Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 6:30:32 PM EST

Went under the knife today. I am really surprised at how well it went. I am tired, but 3 hours after surgery I made my daughter walk 2 miles with me. I started to tighten up, so the walk helped loosen me up and I feel much better. My last hernia surgery didn't go so well. I was a bilateral and I have 5 inches of scar to prove it. I couldn't stand up for 4 days after that surgery and I was hoping this one wouldn't end up being as bad as that one. Fortunately for me, it went really well and I feel pretty good. But I am so sleepy. Lots'of icing, Darvocet and getting up and around seem to help.

Anyone have any remidies on how to get this sedation out of my system. I am still tired from when they put me out and I don't think the Darvocet is helping me to keep from wanting to sleep.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:37:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/10/2004 6:37:48 PM EST by Andreuha]
You're saying you walked two miles the same day you had major surgery?
Am I missing something about Herneas?

In either case, get well soon! Best wishes!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:55:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Andreuha:
You're saying you walked two miles the same day you had major surgery?
Am I missing something about Herneas?

In either case, get well soon! Best wishes!

Yep, 2 miles. But I don't know if I would go so far as calling it a major surgery. I do have cut about 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches long on my stomach and they repaired it with mesh. But I am not hurting like I did with my back surgery or my other hernia surgery. And pain, walking 2 to 3 miles out of the woods with 3 broken ribs and a collapsed lung, then having a chest tube put in without anesthesia, now that hurt! I knew it was going to be bad when the doctor said, "This is going to hurt a LOT. You have to lay still and don't move your body, no matter how bad this hurts. Try to think of something else." This was a walk in a park compared to that. Besides, if you don't move after hernia surgery, your whole stomach stiffens up and it hurts much worse.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:12:42 PM EST
Glad you are doing good.

Walking the same day is amazing, I know it was only a 1 1/2" cut, but all muscles attach to the abs.

I had back surgery and had several cuts including a 19 inthe abs. Took me 5 days just to stand up! 6 weeks to walk by myself.

I think you might be feeling some pain when the meds wear off....

SGatr15
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:21:09 PM EST
I knew a guy that had hernia surgery. After about 6 months, the screen thing broke loose, fell into his sack and he had to get operated on again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:44:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By Imbroglio:
I knew a guy that had hernia surgery. After about 6 months, the screen thing broke loose, fell into his sack and he had to get operated on again.

Your just a ray of sunshine with that thread
Top Top