Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2004 8:00:24 AM EDT
Another officer and I were eating at a local pizza/sub joint and as a couple were leaving, the man says "Hey guys, your meals on us, thanks for the good job".  We barely had a chance to say thanks, since they kept walking right on out of the establishment.  
It was totally unexpected and really made our day.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Another officer and I were eating at a local pizza/sub joint and as a couple were leaving, the man says "Hey guys, your meals on us, thanks for the good job".  We barely had a chance to say thanks, since they kept walking right on out of the establishment.  
It was totally unexpected and really made our day.

I've had that happen a few times.  It comes time to pay the bill and the waiter/waitress would tell us that someone already picked it up for us.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  It's always nice when a citizen tells you they appreciate the job you do, either by telling you or picking up the tab!

When they buy me a cup of coffee, I always tell them I will gladly accept as long as I can return the favor.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, I've never had anyone pay for my stuff. That's awfully nice of someone.

Recently however, I did have the pleasure of going to lunch with my BP buds and a lady approached us and gave us all a big thanks, etc. That was way cool, and a big change from what I usually see. (I usually eat in the hood, and the looks we get aren't friendly).
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Most cops I know have put on at least 10 LBS. sucking up the freebies.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
It was pretty nice, since we were kinda depressed over a call we just had.  It was a 80 year old woman and her daughter.  The 80 year old has parkinsons and dementia (early stages of alzheimers?) and her daughter was trying to get her into the car after trying to get her to eat at a restaraunt.  The daughter was getting pissed off out of frustration and tried to force her into the car.  Bystanders called it in as two women fighting.
Turned out that the 80 year old forgot who her daughter was and thought that she was trying to kidnap her.  She was very afraid and kept insisting that we don't leave her.  The daughter was pretty upset over the whole thing herself.  We ended up calling rescue and they took over from us and the daughter called other relatives to come out and get her.  It was very depressing.

We were also frustrated over the call we had just before that.  A guy beat the crap outta his wife and she got a protective order but it hadn't been served yet.  The pd in her jurisdiction also got B&B family member warrant on him, but hadn't served it yet.  He shows up at her work and starts threatening her so she has a loss prevention call us and locked herself in the office.  The loss prevention people were following the guy around but didn't meet us at the door.  We spend a few minutes trying to find the victim and then once we get the story we start looking for the guy.  The LP folks then tell us "oh, he left about a minute after you got here."  I wanted to CHOKE the crap out of them.

What those two citizens did was really cool.  A simple thanks would have been just fine though.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey AZ-K9 shoot me an E-mail at [email protected]. Two of my Co-workers are headed your way. Leaving Baltimore Police Dept and headed to Pheonix PD. Didn't know where you worked. Just trying to get them in touch with a contact!

Thanks,
Sean
Sorry Trippletap, didn't mean to step on your thread...As I was reading this it came too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top