Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/30/2005 6:37:40 AM EDT
So I was at Walgreens with a buddy of mine yesterday, just bummin around the city with nothing to do since it was my day off. A guy was walking around looking for maps and asked a sales associate standing by me if they sold maps. She said no, but told him to go to the Post Office, and how to get there. So he turned around rather fast (he sounded irritated) and bumped into me while I was looking at Shotgun News and I naturally said "pardon me", so he starts walking to the auto doors and turns around again. He came toward me pretty quick yelling "You think it's funny asshole?! You got somethin to say?!"

So my first instinct is to reach behind my back to grab my Fox OC (since I don't have that beautiful CCW permit) and my Benchmade. He came within about 10 feet of me and started to inch closer to me, and each time I backed away telling him that I felt threatened, he just came closer and yelled "What are ya gonna do asshole?!".

I mean, the guy totally flipped out and lost it. So he come toward me again and I hosed his ass with the OC when he raised his hand (I'm assuming it was to physically assault me) and he dropped like a sack of bricks and started screaming "Fuck you cocksucker, I'm gonna kill you cocksucker!". By this time the store manager had called the police after he'd seen what was happening.

So you guessed it, I had to stick around for the police report etc. I was there with the cop for about 30 minutes talking to him, and this guy was on the floor in handcuffs with his eyes swollen shut, his face puffed up, snot and saliva dripping everywhere and had to breathe out his nose. This stuff really messed him up.

What a rush .
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:39:37 AM EDT
are you serious?

WTH don't you have your CCW?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:39:45 AM EDT
So... FOX works?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:41:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BeetleBailey:
are you serious?

I'm 19 I'm seriously considering moving to Vermont for things like this.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:41:33 AM EDT
Fox is fucking TERRIBLE stuff. One of my LEO friends had someone in the back of his cruiser go absolutely homicidally nuts one night, and one of my friend's "Buddies" (I use that term loosely, for reasons that will be abundantly clear in a second) EMPTIED AN ENTIRE CAN OF FOX OC IN THE BACK SEAT OF MY FRIEND'S CRUISER.

When the bubbling mass of snot formerly known as Leroy the Pimp was hauled out of the back of the car, the window tint film was observed to be crinkling and peeling off the windows in the back of the car.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:41:46 AM EDT
[nelson]HA-HA![/nelson]

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:41:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By w4klr:

are you serious?

Wow, well you handled that situation well. Kudos
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:41:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Reaper:
So... FOX works?

Took this guy down instantly, even while filing the police report the guy couldnt shut up about how much pain he was in and how he was blind
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:42:02 AM EDT

So I was at Walgreens with a buddy of mine yesterday, just bummin around the city with nothing to do since it was my day off. A guy was walking around looking for maps and asked a sales associate standing by me if they sold maps. She said no, but told him to go to the Post Office, and how to get there. So he turned around rather fast (he sounded irritated) and bumped into me while I was looking at Shotgun News and I naturally said "pardon me", so he starts walking to the auto doors and turns around again. He came toward me pretty quick yelling "You think it's funny asshole?! You got somethin to say?!"

So my first instinct is to reach behind my back to grab my Fox OC (since I don't have that beautiful CCW permit) and my Benchmade. He came within about 10 feet of me and started to inch closer to me, and each time I backed away telling him that I felt threatened, he just came closer and yelled "What are ya gonna do asshole?!".

I mean, the guy totally flipped out and lost it. So he come toward me again and I hosed his ass with the OC when he raised his hand (I'm assuming it was to physically assault me) and he dropped like a sack of bricks and started screaming "Fuck you cocksucker, I'm gonna kill you cocksucker!". By this time the store manager had called the police after he'd seen what was happening.

So you guessed it, I had to stick around for the police report etc. I was there with the cop for about 30 minutes talking to him, and this guy was on the floor in handcuffs with his eyes swollen shut, his face puffed up, snot and saliva dripping everywhere and had to breathe out his nose. This stuff really messed him up.

What a rush .

If it happend on Oct 1, you could have shot him dead.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:42:13 AM EDT
Hey! You started it asshole! When I can see again, cocksucker, I'm going to kick your ass!!

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:42:21 AM EDT

and this guy was on the floor in handcuffs with his eyes swollen shut, his face puffed up, snot and saliva dripping everywhere and had to breathe out his nose. This stuff really messed him up.

What a rush .

well done!

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:42:48 AM EDT
You done good!

