Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2007 11:01:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#1]
GOOD!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go above an beyond to help this fella with his purchase if the "black rifle" and leave him with a good impression.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought about getting an AR but by the time I could afford the upper, I'd have no money for magazines & ammunition.

I'm trying to save up even more to get a good AK instead. I already have 7.62x39 ammunition & magazines.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Every time a bell rings, another Fudd gets his AR wings.

Or in this case, every time a light bulb goes off, making the connection between Dems gunning for POTUS and infringement of our 2A rights. The more that come into the fold, the better.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Dammit!

I just sold my last cut MG42 receiver.  I KNEW I should of held onto a couple of them!

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 He took some info and said he would be back.

J

Did that information include www.AR15.com?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If he's just getting acquainted with ownership of an EBR, at least he won't know what it was like when ammo was cheap.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought about getting an AR but by the time I could afford the upper, I'd have no money for magazines & ammunition.

Just buy a couple of stripped lowers. They are the actual gun per the ATF, and you will already have them if a ban comes back. Plus, you can find plenty of USGI magazines for roughly $10 a pop on the EE right now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I like introducing people to the EBR. I tried too let a friend of mine shoot my AR at a buddies house, but the buddie is very jealous of my guns (he is kind of broke and can't afford a $1000 rifle) and gets all pissy whenever I bust one out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Here's hoping the link was www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3

Might want to keep new people away from GD lest they think that we are all nutters.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Or in this case, every time a light bulb goes off, making the connection between Dems gunning for POTUS and infringement of our 2A rights. The more that come into the fold, the better.

More than likely,the Fudd gets his AR, stashes it in his safe,and votes against the 2nd amendment anyway,since that candidate supports his other views. Why should he support it? He's got his rifle,and there's plenty of people out there who "shouldn't own guns".
Plenty of gun owners could care less about the 2nd amendment and freedom in general.
I've met enough of them at various ranges

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just buy a couple of stripped lowers. They are the actual gun per the ATF, and you will already have them if a ban comes back.

True enough, but if another ban is enacted, I look for restrictions on "parts kits" to be made.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Make sure when the guy comes back you explain to him every myth he's probably heard about an AR.

I was showing one of my father's friends who farms 400 acres my AR with a 20" barrel and scope.   "MY GOD, that's an Assault Rifle!" were the first words that came out of his mouth.  My friends who don't know much about guns have also said that it's a machine gun.  

We take it for granted that we know so much about weapons, but there was a time when we were young and dumb too and thought AK's and AR's were full auto, illegal, and assault weapons.  

You spend 30 minutes with the guy and straighten him out, cause sure enough he'll probably take that new AR home and show a buddy or two, and you'll get more business if his buddies aren't scared of the gun and know it's legal to get one.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think we'd all benefit if the term "Fudd" was used a lot less.

After all, it's used as an insult and covers a wide range of people.

You know, every time someone feels themself insulted by being called a "Fudd" we've failed to make a supporter of the EBR, and probably made an enemy.

We should be trying to convert them.  Insulting them is just plain wrong and counterproductive.

I don't think we have such overwhelming numbers and support that we can afford to go around casually alienating other shooters, do you?

No, we don't.  I completely agree.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, every time someone feels themself insulted by being called a "Fudd" we've failed to make a supporter of the EBR, and probably made an enemy.

We should be trying to convert them.  Insulting them is just plain wrong and counterproductive.

I don't think we have such overwhelming numbers and support that we can afford to go around casually alienating other shooters, do you?

I agree as well but think it's a shame that a lot of hunters would vote for an AWB.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I loaned out my M4 type to a friend who took his dad shooting with it. Friend said his dad loved it!!!!

All it takes is a few of us EBR guys to show others the light. All it cost me was a few rounds of Guat.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I agree as well but think it's a shame that a lot of hunters would vote for an AWB.

Apparently they've never heard of a slippery slope.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I loaned out my M4 type to a friend who took his dad shooting with it. Friend said his dad loved it!!!!

