Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2007 3:38:57 AM EDT
Do you guys haggle for new gun prices when you buy from a gun shop, or just for used guns?

Im headed to vance's today to get some new stuff and was curious.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I would consider it on used...

On new, if the shop is too high, I would buy elsewhere or have a gun transferred in.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Generally, I don't haggle. If the price is a tad high I will just wave a wad of $100 bills and ask if there is a "cash discount". Sometimes it works, other times not so much.

Money talks. BS walks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll haggle a cash price on a used gun, otherwise just comparison shop until I find a best price for a new gun.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
If it seems to be around what other places are charging, I will jsut pay.  I don't mind payinga bit more, even, if it's a place I like.  But I am not going to pay 25% than the place down the street.  I usually say that I would like to buy from you guys, but your price is higher than so and so, is there anything you can do.  It never hurts to ask.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#5]
In gun stores, if it's a decent price, i won't bother. If it's overpriced, sometimes i'll make an offer.

At gunshows, i almost always haggle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top