fall out faster than it did before. If you can seriously commit yourself to using Rogaine or Propicia or similar products EVERY SINGLE DAY AS DIRECTED and can afford the 50-75 dollar a month cost, then good luck.

If you don't want to bother, then you can shave your head.

A fully shaved head is better than a balding one, but let's not kid ourselves here. Neither is better than a full head of hair.

Hair transplantation is another alternative but obviously far more expensive. Most men need 2-3 sessions and each one has a nominal cost of around five grand. You get what you pay for so a good doctor with experience is critical. The majority of men who have this (and who went to good doctor) are quite happy with the results.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:26:34 PM EST
I used to bitch about the hair falling out but once I shaved my head the morning routine goes a lot quicker, plus a goatee mustache looks meaner with a bald head
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:27:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2004 7:27:40 PM EST by twonami]
oops
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:23:45 PM EST
I'm only a year older than you and I've noticed a widow's peak starting to form recently... V- shaped hairlines run in the family. No one notices cuz my hair naturally falls forward, but it scares me though.

I've been using a specially-made minoxidil formula called Xandrox 15 for the past couple of months and it appears to be working. Not sure if my juvenile hairline will ever be restored, but the hairs in the treated areas do grow even though they may not have the full thickness as when you were a teen. It's a 1x/day treatment and you can get it from a guy named Dr. Lee @ minoxidil.com.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:28:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:48:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2004 8:49:10 PM EST by raven]
Rogaine worked for me when I was about your age. It did grow hair back (after several months of assiduous application) but I started losing it again after I stopped. It's a pain to put that crap in 2x a day, makes your hair greasy, and it smells like booze. People would tell me I reeked of alcohol, I lied that I was drinking the night before rather than admit I was using Rogaine. But it DOES grow hair.

What really works well is Proscar, cut into quarters with a pill splitter. It's the same drug as Propecia, just a bigger dose. It stops hair loss within a week.
Top Top