<---starts looking for a good online store to buy Fox

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:42:58 AM EDT
Was this the 17th Street Walgreens near the port?

You need to get your CWP.

Good job on the hose job.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:46:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:
Was this the 17th Street Walgreens near the port?

You need to get your CWP.

Good job on the hose job.

HS1

Nah, it was the Walgreens in Weston by Three Village Road.

I need to move to a place where 18+ CCW is legal until I'm 21 though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:46:06 AM EDT
What costs more:

A large can of FOX

or a can of EZ-off oven spray?

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:47:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 6:55:30 AM EDT by KlubMarcus]
Wow, canned stopping power! Nice spraying kid! I wonder how he would've turned out if you hit him with the Bear Spray!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:48:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 6:49:31 AM EDT by Boom_Stick]

"Most pepper sprays are between 1/2 million and 2 million shu. Fox pepper spray is refined to 5.3 million shu, that's like the difference in heat between paper burning and a blue-hot blowtorch (about 451 degrees F vs 2000 degrees F.) But because of its unique formulation it does not blister the skin. Public law enforcement agencies across the USA are using Fox pepper spray and Fox Labs Products. "

Link

I'm gonna get me some of that stuff! I have a CCW but sometimes you can resolve a situation by hosing someone down. For instance a stupid kid starting trouble with you would get the hose, and a whacked out junky or thug would get the gun, YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:48:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tacberry:
What costs more:

A large can of FOX

or a can of EZ-off oven spray?

You owe me a new monitor!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:50:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

"Most pepper sprays are between 1/2 million and 2 million shu. Fox pepper spray is refined to 5.3 million shu, that's like the difference in heat between paper burning and a blue-hot blowtorch (about 451 degrees F vs 2000 degrees F.) But because of its unique formulation it does not blister the skin. Public law enforcement agencies across the USA are using Fox pepper spray and Fox Labs Products. "

Link

I'm gonna get me some of that stuff! I have a CCW but sometimes you can resolve a situation by hosing someone down. For instance a stupid kid starting trouble with you would get the hose, and a whacked out junky or thug would get the gun, YMMV.

If you do get it, get the medium sized can that hoses a stream up to 30 feet, I don't like the fogging one, I want distance on my stuff.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:50:48 AM EDT
HAHA well done!

/wish the Walgreens I go to would carry SGN!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:53:56 AM EDT
Good job!

I am impressed with the fact that you:

1) Took advantage of the area to maintain distance between you and the attacker

2) You verbalized the fact that you felt threatened by his actions

and

3) You didn't hesitate to act when you felt you had no other option.

A+
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:55:11 AM EDT
You may have been in trouble if you shoot this guy, he wasn't armed was he? Sure maybe not criminally with the new law, but civilly, you may have to defened yourself in court which is costly.

It may be nice to have the option of less leathal if you carry CCW, or he might have shit his pants if you would have drawn down on him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:56:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By erickktm:
You may have been in trouble if you shoot this guy, he wasn't armed was he? Sure maybe not criminally with the new law, but civilly, you may have to defened yourself in court which is costly.

It may be nice to have the option of less leathal if you carry CCW, or he might have shit his pants if you would have drawn down on him.

He's in Florida. They passed a new law about that protecting the victim.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:58:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:
Good job!

and

A+

A good friend of mine who does have his CCW drilled into my head when I started carrying what I could without being licensed that I should do that and let it be known to him and any witness that may be around that I was in fear. This guy was huge, no way I could have kicked his ass.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:59:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 12:20:10 PM EDT by Dolomite]
J&L has some of the best prices for Fox.

Sign up for their monthly newsletter and you'll get the 10% off code [EDIT](or IM me and I'll send it to ya).

Guys, I'm out for the weekend - and since the discount code I have expires today anyway - the best thing for you to do is sign up for their monthly web mailing - it'll have the discount code in it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:04:10 AM EDT
I hope for your sake you were at least within sight of a car wash
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:08:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:
Good job!

and

A+

Big +1 Good Job
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:09:15 AM EDT
So you didn't get in trouble for peper spraying him?

Cause it was self-defense.

Good for you!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:15:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

Originally Posted By erickktm:

He's in Florida. They passed a new law about that protecting the victim.

That goes into effect tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:18:27 AM EDT

are you serious?

Old enough to go to war but not to enjoy the 2nd Amendment fully...makes sense
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:19:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedAggie:

are you serious?