All it takes is a few of us EBR guys to show others the light. All it cost me was a few rounds of Guat.

This reminds me of when I took one of my cousins shooting with my AK. He was like WOW! Except all it cost me was some Wolf.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Another potential case of BRD. Resistance is futile, your ass will be laminated...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#21]
My wife was (is, really) a non-gunner.  I wouldn't classify her as a anti-, but she's not interested in them at all.
I had my tactical AK out the other day and left it leaning in a corner of the bedroom.  When we went to bed she said "are you going to leave that machine gun out all night?"  GGrrrrrrr!  Five years of indoctrination and I get this!  Ah well, at least she's not an anti!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I heard a story on ARFCOM from a dealer who had a lot of customers before AWB 1 went into effect.

One guy came in goes I want 4 of those (M1A's) 8 of those (AR's) and 10 mags per rifle.  YES SIR!

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I heard a story on ARFCOM from a dealer who had a lot of customers before AWB 1 went into effect.

One guy came in goes I want 4 of those (M1A's) 8 of those (AR's) and 10 mags per rifle.  YES SIR!

Some guys have all the fun & money. I'm not one of them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Many (most?) hunters are not gun hobbyists.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many (most?) hunters are not gun hobbyists.

I agree and that really doesn't matter but they do need to realize that it starts with the EBR's and then on down to their bolt guns.  That's the part that baffles me, they just don't get it, some do but a lot don't.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Make sure when the guy comes back you explain to him every myth he's probably heard about an AR.

I was showing one of my father's friends who farms 400 acres my AR with a 20" barrel and scope.   "MY GOD, that's an Assault Rifle!" were the first words that came out of his mouth.  My friends who don't know much about guns have also said that it's a machine gun.  

We take it for granted that we know so much about weapons, but there was a time when we were young and dumb too and thought AK's and AR's were full auto, illegal, and assault weapons.  

You spend 30 minutes with the guy and straighten him out, cause sure enough he'll probably take that new AR home and show a buddy or two, and you'll get more business if his buddies aren't scared of the gun and know it's legal to get one.

What's fun to do when people express fear or apprehension upon seeing your rifle, is to show them one of the cartriges and how small the bullet actually is. Then you show them a cartridge from a 30/30 lever action "hunting rifle" and watch their preconceptions melt away.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner here!  Too bad it's the truth or we would almost have as much power in DC as the AARP.  

What gets me is most hunters are using a way more powerful round than most AR's use.

I've always thought the NRA should be more proactive informing the hunters about the real plans of the anti gun groups re their personal hunting guns.........
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
My wife was (is, really) a non-gunner.  I wouldn't classify her as a anti-, but she's not interested in them at all.
I had my tactical AK out the other day and left it leaning in a corner of the bedroom.  When we went to bed she said "are you going to leave that machine gun out all night?"  GGrrrrrrr!  Five years of indoctrination and I get this!  Ah well, at least she's not an anti!

My condolences.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Good hope he votes how he feels also.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So  this middle age country looking guy walks in and say he's been looking on the internet and has some questions about ARs. He asks about capacity. if there is anything special needed to buy them  and what not. He asks  the differences between the ones on the wall. Wanted to know if it would be like shooting his 30-06. Then he says ' Hilary scares me and i think it would be a smart purchase right now" He took some info and said he would be back.
 I have a strong feeling we will start to a see a lot more of this sort of customer. Which we will welcome with open arms.

J

AR's would be more popular with the FUDD crowd if they were available in 30-30
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So  this middle age country looking guy walks in and say he's been looking on the internet and has some questions about ARs. He asks about capacity. if there is anything special needed to buy them  and what not. He asks  the differences between the ones on the wall. Wanted to know if it would be like shooting his 30-06. Then he says ' Hilary scares me and i think it would be a smart purchase right now" He took some info and said he would be back.
 I have a strong feeling we will start to a see a lot more of this sort of customer. Which we will welcome with open arms.

