Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2010 7:42:11 PM EDT
When I took advanced tactical rifle given by Tactical Response in the fall of 2005 I fired just a little under 3,000 rounds in those two days. I was shooting South African .308 surplus out of my FAL. Each case of 1,000 rounds cost me a little under 100 dollars at the time. I am looking at current prices and using fuzzy math I shot approximately 1,600 to 1,700 dollars worth of ammo in twenty hours.

I remember the days when I would think of nothing of shooting 500 rounds through my glock in a couple of hours at my local private range. 9mm WWB was 110 dollars for a thousand rounds at my local walmart.

This wasn't even that long ago maybe 4 or 5 years. No wonder I really don't enjoy shooting anymore.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same issue, it's super hard to go burn a bunch of ammo when you realize what it's costing you.  I have to get .22 uppers for my AR's now and .308 is just painful to shoot.  

my FAL has been a safe queen the last couple years and I've switched to bolt guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That's not that bad...it was just south african. I remember bump firing three cases of Hirtenburger through my Cetme.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell me about it just hurts to shoot. I only shoot my AR these days but thats only because i already took the hit years ago. IT's easier that way than spending 60 bucks on pistol ammo and shooting it all in one hour.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have the same issue, it's super hard to go burn a bunch of ammo when you realize what it's costing you.  I have to get .22 uppers for my AR's now and .308 is just painful to shoot.  

my FAL has been a safe queen the last couple years and I've switched to bolt guns.

I'm going to be buying a .22 upper for my AR as soon as I can. Or just switching over to a LOT of dry-fire practice, and only dropping 100-200 rounds of .223/5.56 per range session.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember the $100 per K days, I didn't even bother to grab the brass...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I didn't even bother to grab the brass...

Whenever I did a tac load or an emergency load I would rack the gun. Didn't worry about the live rounds that would hit the deck I would just leave them when I left.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#8]
my smith and wesson mp15-22 filled this void in my shooting sessions
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]

i wanna get a cmmg .22 conversion for my ar so i don't have to worry about digging into my meager stash

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top