Old enough to go to war but not to enjoy the 2nd Amendment fully...makes sense

I LOVE that quote. I have always said that too. Also, alot of places won't let you rent a car till you're 25

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:19:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:20:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

Sign up for their monthly newsletter and you'll get the 10% off code (or IM me and I'll send it to ya).

Is that what u use to fight off those dangerous CHEESEHEADS lol
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:21:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 7:23:43 AM EDT by Admiral_Crunch]
Good job! You done good!

Do you have any idea what set him off like that? Did you laugh at something you read in the magazine or something? I'd be seriously weirded out if someone just came up to me at random and started screaming at me. What a psycho.

I hadn't considred carrying a can of spray before. That might be a good choice for when deadly force is harder to justify, but someone is threatening you. I'll have to look into it.

I'd keep a weapon handy at home for the next couple of weeks in case he tracks you down for some revenge.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:23:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Defcon:
What did the police say when they showed up and took your report?

I imagine they pulled security video and watched it. Any comments on that from them?

Sounds like you did a great job.

The police didn't say much, (actually it was a Sheriff's deputy) he wanted a full account of what happened from beginning to end, and he questioned 3 other people in the store. I don't know what the guy was charged with or anything.

He said he was surprised that a guy my age acted with restraint and did what I could to avoid any physical contact.

Don't know about the security tapes though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:27:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Good job! You done good!

Do you have any idea what set him off like that? Did you laugh at something you read in the magazine or something? I'd be seriously weirded out if someone just came up to me at random and started screaming at me. What a psycho.

I hadn't considred carrying a can of spray before. That might be a good choice for when deadly force is harder to justify, but someone is threatening you. I'll have to look into it.

I'd keep a weapon handy at home for the next couple of weeks in case he tracks you down for some revenge.

I have no clue what set him off, he seemed to be in a foul mood when I heard him asking store associates if they had maps, he had that tone like "CAN I GET A FUCKING MAP AROUND HERE?". I sure as hell didn't laugh at that guy, I wouldn't laugh at a guy that was significantly bigger, and I'm not much of an antagonist to begin with. I didn't laugh at anything, make any wiseass cracks etc, so I don't know what his deal was.

I always have my Glock in my vehicle and carry when in my home.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:30:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Reaper:
So... FOX works?

HAHAHA....FOX- ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:31:33 AM EDT
Sounds like a good spray to me!

HH
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:32:07 AM EDT
It's allowed in Michigan....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:37:00 AM EDT
Tag
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:39:12 AM EDT
Prime example of why I carry spray, ASP, Kubaton, CQC7 and my firearm with 4 reload mags. 8 rounds of .45 goes quick and if you use bullets, you better have enough to go around or you're in trouble.

I've used my ASP and pepper spray a few times, rather than my firearm.

Good job and well done.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:40:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:43:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JosieWales:

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

Is that what u use to fight off those dangerous CHEESEHEADS lol

If three shrill blasts from my rape whistle don't have any effect - yer darn tootin' I'll be escalating up to a non-lethal chemical alternative (all while dialing 911 of course).
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:43:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 9:44:19 AM EDT by leo6223]

Originally Posted By dvr9:

If it happend on Oct 1, you could have shot him dead.

No, that would have been manslaughter, possibly murder. Nothing changed in 776.012 or 776.031 other than the duty to retreat. Still have to prove that the guy was a deadly force threat. Just calling someone an asshole doesn't meet that burden.......

Hope you were just joking, but don't give the libs any fuel for their fire
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:44:11 AM EDT
Good job. This is a good example of thread and defense escalation. Most of us would have had to 1) run 2) shoot the guy, or 3) pistol whip until the police arrived.

I was looking at all the Fox offerings and saw the genade. Wouldn't that have been fun in the Walgreens? "Oh mister, don't make me throw this."

R.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:45:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 7:48:01 AM EDT by Paul]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:46:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Openin' up a can o' whupass!

a can of whoop ass hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:47:23 AM EDT
You should of bought a disposable camera while you were there and took pics.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:47:26 AM EDT
Good job. Good thing you don't have the CCW otherwise you might have killed him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:48:23 AM EDT
Now I have to start carrying some spray.

I can pretend I'm dog the bounty hunter then

How far away was he when you sprayed him? I wonder how this would have played out in other places that are more sheeple areas. I wonder how they would have treated you if you had no witnesses.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:48:24 AM EDT
Hahahahahaahahaha

Oh yeah

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Ho­ly crap that's funny hahahahahahaaha!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top