Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 9:23:30 PM EDT
So heres the scoop. Ive got a receding hair line and dont like it. What can I do about it.
No jokes please, I dont need your bald ass making fun at me.

AVACORE?
MINOXADIL?
SHAVING IT OFF IS NOT AN OPTION!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
comb over ?

really man , I see no problem with going with what nature intended , I say F*ck it ...go bald

t
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
"Shaving it off is not an option"

You may want to reconsider your thoughts on this...

As traumatic as it may seem at first, you will learn to love it...

I started losing my hair when I was single and in my early 20's.
Fought it for several years, with different hairstyles, hats, etc...

I finally realized it only made me look like a goof trying to fight a losing battle...

At the suggestion of many, including single women, I finally shaved my head and grew a gotee...

My wife now says it makes me look "mean-n-sexy"...

I'm now 35, and love being bald...
I actually shave my head once a week or so with the electric trimmers, just to keep it short...
Never liked the raczor blade feel...
I prefer the military buzz cut...

Just 2 cents from someone who's been there...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
This really works.  No bullshit.  Take this drug regularly, and hair stops falling out.  I have a twin brother.  I use it, he doesn't, and I have kept much more of my hair.

The drug in Propecia is Finasteride.  There's another product called Proscar for the prostate that is in 5mg doses of Finasteride which is cheaper than 1mg doses of Propecia.  You buy a pill splitter from this company, and split the 5mg Proscar tablets into quarters.  $165 for 40 weeks, no prescription needed.  I've bought from them for about 2 years, they're totally legit and the drug works.  Stops hair loss.

[url]http://www.propecia-proscar.com/proscar_details.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You might want to give [url=www.propecia.com/propecia/cns/site_guide.html]Propecia[/url] a try.  

Be warned however, one of the most common side effects is loss of sex drive.

The choice is yours, hair or bush!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You might want to give [url=www.propecia.com/propecia/cns/site_guide.html]Propecia[/url] a try.  

Be warned however, one of the most common side effects is loss of sex drive.

The choice is yours, hair or bush!
View Quote

I use that drug, and my sex drive doesn't suffer.  When you start taking it, though, your testicles ache. Your body gets used to the drug though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The loss of sex drive due to Propecia happens in less than 2% of the cases.  But reporting on it really hurt the sales of the drug.  If you really care, give it a try. Lotta money though.  

I've been losing mine but don't really care that much anymore.  Guess being married I don't have to impress. [;)] I had my head shaved for a few months and really liked it.  Will probably go back to that if it really falls out bad.  

Haven't tried the Avocor.  There is probably a website that can tell you if it really works or not.  Good luck, I remember how much it sucked when I cared about it, then Propecia was still five years away and I kept thinking "why can't it be out now?"
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Reconsider shaving it, I just shaved my head a little over a week ago (I had hair past my shoulders) and I love it. Its way easier to deal with and the chicks love it. I've had more women hit on me in the past week than in the previous year, I'm married though so thats a no go.

No shampoo
No waiting for hair to dry
Showers take about 2 minutes
No "Bed Head"
Saves $$$ on barbers
The ladies love it!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#8]
When there is a magical pill that will re-grow my hair overnight, I will give it a try...

Until then, I prefer to stay with the buzzcut.

I honestly don't think I would like having a full head of hair again.
Too much maintenance.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
NO shaved head, I've done that before when I was a younger. I have a cone head. nuf said.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Finasteride doesn't regrow hair, it just prevents what you have from falling out (very effectively)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Raven...

From the Merck/Propecia web site...
Can PROPECIA increase as well as maintain my hair count?

At 24 months, 66% of the men in our studies regrew hair at the top of the head (vs 7% with placebo) as determined by an expert panel of dermatologists. An assessment by the study investigators rated 80% of men on PROPECIA as improved (vs 47% with placebo). This was not just “peach fuzz,” but real hair—and growth occurred in both the vertex (at top of the head) and anterior mid-scalp area. There is not sufficient evidence that PROPECIA works for recession at the temporal areas.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Neither Propecia nor Rogaine will regrow or stop hair loss from receding hair line.  Mine is thinning is in the back. (So much for Male Pattern Baldness coming from the mother's gene, no one on that side loses their hair.) I started using generic Rogaine about this time last year.  It takes about two and a half months but it works.  My dumbass quit using it for five months and a shitload has fallen out.  I'm using it again, but it's gonna take a while for much to grow back.  It gives me dandruff and makes my scalp itch like a mother.  I think I'm gonna try finasteride like Raven said.  I shaved my head when I was twenty then went to a high and tight.  I got married and I shaved my head, then went back to high and tight. Got divorced and shaving isn't an option for me either. Now with two weeks growth the thinning is noticible.

TS
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link to hair regrowth drug report:

[url]www.berkeleywellness.com/html/ds/dsAvacor.php[/url]

TS
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Nothing looks dopier than a combover and the bald look is too trendy. Close cropped hair with a receding hairline looks best.

A man, as he ages, looks silly with a full head of hair unless he's Caesar Romero.

Hair loss is related in part to a hormone called DHT which is a byproduct of testosterone. That should make you pleased!!

TT [coffee]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#16]
live with it.

I tried the Minoxadil and found out the hard way it has side effects.  after talking with many people in my system and others i found it can elevate violent tendencies.  when I got on it I was always on edge and the slightest thing could send me into a rage.  I would be sitting at my desk listening to the radio and someone would tap me on the shoulder I would turn around and want to lunge out of my chair and break their neck.  seroiusly!!! i have never had a violent nature before but it was like the hulk.  i never hurt anyone but i wanted to kill everyone.  for about 3 months it was really bad.  I went to counseling and they wanted to put me on any-psychotics.  I started thinking back to when I was "normal" to try to find out what happened and I remembered it all started with the hair drugs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nothing looks dopier than a combover and the bald look is too trendy. Close cropped hair with a receding hairline looks best.

TT [coffee]
View Quote

I would rather be flogged, have the wounds filled with hotsauce and salt, be covered in honey and be thrown on an ant bed.  Then finally be slowly killed with a .177 pellet gun than have a combover.

TS
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I've got a receding hair-line since I was 16. I currently have more hair on my face than I do on my head. Though I still got some, my younger bro is 6 years younger is nearly bald. Just accept it, it is part of life of gettingold and everything kind of sags, hearing is not as good, vision is not as acute etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Save your money and just take what God gave you.  What happens if you have to stop taking it for some reason?  You go bald quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top