J

...  You know... that's not such a bad idea, actually.  I've never seen a .30-30 in an autoloader though - can it be done?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

...  You know... that's not such a bad idea, actually.  I've never seen a .30-30 in an autoloader though - can it be done?

yes, its called 7.62x39
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#33]
There is a reason I started after the results of the last election. I have bought 3 AR's and 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo since last November and plan on atleast one more AR before the bitch gets elected. Whom ever that may be.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

John Kerry type hunters.

Not hunters like me!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

John Kerry type hunters.

Not hunters like me!

Oh yeah I hear ya and that's why I say a lot, not all.

Heck we had a vote on dove hunting here in MI last year and I asked my neighbor if I could put a "vote yes on 3" sign on his front lawn and he was against it and the main reason is because of the anti-BS he saw on TV, I tried to educate him and during the conversation it turned into an AWB conversation where I stated that you can hunt with an AK and people do but even though he owns a firearm or two he was against the EBRs and such.  I just shut up and walked away and I highly doubt that even though he's a gun owner he would care if he lost his RKBA.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

yes, its called 7.62x39

Oh snap!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's hoping the link was www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3

Might want to keep new people away from GD lest they think that we are all nutters.

+1

Direct them to the technical sections.

Quoted:

Quoted:

More than likely,the Fudd gets his AR, stashes it in his safe,and votes against the 2nd amendment anyway,since that candidate supports his other views. Why should he support it? He's got his rifle,and there's plenty of people out there who "shouldn't own guns".
Plenty of gun owners could care less about the 2nd amendment and freedom in general.
I've met enough of them at various ranges

This is why they need to be re-educated and informed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#38]
I guess there are a lot of people with the "It won't affect my deer rifle/shotgun/hunting rights"  I still remember when I was in 8th grade history class (7 years ago) and the teacher was talking about gun control, his comment was "I don't care if they ban pistols and rifles, I bird hunt and they'll never ban pump shotguns......"  Even in 8th grade I knew better than that.  WTF over?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I had my eye's set on an Infinity Custom Competition pistol ( Sexy as hell ) but then saw Hitlery bitching about how she was going to ban .22's .... So I went out and got a Bushmaster 16" Heavy Barreled Carbine with A COLLAPSIBLE STOCK AND A BAYONET LUG!!!!! (you know how many drive by bayonettings there are today). So I slapped and Eotech 512 and some Arms  .50 rear B.U.I.S. I'm waiting to get money for a Daniel Defense front rail and LOTS of 30 round mags. Thinking about getting a houge grip and a tactikewl battle sling. Hopefully I have that and a H&K USP Tactical before SHTF.

j0hn
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#40]
i have seen this before with fudds looking at AR's around election time, I think it is great and maybe they can get 1 or 2 of their buddies to try it out, this kind of thing only helps us out as long as they dont run into the gun store commando's they will probably come away with a good impression and a little more understanding of the second amm as not a right to own sporting firearms

-Mike
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Considering half of my collection is NFA all im worried about right now is ammo. They will come after mine before they come after your non nfa weapons.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I would go above an beyond to help this fella with his purchase if the "black rifle" and leave him with a good impression.

Yea, that's it!  Make 'em take the plunge into the deep end of 'the sickness'!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

I thought Remington made an auto-loading 30-30 at one time, but I'm not sure of the model.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

John Kerry type hunters.

Not hunters like me!

FYI John Kerry isn't a hunter.  He's only posed as one for maybe 5 seconds out of his entire worthless sub-cockroach existance.  And seriously, guys, the whole characterization of huntes as being short sighted dimwits who would sell out everyone for a bag of peanuts really does grate on me because I got my start in firearms via hunting and sport shooting (in contrast to many here) and it makes my blood boil to think any fellow American is as short sighted and stupid as apparently a perceptible fraction of them are.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I am tempted to buy him his first box of rounds for it (big spender I know).

Maybe we all can do a little something to get Aim to sell this guy and convert another one over to the dark side.

Aim you work at Fowler right?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top